Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Placebo wrote: »
    where in town?
    i also in town

Im up by South circular road. It's convienant for everything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im on dame street

You should be at every XGC meet your 5 minutes away! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well I'm in Blanch but town is only a short drive or 39 bus away. Thursday nights are ideal for me (no footy worth watching on). So if people are up for it, let's fight!

Actually thursday night wouldn't be too bad for me. Although it couldn't be too late as thursday is Fibbers night.

So is anybody else for a session tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

bromance

haha, somebody's jealous! You're welcome to come up too as long as you don't leave after 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

HMUYA wrote: »
    Actually thursday night wouldn't be too bad for me. Although it couldn't be too late as thursday is Fibbers night.

So is anybody else for a session tomorrow?

I possibly could pop in for like an hour? on thursday!I just gotta know a time?
    Dont want the time cutting in on my Fibber's time! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd pop in tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I'd say we start about 4? and keep going until it's time to go to fibbers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Being a trinners student myself, having a meet up during the week would be very handy, especially since I have 4 hour gaps on Tuesdays and Wednesdays :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

animaX wrote: »
    hey man, you should give me a shout sometime. I live on campus and have a nice xbox setup (or 3rd strike on emulator)

Yeah that'd be cool although I still gotta learn to use a stick. As I said before we should join the game soc, they will no doubt be hosting some sort of sf4 event again this year.
    bromance

rofl.

Thursday is a interesting day for week day meet ups as how my timetable is currently, I'm off on Thursdays. I'm going to the 'freshers back to the future ball' tonight though so I dunno how I'll be for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm now a working Monday to Friday type of guy nowadays so I'll catch you dudes on Saturday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im not going this week if theres only 2 ppl,

girls> sf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Right then who's on for saturday?

A cali dude off SRK called martij is in town and looking for some action.
    I don't want the guy showing up to an empty xgc...

I probably won't be around myself, supposed to be going to galway but if any of you lot are in town show this guy how SF goes down in Ireland.
    (kinda mediocre for a few hours followed by pints.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah should be up for it here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I finally have a weekend free for the first time in weeks.

I will be there.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I'm going to the 'freshers back to the future ball' tonight though so I dunno how I'll be for tomorrow.

So that was you ****ers making noise last night?! Some of us were trying to sleep :D

Might call in for a while today, not sure yet, but I will defo be there on saturday from half 2

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

So do you guys wanna do Saturday or Sunday. I might be going up North for crazy sales but not sure what day yet. What would suit most of the peeps who are going?
    girls> sf

GTFO of my Street Fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Azza wrote: »
    Hey guys what do you say we try for a big casual event for 2 weeks time in preparation for the upcoming lanparty.ie SF IV tournament as well as perhaps Gaelcon's tournament on the same weekend.

Seems the last few weeks not too many have been going to casuals so would be nice to get a big number of attendees for a good casual session.

Bumping this as well btw. Whilst its great that there are casuals every week, its a double edged sword in that there's no need to plan ahead, and if at last minuteyou don't make this week, there's always next weekend.
    With real life, jobs, girlfriends etc tending to get in the way and stopping folks attending, Again the, "Ah sure there'll be another next week," factor

This prevents or have a big casual worth the long commute for the likes of Azza, owww and Lep.
    Look at the start of this thread, there was a degree of organisation, hype if you will. And pints afterwards too!

I'd be for having maybe 1 or 2 scheduled "Big casuals," a month, with their own thread to track. And have the weekly meets on the "off," weeks to for those who'd like to meet up, again with a seperate thread (like this one.)

This would allow to plan real life, book time off work, make a long journey around the big casuals, have some pints as well afterwards, and still have the weekly meets as well.

What say you? Get hype?
    If it makes sense to others we could change this thread title to "regular meets," or something similar and throw up another individual thread for each "big casual," eh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I second this motion. I preferred the big events every so often. I'm up to my nadgers in college work at the moment so a big meet up will give me an excuse to take a saturday off and head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I concur. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

A-Trak wrote: »
    stuff..

How about every 2nd (or preferably every 2nd and 4th) saturday of the month (as in starting next saturday) we have a ranking league for say €2 €3 or a pop and make a season of 6 or 8 meets out of it.

Have a small prize for best on the day and and then bigger prizes for the leagues top players of the season.

Then ever other saturday it can be assumed there will be some people knocking about for casual sessions, those who live in dublin etc.

Edit: if We make a league of 5 meets done once every 2 weeks starting next sat the final session would be on the 12th dec (or you could an extra session the next week on the 19th to finish up) and some peeps would get a nice chrimbo present.

And a second season could be started up in jan/feb.

Something along the lines of this:
    http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4956

What i mean by this is not be some huge tourney with €200 for the victor each week but a quick to run tourney that still leave plenty of time for casuals.
    Best of 3 single elim, or best of 1 double elim.
    like no group stages to keep it tight and quick.

Have it on two xboxes and you'd knock it out in no time (even with my button config)

As for the money, someone will have to keep onto it, and it would really have to be someone living in dublin, Chopper AnimaX and A trak all live in dublin and are trustworthy so i nominate them. ;)

anyway some ideas to stew over.
    Remember:its Cheap, quick, a side event to make a session more interesting

Yes, listen to the man. Give all your money to the guy from Tallaght for "safekeeping" :D

resurrectionx.jpg

See, I died for your sins!

Is that you chopper?!

Yep.

All natural halo effect too!

A Subway sandwich brings out my angelic side!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It would give me an actual reason for the 3 hour commute up and down. Great idea.

So two o'clock tomorrow then people?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I have tomorrow off for the first time in months, gonna try my best to be there, though I may just end up enjoying my sleep in >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 martij9

Looks like martij9 will not be able to play SFiv with Dublin. I could not change my flights without severe penalties. It would have cost 1000 euros for the SF session.

I will be in contact in the future tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

wtf 1k where are you the moon?!?!

I'll be in about 2/2:30

Advertisement