Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a mature student can i get financial aid?

Options
  • 11-06-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

Im 23 and did not enter college as a mature student. I have just completed my 1st year (DIT Kevin St) and was wondering if there is any funding other than maintainance grant or student assistance fund available to me. Also has anyone here gotten the student assistance from DIT and if so roughly how much do you get? I prob wont be able to continue to study since i support my self) if I cant get funding somewhere....:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hi OP,

What you get from the SAF can vary depending on your circumstances. Have you applied for the grant? As a candidate other than a mature student, you would be means-tested based on your parents' earnings for the previous tax year.

Pop into the Students' Union in Kevin St for a chat; they'll be able to help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

Hi,

Once the application forms are available I will be applying for the grant and I checked on line I will be eligible for the full adjacent grant.

It says on the DIT website that the SAF is €1000 per year is that for everyone or the max?

Advertisement