Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valencia "in advanced negotiations" with Real over Villa [merged]

• 11-06-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/06/11/1319276/david-villa-will-sign-for-real-madrid-chelseas-chief-spanish
    goal.com wrote:

David Villa Will Sign For Real Madrid - Chelsea's Chief Spanish Scout

David Villa looks set to join Real Madrid after Chelsea's chief scout in Spain revealed that the Valencia star is in advanced talks with the capital club…

Real Madrid are on the brink of signing David Villa from Valencia after Chelsea were told that they had no chance of signing him, according to the Blues' Spanish scout Juan Cruz Sol is the English team's representative in Spain and he stated that Chelsea have been given a firm "no" to their offer for the player because the Mestalla club are "in advanced negotiations with Real Madrid".

The former Valencia and Madrid player confirmed that the Blues "had made an important offer for him", but he insisted that it was not for €48 million as has been reported.

"Villa wants to go to Real Madrid" and things are "well advanced" meaning that Chelsea "recognise that and are waiting to see what happens".

"He wants to join Madrid because he wants to stay in Spain and that is normal.

"There is no chance of Villa going to Chelsea because he wants to now go to Madrid," he said according to Marca.Valencia had insisted that €35 million for their striker would not be enough and reports in the Spanish media that Madrid had agreed to add Alvaro Negredo to the deal appear to be true.

Real Madrid have already signed Kaka and have had a bid for Cristiano Ronaldo accepted, so the capture of Villa could make it a huge week for the Bernabeu-based outfit.

It looks like "El Guaje" could be going to Madrid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good, if he isn't going to Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

There's just remaking the Galacticos!

Zidane - Kaka
    Figo - Cristiano Ronaldo
    Raul - David Villa
    Ronaldo - Benzema (maybe)
    Beckham - Gerrard (maybe)

We saw how that turned out!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Beckham - Gerrard (maybe)

That's a dead cert...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol, they couldnt afford Gerrard.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mayordenis wrote: »
    That's a dead cert...

He is one of best right wingers in modern football :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a new 'holy trinity' will be complete.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dressing room will be very interesting,I reckon it'll all implode in no time,Perez will fuc'k it up

manager will be gone by christmas too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Headshot wrote: »
    dressing room will be very interesting,I reckon it'll all implode in no time,Perez will fuc'k it up

manager will be gone by christmas too

A nice Christmas suprise :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Real Madrid Superthread anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hands up here who would love to see Perez over spend like crazy and Real go into administration?

• Advertisement

hands up here who would love to see Perez over spend like crazy and Real go into administration?

Not me.

Real are among the greatest clubs in the world, it would be heartbreaking to see them to go to the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No, do well enough to finish second behind Barcelona every year. That's more unbearable.

:thumbsdown: :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Does Perez know Cannavaro is gone back to Juve?

Maybe the united lads were right to tell Ronaldo he would be centre back when he goes to madrid.........

And how come the standard Randy Lerner won't sell Villa reply hasn't appeared.

Barca won the league this year, but Real had serious issues and were missing a couple of their best players most of the year. the two years before that Real won the league. Really don't think there is as much between the two teams as people like to make out.

the addition of Kaka,Ronaldo & Villa are gonna make them a serious force in the league next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The fact Real have no defense, a defensive midfielder called Lass, and there are too many egos in one dressing room suggests to me there is a gulf.

Never going to happen. Real Madrid are too important to Spain for it to happen. Banks will never, ever foreclose on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

gimmick wrote: »
    The fact Real have no defense, a defensive midfielder called Lass, and there are too many egos in one dressing room suggests to me there is a gulf.

Never going to happen. Real Madrid are too important to Spain for it to happen. Banks will never, ever foreclose on them.
    Sure its against the law for them to be relegated!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I dunno, I kindof find all the transfer madness around Madrid and City quite exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing what teams they'll field next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

If Villa signs this will be the best trio of players ever signed by one club in the space of a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Quint wrote: »
    If Villa signs this will be the best trio of players ever signed by one club in the space of a week.

Compared to what other trio of great players signed by one club in the space of a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Marek Stech, Javier Mascherano and Carlos Teves to West Ham all on 31st of august 2006 comes close considering west hams size.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eddiehead wrote: »
    Compared to what other trio of great players signed by one club in the space of a week?
    Arsenal signed Francis Jeffers, Richard Wright and Gio van Bronckhurst in a pretty short space of time in 2001. Got Inamoto on loan too. So some stiff competition there.

Deliberately left out Sol Campbell for added effect...

Marek Stech, Javier Mascherano and Carlos Teves to West Ham all on 31st of august 2006 comes close considering west hams size.

Hardly Kaka, C Ronaldo & Villa though is it? Its hard to imagine it ever being topped if it were to happen.

eddiehead wrote: »
    Hardly Kaka, C Ronaldo & Villa though is it? Its hard to imagine it ever being topped if it were to happen.

oshea,kuyt and fletch

would come right close

lolz

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Torres, Benayoun and Babel.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Torres, Benayoun and Babel.

Started strongly in fairness.

I don't think a soul in the world could argue against Ronaldo,Kaka and David ****ing Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Dont forget Shorey, Young and Cuellar!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Remember Charlton got two centre halves who Costa Fortune?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I don't think a soul in the world could argue against Ronaldo,Kaka and David ****ing Villa.

Kenny Dalglish, his right boot, his left boot.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Duff, Robben and Makelele

Brought two titles they did.

Tested and proven, beat that.

Not all same time but 3 amazing signings for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did Arsenal not sign Overmars Vieira and Petit in the one week? I certainly remember them signing 2 excellent players in the one day back then

CHD wrote: »

Back when Chelsea were a class team to use in ISS. 2 great wingers each side knocking it into Drogba or Crespo, happy days. Now it's all central midfield, no fun at all

I miss those 3, those were the days:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Did Arsenal not sign Overmars Vieira and Petit in the one week? I certainly remember them signing 2 excellent players in the one day back then

It was one deal IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Robben and Makelele excellent signings - Duff was never in the same league. Ironically one was bought by Madrid and the other came from Madrid. People seem to forget that Robben was Madrid's best player last season and is one of the best players in Europe.

Didn't Valencia want Duff? But he chose that trainwreck instead:(

Quint wrote: »
    Didn't Valencia want Duff? But he chose that trainwreck instead:(

Duff to replace Villa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Warper wrote: »
    Robben and Makelele excellent signings - Duff was never in the same league. Ironically one was bought by Madrid and the other came from Madrid. People seem to forget that Robben was Madrid's best player last season and is one of the best players in Europe.

I have to completely disagree tbh. Robben is very talented, but is probably the most brainless player in world football today. He has absolutely no football intelligence and will pretty much never not go for personal glory when he gets close to goal.

Compare him to say, Messi, who has more natural talent for a start but mainly just far more awareness. He passes the ball better, moves better, and wont just dribble down corners or shoot from stupid angles if he see's someone in a better position and that's the main difference. Robben could be good, he could be brilliant, he is far too selfish and lacking any kind of tactical awareness to do it though.

I'd take Duff at his best over Robben at any time by the way. People forget how good Duff was up until his second season at Chelsea. His last few for Blackburn and first for Chelsea he was immense. Then he just gave up and lost all motivation completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CorkMan wrote: »
    Duff to replace Villa :D

Duff to replace Ronaldo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Trilla wrote: »
    Duff to replace Ronaldo!!

United and Valencia to time share Duff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just confirmed by SSN there, still no sign of a few defenders signing for them!

At this rate though they wont have to defend with the attacking options they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

****e he was meant to join Liverpool :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    Just confirmed by SSN there, still no sign of a few defenders signing for them!

At this rate though they wont have to defend with the attacking options they have.

Im looking at ssn now and I see no villa news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭deisedude

How much did they overpay for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

As a Valencia fan, i'm sad to see him go.

As a Villa fan, i'm sad to see him join the circus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

I've just signed Mika Aaritalo on FM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I've just signed Mika Aaritalo on FM

quality player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah well. Still beat them in the CL next season :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement