Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trailers up North?

• 11-06-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for where to go for used ifor williams/nugent trailers up North?

Has anyone gone this route of buying a trailer up North? What im after is a general purpose 8x4 or 10x6 at a push. I am loath to buy here because some of the prices i have come across so far are a bit unrealistic i think.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions of where to go i would be much obliged.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

Mc Cullagh Machinery is popular for trailers .They deliver all over 32 counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes, the big killer here is the fact that they charge VAT on trailers here.
    AFAIK they don't in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Wilsons Auctions in Dublin on the Nass Road had a good few trailers going for a song last time I was there, could save ya a trip up north maybe. They'd Ifor Williams & Brian James aplenty.

Just spend an hour with a greese gun & some new bulbs when ya get it home, hey-presto, new trailer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

J B <

Try McKee trailers in Auchnacloy co Tyrone, he's an elderly man that sells secondhand pro-fit ivor williams and chieftan trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭trackcar

i think Nugent also sells used trailers

• Advertisement
Advertisement