Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the fact you only took pictures when you won :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Haha! Harsh but fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

i am seriously considering getting a stick. Makes the low and medium punches/kicks so much easier

Oh and throws

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Great fun tonight folks! The numbers were really impressive to the point where we had 5 computers running 4 different games! It was nice to also get some Blazblue played and come to the decision that I want to learn this game. I also have to improve my Bison game too!

Cheers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GG lads. I think these meets are really helping my Guile.

Also nice to see more and different people all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The wheel of fate is turning.

Webel 1.

Weady.

Fight.

*mash mash mash mash mash*

As for SF IV, I don't think I did too bad for my first time ever playing the game.

Anyway I am absolutely pissed at the moment. I waited about twenty minutes after the last two people left Porter House and met a friend of mine and went to Dorans.

The two of us were dancing away, she went for a smoke and then I got a text saying "I can't see straight. I'm under the arch in Temple Bar."

That was the end of that. Went to a house party afterwards and I'm only getting home now at quarter past five. Good times.....

Looking forward to Belfast next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoyed popping in for a bit. Was good to put some names to faces (many forgotten already though :S) and do a bit of promo work! Will try and get the photos up ASAP.

I think I have actually become too accustomed to the XBox controller - being handed a stick for my one (brief) fight was very wierd. Wouldn't be too bad using the XBox controller but I need the lazy habit of hitting the 3xP button knocked out of me...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting, but haven't seen that before. Try SRK?

*edit* Or just buy it, you never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Good times.

Ended up at a random house party in my apartment block after I left Porterhouse. Just woke up about an hour ago. Can't remember a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Degenerate Alcoholic Ranking Battles

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I think we have a winner for the name of our events.

But seriously great to see new faces attending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No sign of you tho Azza!

Only one Bison represented the pyscho power on sunday. And although he was strong with innate tuesday-ness, he was unfamiliar with the matchup against the stretchy slumdog.

Unfortunately, I completely forget everyones names, but I reckon I'll be one of the ones heading to Belfast on Saturday morning.

Took the plunge on that converter too, so hopefully it works out so I can use my old school HRAP.

Hopefully we can convince the Eir-Rage crowd to use a decent ruleset too. A proper fighting game scene in Ireland. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

LanParty.ie also hosting a SFIV tourney that weekend so even if they don't see the light, there will be something (in Dublin) to satisfy...

🤪

Kirby wrote: »
    Only one Bison represented the pyscho power on sunday. And although he was strong with innate tuesday-ness, he was unfamiliar with the matchup against the stretchy slumdog.
    It was really great to come across a tough Sim player. They just don't pop up on Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Monkeyto wrote: »
    It was really great to come across a tough Sim player. They just don't pop up on Live!

Against Kirbys 'sim use the ol' lk scissors loop.He's a big fan!

Who was it I was talking to about the Giga Wing videos in the pub?

blag wrote: »
    Against Kirbys 'sim use the ol' lk scissors loop.He's a big fan!

I have new tactics aginst that. ask azza :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You mean this?

Thats Ikaruga. Great game. You can get it on xbox live if you don't have a dreamcast, gamecube, or wii.

Me and my mate can beat it too. One of my favourite shooters.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Kirby wrote:
    I have new tactics aginst that. ask azza

Not really, I can apply alot of pressure on Kirby once I get in on him and can start a scissors kick loop and then mix things up.

Key words being once I get in. Kirby has improved at keeping me out and escaping quicker.

But having said that, its a very tough match up between the two of us. We both have learned so much about the Sim Vs Dic match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats Ikaruga. Great game. You can get it on xbox live if you don't have a dreamcast, gamecube, or wii.

Me and my mate can beat it too. One of my favourite shooters.

I love Ikaruga,it's not tough to complete but getting A grades on all levels is tough as nails.I still prefere Radiant Silvergun though.

I've been playing a really good 'Sim lately.I'll play you next time you're on live Kirby for a few rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Twas me, xoxak for life!

blag wrote: »
    I love Ikaruga,it's not tough to complete but getting A grades on all levels is tough as nails.I still prefere Radiant Silvergun though.

Try getting S rank! bleedin hard as nails though me and my co-op buddy got S on the last level which was sweet tbh.

I probably should have read the description of that converter better before I bought it.

Here's a review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EiZI03GeI

Seems it needs a wired 360 controller connected to it too to work.

Hopefully Game or Gamestop do their own brand of really cheap wired 360 controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hopefully Game or Gamestop do their own brand of really cheap wired 360 controllers.

Gamestop dont do wired controllers at all. Not sure about Game but I wouldn't hold my breath. HMV do the official wired controllers for 30 quid.

Would anybody be up for another session on thursday or friday?
    Wanna get some more play in before belfast.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Gamestop dont do wired controllers at all. Not sure about Game but I wouldn't hold my breath. HMV do the official wired controllers for 30 quid.

Would anybody be up for another session on thursday or friday?
    Wanna get some more play in before belfast.
    I can dig Friday jiiiiiiiiive turkey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Argos were selling the Madcatz Xbox 360 controller for 25 euro. Check there.

Advertisement