Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've heard of people cutting their thumbs playing Tekken.
    Was I just not playing hard enough if I never had this happen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

If you're using a stick in an arcade and a cigarette has melted the ball it tends to form a sharp circular scar which I have seen cutting someone playing a particularly intense game of SFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

because Tekken is a button masher :P

Btw lads, can everyone make sure to bring plenty of change because if there are more/less people, it'll get into decimal numbers for the split as I don't have much change myself :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

sorry cant make this...shame.

sorry cant make this...shame.

Pity. We'll kick the cack out of each other some other time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I will be about an hour late I am afraid. Partied a little too hard in anticipation last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Won't get their 'till about 3 myself.
    Still plenty of time to get battered though I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Same, slept in a little late and I'll be in around 3ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Not going to bother making any excuses, but i will definitely hit the next one (it does occur to me that this is about the 5th time i have said that) :D !

Great meet lads :). Will discuss on it later. Too wrecked after running to catch the bus. Just caught it :)

I had a read through the players list to mark who's paid and who hasn't and I found I made a mistake :(. I forgot to include myself :(. Really, really sorry lads so I owe each of you, it may not be much, but still, I owe each of you 40c so I'll pay €5 extra for the next meet. Really really sorry for my mistake lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Z0mg! He is stealingz oUr MoneYz!!111!! :p

I doubt anybody cares mate. Honest mistake. Besides, you went to the trouble of organising. Perks and all that :D

Enjoyed it myself. The difference in input lag from online to offline was shocking for me :eek:. Took me about an hour to re-adjust. Felt I played well though and enjoyed all my matches. Some of that yoga trickey was coming out there.

So.................... Whens the next one? :)

Thanks but there were no perks. All I did was suggest it, took names down of people going and gathered money. Hardly needs any effort.

Well, depending on some things, I'll see if I can host another in a couple weeks but not sure yet. Ofcourse, its not up to me as it would have to suit everyone else.

@Daftgeg: sorry for charging an extra 90c for you specifically. After you left, another guy came so the money was split again and worked out at €5 each, not €5.50 that I asked you for so sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Too wrecked after running to catch the bus. Just caught it :)

Haha, you left it pretty tight! Good job though, and don't worry about the money man it's only a couple of euro. Nobody is that skint that they would ask you for 50 cent back :P

Looking forward to the next one, nice to meet the people behind the usernames. Hopefully I'll get a chance to practice some SF4 somewhere but mainly I'll be third striking!

animaX wrote: »
    and don't worry about the money man it's only a couple of euro. Nobody is that skint that they would ask you for 50 cent back :P

Looking forward to the next one, nice to meet the people behind the usernames. Hopefully I'll get a chance to practice some SF4 somewhere but mainly I'll be third striking!

Yeah I know but just the principal behind it :)

third strike is the only way to go man. Only way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Yeah I know but just the principal behind it :)

You know, maybe you've accidentally stumbled upon a good way of organising these meets! The guy who organises everything doesn't have to pay. That will give some incentive to people to keep this going :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

exactly. Seems only fair to me. The hassle of having to collect money from everybody and working out the average etc, is worth a fiver imo.

Ok then, I'll settle for 2.50 for my effort and 2.50 for my calculator, hows that? :p

That was alot of fun.

My thumb is fncking KILLING me.

Lots of offline SFIV: awesome.
    Getting to show off my modded Saulabi: :D
    Pints afterwards: priceless!

GGs lads!

• Advertisement

Yeah no way would I begrudge you a fiver for organising the event Leprekaun. Solid matches with everybody I played with and pints afterwards was class!

edit: Though I do have to suggest Azza be de-modded as he's discriminatory against homosexual Zangiefs :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't have an issue with Zangief being actually gay or the homo's that play him....its the fact that he plays gay!

Let Azza's last post be exhibit A in the trial that gets him demodded.

(Seriously though, GGs Azza, next time I'll hopefully be up to your standard :pac:)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Speaking of gay or at the very least disturbing, here is that picture I promised you guys of Sakura clad Retr0gamer.

n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg

Warning looking at bove picture make cause severe vomitting!

You have seen it.....you can't unsee it!

Never let us speak of this again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

My eyes..............
    ........my beautiful eyes.............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should never have let that picture get on the intraweb :(

Anyway other than the leaked pics of me it was really good fun. Next time I'm going to aim to win at least one fight.

Just need to switch to a total wildcard character Retro, become an amazing Gen player or some crap out of nowhere :pac:

Play Dan!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If Dan was unlocked on the 360 consoles I would have beaten you all!

Advertisement