Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

No worries. I split my cost with Leimrod. I know in the past Leprekaun sorted this all out, but I had not give it much consideration as it was rather spur of the moment going.

I think Kirby suggestion is a good one.

Anyway Placebo who where you again. Can't put a face to the name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I gave 5 to dreddy, btw how much is it to rent again?

And just to say GGs lads, or to those I was able to play. Its unfortunate the PS3 with all the chars unlocked is so far away from the 360s.
    Would be cool if next time we could work it so that we rent the 360s and ps3s that are beside each other maybe? Sucks having everyone split up, although I'd probably notice it more due to being chained to a ps3 with my pad :p

I wonder how long it'd take to at least get as far as akuma unlocked (meaning everyone bar seth and gouken would need to be unlocked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It depends how many people we have Cunny, we ended up with a couple euro extra that time I think, 2 or 3 euro, and I just gave it to people who had put deposits in. I think it's 2.50 per hour per console? Or something...

Thats pretty sweet, theres an xbox centre in DCU, think they charge about that for only half an hour... feckin rip off DCU :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's closed until the students are back. I'm not sure what they charge, was only up there once to have a look at was a bit put off by the price. I think animax is looking into seeing if we can get the place when it opens again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    i left 5 to terry ^
    sorry had to leg it early, really wanted to play loads

Yeah man you should've stayed longer! Was hoping to get in a few games of 3rd strike. Also, I'll give you a couple of euro back since you didn't even stay for an hour.

@retrogamer: I've emailed someone about it but never got any response. Maybe they're not around during the summer. Will try again when term starts

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just for anyone who is interested to know we had a for fun 7v7 team tournament.

All the players where drawn at random.
    The winner dropped to the bottom of the play order.

Round 1
    Team 1 VS Team 2
    Cunny-Funt VS Animax (Cunny-Funt wins)
    Xinkai VS Kirby (Kirby wins)
    Jimeatsmenu VS Azza (Azza wins)
    Dreddybajs VS Ret0gamer (Dreddybajs wins)
    Chopperbyrne VS Aran (Chopperbyrne wins)
    Creature VS FoamyMushroom (FoamyMushroom wins)
    Owwmykneecap VS Leimr0d (Owwmykneecap wins)

Team 1 leads 4 life's to 3.

Round 2
    Team 1 VS Team 2
    Cunny-Funt VS Kirby (Cunny-Funt wins)
    Dreddybajs VS Azza (Azza wins)
    Chopperbyrne VS FoamyMushroom (FoamyMushroom wins)
    Owwmykneecap VS Azza (Azza wins)
    Cunny-Funt VS FoamyMushroom (FoamyMushroom wins)

Team 2 wins with 2 life's left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My match with Cunny was definately one for the ages. Daigo and Wong had nothing on us. Worthy of recording and posting on the internet, with the pair of us showing amazing skill with combo's reaching 2 hits at times! :o

Gonna get myself a ps3 controller so that I can hang more with the ps3 crowd and make life easier. ::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Azza wrote: »
    Anyway Placebo who where you again. Can't put a face to the name?

Im the hot asian dude with a cap that all the japenese girls love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yeah.... sooooooo dreamy~

lol jk

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's closed until the students are back. I'm not sure what they charge, was only up there once to have a look at was a bit put off by the price. I think animax is looking into seeing if we can get the place when it opens again.

Ah jaysus I am no where near suggesting we actually use the xbox center in DCU! Sure not only is it a rip off, but you have to be a DCU student to use the place anyway. (You show your student card when you pay)
    Kirby wrote: »
    My match with Cunny was definately one for the ages. Daigo and Wong had nothing on us. Worthy of recording and posting on the internet, with the pair of us showing amazing skill with combo's reaching 2 hits at times! :o

Gonna get myself a ps3 controller so that I can hang more with the ps3 crowd and make life easier. ::D

Hehehe, however I have to say, if we ever do a casual tourney again like that we should really have me kirby and foamy on the same team. I know it was only casual but its pretty pointless for us when we have to play stick v stick matches. :o

Although the PC version will help that situation and of course and kirby getting a ps3 pad. I am getting a stick but'll be a while before I'll be any use on the thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Although the PC version will help that situation and of course and kirby getting a ps3 pad. I am getting a stick but'll be a while before I'll be any use on the thing.

Yeh, I'm going to pick up a ps3 one so that I can play on 360 and ps3. Shouldn't be too expensive at this stage.

Ah jaysus I am no where near suggesting we actually use the xbox center in DCU! Sure not only is it a rip off, but you have to be a DCU student to use the place anyway. (You show your student card when you pay)

Well, me and retr0 are still DCU students so we're gonna play there and we don't need you so there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I know it was only casual but its pretty pointless for us when we have to play stick v stick matches. :o

I actually had my saturn pads with me, but it was more fun watching yous play with sticks :pac:

I'll take them out of my bag next time so the padsters can have the option of using them.

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah man you should've stayed longer! Was hoping to get in a few games of 3rd strike. Also, I'll give you a couple of euro back since you didn't even stay for an hour.

no worries man, cant really even get anything with a fiver even these days !
    think im gonna abandon 3s, its really ruined my sf4 game

animaX wrote: »
    Well, me and retr0 are still DCU students so we're gonna play there and we don't need you so there :D

Ah right I see, I didn't know anyone else was in DCU. Oh wait yeah ,your the guy I was talking to aaaaaages ago on the 2df forums who couldnt play online due to the proxy in DCU aint yea? (i think i asked you this before) & your also the sagat player I played on saterday, I only realised now. Damn I suck with names. Nice to meet and play you anyways man.

Here listen if we wanna get some SF going in DCU, we should all join the game society. The have a console event every week, where you can just walk in and play no need to pay. They played SF4 there before I know it, maybe we can kinda force our own mini SF scene into dcu... muahhaha

Placebo wrote: »
    no worries man, cant really even get anything with a fiver even these days !
    think im gonna abandon 3s, its really ruined my sf4 game

Its really hard going back and forth between the 2 all right. 3s deffo hurts my SF4 game more then the other way around though. So yeah I'm concentrating on my sf4 game these days, although every now and then I go into 3s mode for a week or two. 3s is too good not to play.

well said, i may play it at casuals and maybe practice for next dramatic battle up north but other than that SF4 is the way to go and i suck at it [for now]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Here listen if we wanna get some SF going in DCU, we should all join the game society. The have a console event every week, where you can just walk in and play no need to pay. They played SF4 there before I know it, maybe we can kinda force our own mini SF scene into dcu... muahhaha

I may soon qualify as a DCU student (Not sure if oscail counts?), so I'd be up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've just chilled in DCU before with a couple of friends and played guitar hero in that place without being in any way affiliated with DCU so I wouldn't say it matters much chopper. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So same time again this weekend then? :)

• Advertisement

Oh wait yeah ,your the guy I was talking to aaaaaages ago on the 2df forums who couldnt play online due to the proxy in DCU aint yea? (i think i asked you this before) & your also the sagat player I played on saterday, I only realised now. Damn I suck with names. Nice to meet and play you anyways man.

Thats me! I actually forgot that was you also :p
    Yeah nice to play you. I've just recently managed to get xbox live working on DCU campus but still no luck with 2DF due to proxy issues.:mad:

Edit: I won't be around next weekend, have to go to the sunny southeast

i wont be around either , as i is going to galway
    my chuns gotten way better. no more top tier whore jokes for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll be up for it this weekend if the numbers are there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should be there as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I gotta gets me to one of these meets. :)

Can I get directions to the venue? Will probably take the train to Heuston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will probably take the train to Heuston.

Take the Luas to the Jervis stop and then walk in the direction of the Ha'Penny bridge. The Xtreme Gaming Center is across the road from a Spar.

google map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I hope I get my new parts by then.
    Come on, EMS! :)

Not sure if I'll be there this Saturday or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Has Doom been to any meet ups lately lads? Haven't seen him post in a while.

oh and should be there myself Weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doom has been doing exams and studying lately. I'm sure he'll be back in regular action soon enough.

Advertisement