Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that song???

Options
  • 11-06-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

This is a very vague question to which I'm sure no one will know the answer cause I have some little info, there's a country type song I keep hearing snippets of on the radio but never catch who sings it, it sounds like an older man singing and has a country feel, really good though, just him and guitar really but great tune...sorry this is so lame!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That's defoe Willie Nelson , yup I knew straight away . ;)

Seriously one old guy with a guitar ,how many old ( or older ) guys released a country song with a guitar ? .....thousends ?

Will be only glad to assist OP , should more info emerge .

This file is not closed yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I know its so lame but it's driving me and my OH mad and we turned to the almighty wealth of knowledge here on boards! I can hum it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well....strangly enough .......;)

Back a few years ago , I needed to know a piece of classical music but although I new the tune ,didn't know the title of song .So I went into the classical section of HMV, explained to the assistant and he asked me to hum or whistle the tune ,which I did .

Lo and behold he knew it and had it on cd .So there is hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Is it Paulo Nutini - Candy ?
    Off his new album
    Strange sounding voice, when you hear the song you wonder should I like this as your half afraid it could be wee Daniel or someone like that doin an experimental (in their world) number :D

Thats it!!!!!!!!!:D

Thank you so much!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Ah it's been answered already. When I clicked on this and you said you thought it was an 'old man' I instantly thought Paolo Nutini. Yeah, he sounds like he's got false teeth or summat. I quite like Candy and I think the other one I like is called Coming Up Easy...

He really does sound like an old man! Thanks to you both though we can listen to it on youtube now! Great song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Oh blush, no don't thank me, I only popped up afterwards. I just caught his performance on Jools Holland a few weeks ago and thought he was quite impressive. Maybe check out that performance (if you haven't already :))

Advertisement