Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History and Appreciation of Art (HL) - The Aftermath

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

but there wasn't really any twist in the gallery question! a twist one have been how did your visit influence your own style of painting or you have to organise an art exhibition in your school how would you do it from what you leaned on your visit blah blah blah. there really wasn't a twist at all. nice and straight forward

it asked how a gallery and the quality of the artwork improve an exhibition meant i could fit in loads of stuff about facilities lighting paint educational aspect catalogues

im a repeat and the Q last year said how it effected your artwork - thought that was fairly easy just lie and say you used a similar technigue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Justin5150 wrote: »
    Ya i noticed that too....you just stroll in and it appears on your left...

I got to it the long way :D So just 4 hours walking and it appeared to my right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭questionmark

i did a self portraite by francis bacon for the european seaction two is this ok dose any1 know? i was hoping he would come up in the irish section but when he dident i decided to use him for the european, are u allowed disscuse any artist aslong as it fits in to the title???? :pac:

i did a self portraite by francis bacon for the european seaction two is this ok dose any1 know? i was hoping he would come up in the irish section but when he dident i decided to use him for the european, are u allowed disscuse any artist aslong as it fits in to the title???? :pac:

can you tell me the q you did it for- i didnt bring the paper with me

i think it should be alright i dont think it says anything about non irish at the top of section 2?

thanks,
    it say "section 2- european art (1000ad-present)" on d top
    then "choose and name a work that fits into one of the following categories" bla bla bla "a self portrait of an artist"

• Advertisement

yeah im 99% sure theirs no way they couldnt accept that, it fits into the q so you win :D

yeppy i feel so relived now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Ahhh! Opened the paper and nearly cried! One of the girls did! So not prepared for what came up.

Christian in the pre-christian era?!. I didn't even know they were allowed do that!:eek: I used the Tara broach and it's animal ornament... Is that alright???

Then the romanesque question appeared under IRISH history! ffs! Waffled my way through the Pieta but lost time cause I actually had to think instead of putting pen to paper and just writing.

Did the exhibition Q after that. T'was okay I guess but I was stuck for time. My last diagram was literally stick people so that I could get in the closing paragraph!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

My art class hadn't covered any of that! apart from some last minute museum gallery essay thrown out to us so I waffled my way through the first two questions and did a good few illustrations. I hope it doesn't bring me down I want an A or B.

Adriatic wrote: »
    My art class hadn't covered any of that! apart from some last minute museum gallery essay thrown out to us so I waffled my way through the first two questions and did a good few illustrations. I hope it doesn't bring me down I want an A or B.

Less than 5% get A's in art. Compared to, for example, about 20% in Accounting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Reilly616 wrote: »
    Less than 5% get A's in art. Compared to, for example, about 20% in Accounting.

It was 1% a couple of posts ago so our chances are improving!
    Yay!:D

phic wrote: »
    It was 1% a couple of posts ago so our chances are improving!
    Yay!:D

1.4% get A1s

I'm not sure exactly what % get A's in general, but it's less than 5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

SugoiHito wrote: »
    How can you be so sure you got an A1...less then 1% get A1s and its really hard and you never know how theyll mark your practicals...

My sister got an A1. But she's a freak of nature.

--

Our teacher told us we were meant to get Bronze Age because it goes stone age -> bronze age - > stone age, alternating each year. She said it threw alot of people off because of that and said it might be a question marked leniently ro some extent.

Here's hoping, because I effed up that Q.

rhapsody! wrote: »
    My sister got an A1. But she's a freak of nature.

--

Our teacher told us we were meant to get Bronze Age because it goes stone age -> bronze age - > stone age, alternating each year. She said it threw alot of people off because of that and said it might be a question marked leniently ro some extent.

Here's hoping, because I effed up that Q.

your teachers a bit thick if you ask me i could tell from going through past papers there wouldnt be bronze age because it was on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jadewaIsh

I'm doing my Art Hist mock tomorrow.. My class never really focused on general appreciation so I'm not entirely sure what amount (of pages, words etc) they're looking for??

what would a good HL standard paper look for regarding a Gen App question?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement