Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need voice over, text over lay, and pause part of avi for longer.

Options
  • 11-06-2009 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This is wrecking my head..

I have a short avi of an animation I did in sketch up pro that I want to:

Add a voice over to it
    Add text to it so I can caption different items during the movie
    and I need to pause certain parts of the animation for longer to talk about it.

Does anyone know of a simple to use software package that I can do all of these things. I tried to use CyberLink PowerDirector but I think its bloody awful and I cant seem to do anything I want in it.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Try Corel VideoStudio X2. theres a fully functional 30 day trial on the corel site.
    What you are looking to do is quite straight forward so should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

Pinnacle Studio is pretty handy for that, easy to use and user friendly.

Or, if you don't want to spend any money on software, you can just go with Windows Movie Maker? It has an extra layer for audio and a layer for captions/text, which is what you need by the sounds of it.

Only limitation with Win Movie Maker is, as far as I remember, it only has one layer for your video with audio and one layer for extra audio, so if you need 3 audio layers then you'll need to choose another program, if not stick with Win Movie Maker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Thanks lads!

Im trying out the Coral one there.. can anyone tell me how extend a part of the video longer in this program?

In the annimation there is a still for a couple of sections.. I simply want to extend that still for a longer duration.

How do I do this in the Coral program?

Or in the Windows Movie maker..

How do i get Windows movie maker?

It says it came with SP2.. but its not on my xp :/

Sorry never mind my ranting.. ive got it.

Thanks for your help!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

-ADREN- wrote: »
    Thanks lads!

Im trying out the Coral one there.. can anyone tell me how extend a part of the video longer in this program?

In the annimation there is a still for a couple of sections.. I simply want to extend that still for a longer duration.

How do I do this in the Coral program?

Or in the Windows Movie maker..

Not sure about Coral but in WinMM underneath your preview screen (where you watch the video) there is a little icon of a camera "Take Picture".
    Find the point in your timeline where you want to hold your image, press on the "take picture" icon, save it, then drag it to your timeline.
    You can adjust how long you want that picture to last by trimming the clip/image

Advertisement