Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to see serious cars???

• 11-06-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

basically wanted to find somewhere to go look at fab cars , ferraris etc. tried to go by des cullen before, but then realised ya cant see into the showroom from the road and can only get in by appointment.... anyone know of anywhere else to be able to just drive by and see?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

im pretty sure that you can only get in to the show rooms by appointment so they can keep people(people who are not actually going to buy anything) like you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Try Richford motor company. They usually have some nice cars. http://www.richford.ie/home.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Dean09 wrote: »
    Try Richford motor company. They usually have some nice cars. http://www.richford.ie/home.php

thanks , does this place have the cars somewhere you can see from the outside or are they like ASS has pointed out, hidden away so that people like me cant see!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

As far as I know you can just walk in and have a look around. Just dont drool on the cars! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Des Cullen's keep their cars in the carpark below their offices - if you want to go and see the cars you can just pop into the carpark and check them out.

• Advertisement

-Chris- wrote: »
    Des Cullen's keep their cars in the carpark below their offices - if you want to go and see the cars you can just pop into the carpark and check them out.

can you really just go down to the car park? i drove by a while ago and couldnt really see where the car park entrance was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Keep an eye out for owner track days in mondello. Free admission and some pics of my first visit here
    Or take a tip to spain like steve06 did recently where seem some sweet machines:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Definately pop out to Sports & Classic, all the exotics are stored in a big warehouse which (and I'm 99% sure about this) is open to people to have a look around.

Their stock usually looks a little something like this.

Failing that, stroll along Shrewsbury Road/Fitzwilliam Square/Leeson St.

Keep an eye out for owner track days in mondello. Free admission and some pics of my first visit here
    Or take a tip to spain like steve06 did recently where seem some sweet machines:D

oh great tip thanks :) is there anywhere in particular that would announce these owner track days, or should i just keep an eye on this board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

oh great tip thanks :) is there anywhere in particular that would announce these owner track days, or should i just keep an eye on this board?
    Mondello.ie!

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    Definately pop out to Sports & Classic, all the exotics are stored in a big warehouse which (and I'm 99% sure about this) is open to people to have a look around.

Their stock usually looks a little something like this.

Failing that, stroll along Shrewsbury Road/Fitzwilliam Square/Leeson St.

great thanks :)

Mondello.ie!

lol :o thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

can you really just go down to the car park? i drove by a while ago and couldnt really see where the car park entrance was?

AFAIK

Enterance is on the side, opposite the Londis.

-Chris- wrote: »
    AFAIK

Enterance is on the side, opposite the Londis.

hmm i wonder if theres a security guy on the entrance?

i might check that out so thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Just say you're going into the Beacon Hotel, it's the same car park. AFAIK you can just drive in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ksimpson wrote: »
    Just say you're going into the Beacon Hotel, it's the same car park. AFAIK you can just drive in.

+1

I stayed in the Beacon Hotel a few times on business and there are some very nice motors in the multi-storey car park. No special entry restrictions I could see other than you needed your room key card to use the lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

As stated already:

Des Cullens
    Richford Motors
    Sports & Classic

And also Gilson Motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's kind of it really and RE. Des Cullens - just park the car at londis and walk into the top floor of the carpark and there'll be a few on the right hand side. The carpark is shared between the hospital and hotel so it's public.

Maybe Kelly's car centre, but they're not in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

steve06 wrote: »
    That's kind of it really and RE. Des Cullens - just park the car at londis and walk into the top floor of the carpark and there'll be a few on the right hand side. The carpark is shared between the hospital and hotel so it's public.

Maybe Kelly's car centre, but they're not in Dublin

Only a hand few left in stock here anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Does this not sound like a bit of an odd situation? Thats alot of effort being put in just to see a Ferrari. They're nothing that special.

Gone in 60 seconds anyone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Does this not sound like a bit of an odd situation? Thats alot of effort being put in just to see a Ferrari. They're nothing that special.

Gone in 60 seconds anyone? :pac:
    I was thinking the same... it's an odd request to post on a forum. If he wanted to see where the cars are he can just look on carzone to see where is selling them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

erm you can see loads of serious cars here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Oh right I was going to say "Waterloo Rd" :D but I guess he wants to see them in garages.

*One month later*
    Irish Independent - Dublin Gang Steals 20 Serious Sports Cars Overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Kellys car centre in Wicklow has plenty of exotica in the showroom.

steve06 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same... it's an odd request to post on a forum. If he wanted to see where the cars are he can just look on carzone to see where is selling them!

funny that you would think i am a guy considering my username....

Advertisement