Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout paradise - big surf island DLC

Options
  • 11-06-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I see this is out now on PSN and Xbox Live. Anyone getting it? Costs 1000 microsoft points for the xbox version. I think I'll go for it, I have a good few points remaining as change from when I bought the GTA4 DLC :)

<3 burnout

Oh yeah, video here: http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/island.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't buy Big Surf Island but I had to download it earlier when I switched on Burnout Paradise. I don't like having to download a 400MB+ file for something I won't be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bought this and the Legendary Cars pack today. Unfortunately I need to download a 1.2 Gig patch since its been so long since I played the game, and all my download cap is used up with E3 vids last week :(

Still, I can understand why they do this, so theres no "factions" in the game of who has what content and what cars, makes it easier to find online games when there isnt dozens of permutations of updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Every time they update the game you have to download a big ass gigabyte file.

Tried it for a few minutes - looks good - don't remember the framerate being that silky smooth. Maybe cos its an island or I've been playing too much Mass Effect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Burnout Paradise was always a 60fps game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I eventually did buy this last night. There are some great jumps and the new dirt-buggy type car they give you at the start is fun. The new area seems quite large. Lots of new billboards and smash gates and stuff too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement