Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Limerick Castletroy SLOW

• 11-06-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having slow problems in the Limerick area with their UPC internet?

Oh yea it just seems to be my internet web page loading.. its driving me crazy..

My download speeds are perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

run a repair on your network connection or
    if using a wireless router, reboot that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

What browser are you using?

Try another maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

10M/1M and a 37ms ping, there's nothing wrong with your Internet connection. If webpages are slow loading, you could have a browser problem, or some other computer related issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

i am beginning to like google chrome and firefox is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

Anyone has similar problem now (and last Weekend as well) ?

Connections to UPC servers are ok.
    http://speedtest.upc.ie/ D: 26Mbps U: 2.7Mbps ping 15ms

But all servers other tan Ireland are horrible bad.
    Especially youtube - transfers starts and after few seconds (up to a minute) just stops. Same with files (for example updates from game, bigger pictures etc). All was checked on few PC/systems (W7, Ubuntu), connected directly to eth of modem connector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

Problem resolved - there was damaged cable between UPC and UPC amplifier (outside, on one from buildeags). Cable between my modem and UPC amplifier was ok, so there was no lack of signal levels.

Advertisement