Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Please

Options
  • 11-06-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm looking for a restaurant to take my sis to to celebrate her graduation from college. She would have been to a good few restaurants in Dublin so I'm looking for something really special - great food/ambience/setting etc. Preferably high end/expensive. Something to really wow her.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

Locks Restaurant at Portobello, by the Canal.
    Great food, lovely spot.
    May have to take out mortgage if you spend the evening there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Locks in Portobello- great food, and wine list is superb. Pricey but worth it for a special occasion.
    Eden in Templebar- very good selection. Excellent duck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud is worth considering. As well as the fabulous food it's Ireland's only Michelin 2* restaurant, very nice spot, very expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

Chapter One off parrnell sq is lovely for a special occassion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

markw999 wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm looking for a restaurant to take my sis to to celebrate her graduation from college. She would have been to a good few restaurants in Dublin so I'm looking for something really special - great food/ambience/setting etc. Preferably high end/expensive. Something to really wow her.

Any suggestions?

Lunch in some of the above mentioned restaurants works out a bit more reasonable and might be a runner. Pat Guilbauds is well worth the experience and is good for a special occassion like this.

L'ecrivan is also very good. I have not yet been there but I have heard that the Lobstar Pot in Ballsbridge is one of the hidden gems...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

shezza wrote: »
    Chapter One off parrnell sq is lovely for a special occassion
    I agree. I forgot about this one.
    Classy place. Won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I agree. I forgot about this one.
    Classy place. Won't be disappointed.

Chapter One is our pick for that 'special' dinner too. It's definitely our favourite.

Advertisement