Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Game fishing in the Midlands

• 11-06-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm based here in Co. Longford and was hoping someone could recommend a fairly local spot (Roscommon, Cavan, Westmeath Leitrim) for fly fishing. Everywhere I know of is mainly course fishing, the only few places that come to mind are the big lakes (Sheelin, Owel, Ennel) and I found these are not great without a boat.. ideally I'd be looking for a small lake or river.

If anyone could even point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Ciaran

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You could try Pallas.
    There are "put and take" small rainbow lakes at Rathvilla, Edenderry, and Laois Angling Centre, and beside Ennell (ask at the Mullingar tackle shop).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Hi Ciaran, Try White Lake between Oldcastle and Fore. You can arrange to rent a small rowboat from "the 7 Wonders" pub in Fore.
    Engines are neither allowed nor needed on this beautiful small lake.
    I would not recommend you to fish the shore as there is a marl bottom in places. Very dangerous! Tight lines!

Advertisement