Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Saw him in the shoutbox on the westcoast warzone stream. He can quit boards for study, but not SF4.

Makes me feel better about bunking off a wedding this weekend to go to the casuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Was playing championship mode last night on PSN, randomly joined a room and I was looking at the name Hadoomken and I was like...who..how..where....aaaaaaahh its SDooM. I dunno if he instantly knew who I was either but we sent each other messages after so he did by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I won't be around anyway are you lot meeting up meeting up?

Should we just consider these meetups to be a weekly thing anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty much -- it seems Saturday 2-6pm suits most people best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll drop in...can't remember if I already posted for this week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

should be there. cya saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

well lads just got a PM from owwmykneecap on SRK. Joined the facebook group. So it looks like a weekly thing? Well I'm usually not free on a saturday, so I don't think I'll be able to attend the meets as much as I would like. I have no job atmo (total bs :@) and I am currently saving for something, so it's kind of slim pickings for me :P

But yeah, would really love to go every week, seems class. I can maybe go like once a month, not that it matters to anyone else but yeah, meeting up with other players offline should be sweet. And jars afterwards?:cool:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Awesome another player from Westmeath.

Azza wrote: »
    Awesome another player from Westmeath.

Sup!

You got XBL? or msn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

this time last year , it was only me and ramza, representing the 2d fighting crew, SF3 style. every one else is a newbie ;)

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    this time last year , it was only me and ramza, representing the 2d fighting crew, SF3 style. every one else is a newbie ;)

I don't know what people's atual experience is with fighters, but I assume a lot of people have been playing a long time beofre they got active here etc
    I've been playing SF2 since the genesis lol, 3rd Strike for like 4 years now, and SF4 since well, it came out

I used to hate how there was no real active scene (apart from NI)

but now its great to see there are so many people who play, really excited

Ramza wrote: »
    I have no job atmo (total bs :@) and I am currently saving for something, so it's kind of slim pickings for me :P

But yeah, would really love to go every week, seems class. I can maybe go like once a month, not that it matters to anyone else but yeah, meeting up with other players offline should be sweet. And jars afterwards?:cool:

It's only a fiver mate. Hardly break the bank. Even us poor plebs can afford it :D.

Travel from Meath is probably more of a problem though.

I live in Meath :p

I live in Westmeath, train up is like 12 euro I think. I can't afford to go once a week at the moment, I know its only like 20 quid rly, but I need all the money I can get atmo

Once a month or something is best I can do for myself atmo, sadly

Placebo wrote: »

Psssh this time last year t'was all about 2df :p I used to see the two of yous on mame/kaillera all the time before hand but when 2df came out t'was only me, kneecaps and 1 or two other irish lads representin'. Hell I was there as a green ken with the name Irish-Ken rofl (wasnt my idea it stemmed from a joke with a few lads online who's names I can't remember:o) You guys didn't seem to take to 2df, at least not right away.

That guy damdai really hit the nail on the head with 2DF, best thing to happen to 3s players in years imo, but funnily enough damdai hated 3s, and only played ST, which was better on ggpo. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not going to be there today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry I can't make it, incredibly hung over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

so did anyone go?

I meant to go, but I was also modding a stick for TheWitch, and it kept NOT WORKING.
    So now it works, but it took me an extra 2-3hrs to do.
    ... crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

me and Sdoom were there... thats it. i think i converted him to 360 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Anybody free for a few games tomorrow?

I was in bits hungover and didnt make it in, apologies lads! Would be up for a few games tomorrow alright hmuya.

Sorry lads, Was simply too tired to head in today. First one i've missed in ages too :(.

Next week! :D

I'll go, don't think I've anything scheduled.

If some people are heading in I might bring some sumo to the proceedings.

Not gonna make it in today either Im afraid!

I recovered from a couple of nights of bad insomnia by sleeping til ten to two today. Hopefully nobody ended up on their own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i was in galway, i think sunday might suit better some days

• Advertisement

I recovered from a couple of nights of bad insomnia by sleeping til ten to two today. Hopefully nobody ended up on their own!

I know how yea feel , i've terrible issues trying to get into a normal sleeping rhythm.

Advertisement