Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for NTL callout

Options
  • 11-06-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

I'm so p*ssed off with NTL. No TV and internet the last 7 days. Some body was meant to call out at 6.00 3 days ago but nobody arrived. They tried some remote fix but no luck. So I called them back and they said tonight @ 6. Rushed home from work. Nobody arrives of course. I ring them and they said he was there at 2 today! The call was booked for 6 so don't really understand why he went there at 2. I guess he was in the area and thought would chance his arm but he should have came back at 6. The next callout I can now get is in 6 days time! It's a absolute joke. Nearly two weeks without tv and internet! Anyone else have any bad dealing like this? What can I do to get them out sooner?!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hi all,

I'm so p*ssed off with NTL. No TV and internet the last 7 days. Some body was meant to call out at 6.00 3 days ago but nobody arrived. They tried some remote fix but no luck. So I called them back and they said tonight @ 6. Rushed home from work. Nobody arrives of course. I ring them and they said he was there at 2 today! The call was booked for 6 so don't really understand why he went there at 2. I guess he was in the area and thought would chance his arm but he should have came back at 6. The next callout I can now get is in 6 days time! It's a absolute joke. Nearly two weeks without tv and internet! Anyone else have any bad dealing like this? What can I do to get them out sooner?!!!

Cancel your contract due to lack of delivery on their side, and insist that negates the 30 day period, so they have to stop billing you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Dont get me started on NTL. I have had no service since February (moved gaff) and they are STILL trying to bill me. The service was completely disconnected from outside. Wot a joke. Wudn't mind but they came out, drilled holes in my wall, threw cables over the house (all for broadband) and it turns out broadband is NOT available in my area. Dingbats. They still want me to pay. I told them NO WAY am I paying, the technicial came on Tueday and had to reconnect my cables on the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kieran3

My Tv went this morning...same thing, they tried to fix it over the fone.
    Couldn't and said it was going to be Monday when they can get someone out. Told them to get someone out tomorrow. She said I was on the priority list!!!!

Whats the priority list says I?
    Maybe tomorrow!!!

Will be onto them at lunchtime if they haven't contacted by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 david.carroll5

Yeah I rang back and spoke to Manager. He said callout sat morning between 9-1 and on priority list too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

look for a reduction in your bill...u shouldnt have to pay them for a service they arent providing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kieran3 wrote: »
    My Tv went this morning...same thing, they tried to fix it over the fone.
    Couldn't and said it was going to be Monday when they can get someone out. Told them to get someone out tomorrow. She said I was on the priority list!!!!

Whats the priority list says I?
    Maybe tomorrow!!!
    Will be onto them at lunchtime if they haven't contacted by then.

At the end day you looking for a next day engineer visit is unreasonable especially if they advise you Monday is the next available slot.

Why should NTL cancel an engineer visit for another customer just to fulfill your request, what makes you so important and more of a priority then any other customer they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Cabaal wrote: »
    At the end day you looking for a next day engineer visit is unreasonable especially if they advise you Monday is the next available slot.

Why should NTL cancel an engineer visit for another customer just to fulfill your request, what makes you so important and more of a priority then any other customer they have?

They aren't deserving of the title "engineer" IMO. No 3rd level qualifications and they are not accredited by Engineers Ireland. They are just installers/technicians with a jumped up job title- a professional engineer would work to higher standards (not that they would be out installing broadband, but anyway..)

PS. I remember reading in the paper about the CEO saying he was aware of their dire customer service and how it was going to undergo a radical overhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kieran3

Cabaal wrote: »

Quite simple Caball, I am their customer paying good money for a tv service. It is not good enough that I would be without a tv service for 4 days.

I'm not asking them to cancel other peoples appointments. Im asking them to assign more engineers to my area where there was a big outtage.

In the end I got a free months service from them for their lack of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

tell them you are cancelling your account because you have decided to go with Sky.

chances are they will have an Engineer out within the hour!

well it worked for my bro

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I'd agree they are a joke.

Have had ongoing issues with them & finally got an engineer out. Naturally I had the - "it will be a week" & then a choice of 9-1.30 or 1-6

So I sit around & he comes. Turn on & off the box, checks the speed and said, "speed seems fine, contact us if there is an more problems". I said but you haven't done anything and he said that all he could really do was check the speed & if the problem continues, they would look into changing the box. He didn;t do anything so the problems couldn;t just go away by magic.

Told him he could change the box & then I'd let them know if there were any more problems as I wasn't going to sit around for another 5 hours waiting for someone to press a few buttons. He did change the box and if I have anymore problems, I'll be straight onto.....Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

A positive NTL story-I've heard all the horror stories from various friends and family but,having looked at the options,its was the best value.Called for the appointment,they showed up on time,had the whole thing set up in under an hour.When the OH came home that night,he wanted more channels than we had gotten(we'd gone for the Digital Value option with our broadband).Called them up and 10 minutes later we were switched to the next package up.Have been very impressed with them so far,very easy to deal with.fingers crossed it stays like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We upgraded to digital yesterday and also got BB and Phone installed.

It took two visits to get set up but that was expected for reasons I won't bore you with. Everything was set up and working, this morning I decided to put the Digital+ box in my room and put the standard box in the main room, something which the tech said we could do.

The Digi+ box worked fine in my room but the standard box didn't work in the main room. I called tech support and all they did was ask me to reboot, that didn't work so they said they'd send a tech out, not much tech support there eh? :rolleyes: I swapped the boxes back and they worked fine but a channel I had ordered wasn't showing in my room. I eventually got that sorted after spending 20 minutes on hold. There is absolutely NO excuse for being kept holding that long from ANY company.

So far they're 50/50 for me.

Advertisement