Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not when I'm playing Azza. I get a serious ass kicking from him in SF2.

I am enjoying SF3 a lot more though since there's loads of original characters in that game. SF4 seems to be SF2 with fancy graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not when I'm playing Azza. I get a serious ass kicking from him in SF2.

I am enjoying SF3 a lot more though since there's loads of original characters in that game. SF4 seems to be SF2 with fancy graphics.

SF4 is nothing like SF2, in fairness.

oh for the mega drive to be working and my Special Championship Edition (and the endless hours of practice, being a kid can deliver)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Has anyone else found that HDRemix/vanilla ST is just more FUN than IV?

I can see why some people think that, but it ultimately comes down to which character you use, and how you play the game. If you aren't having fun, you need to try somebody else out. Go for the antithesis of your character. So for me as sim, Rufus would be a good choice. If your a gief player, pick sim. etc. you will probably get a kick out of the polar opposite feeling.

Kirby wrote: »
    I can see why some people think that, but it ultimately comes down to which character you use, and how you play the game. If you aren't having fun, you need to try somebody else out.

I have always been a Ken whore, I admit that.
    I really need to try out more characters, would be better doing that against other people than the computer. I can whip the computer at hardest but struggle against real opponents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

One Hell of a cheaty game is HD remix, great though

What do you mean by cheaty?

edit: And Kirby, I disagree, I mess around with a variety of characters in both games, and I'd call ST/HDR a much better game overall. Different strokes for different folks of course, but just switching characters around doesn't change the game fundamentals, of which I prefer ST which rewards aggression a lot more, is faster paced, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SF4 is nothing like SF2, in fairness.

I meant by how similar the characters are. SF3 has a lot of characters with fighting styles not seen in any other fighting game while SF4 just has all the old characters back that play quite similarly to how they used to.

Dreddybajs wrote: »

edit: And Kirby, I disagree, I mess around with a variety of characters in both games, and I'd call ST/HDR a much better game overall. Different strokes for different folks of course, but just switching characters around doesn't change the game fundamentals, of which I prefer ST which rewards aggression a lot more, is faster paced, etc.

Difficulty spike is unnatural.
    Fight T-Hawk in the first fight and you can perfect him but fight him in 3rd and he becomes this super man.

In an arcade I can understand the spike but, at home wher eyou can set the difficulty, I can not understand it

I meant by how similar the characters are. SF3 has a lot of characters with fighting styles not seen in any other fighting game while SF4 just has all the old characters back that play quite similarly to how they used to.

I get ya now

Difficulty spike is unnatural.
    Fight T-Hawk in the first fight and you can perfect him but fight him in 3rd and he becomes this super man.

In an arcade I can understand the spike but, at home wher eyou can set the difficulty, I can not understand it

Ah, right. Well, stop playing SF games on single player is the answer! :pac:

Ah, right. Well, stop playing SF games on single player is the answer! :pac:

I like SF in single player!
    It is what gets me hammered in multi player, AI weaknesses are not the weaknesses of real people

• Advertisement

Championship edition and SSF2 are really the only playable ones in single player. SSF2T on single player is a joke, even the pros have serious trouble with the cheating AI.

Championship edition and SSF2 are really the only playable ones in single player. SSF2T on single player is a joke, even the pros have serious trouble with the cheating AI.

I loved Championship Edition and SSF2. SSFTT is too hard and SF4 is generally too easy.

Is there a slot open for a newb on Sunday?

Of course, the more the merrier!

A newbie? I might actually win a match then!

A newbie? I might actually win a match then!

Here comes a new challenger???!!
    See ya all Sunday so

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

We really have to get some games of ST/HDR in,next time I see you on I'm gonna invite you.

Kiki,do you play ST on ggpo or 2df?

Yeah blag definitely, should be on this evening if you're up for it then - finally got my Gold back!

Is there anyway though of getting XBLA games on to the 360's or PS3's? I'd love a few games of the SNK games with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Is there anyway though of getting XBLA games on to the 360's or PS3's? I'd love a few games of the SNK games with people.

You could recover your gamertag and download them again there,seems to be the only way.

Or someone brings a laptop and we play on emulator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So is there a meet up on tomorrow then?

If so, what time and will there be scoops afterwards?

I'll finally be free to get to one of these.

Will have to borrow a stick though as I've no PS3 or 360 myself.

It's free wins for anyone who plays me as I've not played SF IV yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yup meet-up tomorrow.

XGC a few of us will be there from about two so any time after that.
    Scoops after is a certainty as far I'm concerned - can't speak for everytime.

There'll be plenty of sticks floating around so no worries there.

Cool.

Anyone fancy some pre-scoops in Pravda beforehand for an hour or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ill be heading into XGC at around 2 aswell. hope to see you guys there.

Don't think Pravda is open on Sundays anymore chopper, they've heavily reduced their opening hours sadly.

Will be there from around 2 and definitely up for a few scoops after!

A crying shame if it's not open at that time.

I assume Eamon Dorans will be though!

Yep, Dorans is where we went last time, even though it's a hole. :pac:

Yep, Dorans is where we went last time, even though it's a hole. :pac:

Toilets are a bit manky and pints aren't always great, but there are lots of far, far worse pubs than Dorans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Should be in around 3ish.
    Leprakaun dpesn't look like he's going, does everyone agree to split the cost of renting the machines equally? (No matter what time we all turn uop at.)

• Advertisement

Yep, that's grand by me, tis what we did last week!

And true chopper, at least we won't be going to Fibbers. :pac:

Advertisement