Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTENTION ALL HEADING TO, OR ALREADY IN, CANADA!!

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Regarding the work situation:

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to drop a quick line as there seems to be a lot of bitterness/shock or something about the job-situation here in Canada.

Yes, it is taking most people a while to find jobs. But they ARE finding them.

Of course I can only speak regarding Vancouver, as that's where I am, but when I arrived in April, it had taken most people about 1 month to find work. For me, I have been here for 2 months but only started looking about 6/7 weeks ago. It was very frustrating but I now have 2 part-time jobs, with space for a 3rd, which I'm hoping I will know about in the next few weeks.

Over the last couple of weeks a LOT more people are arriving, so the competition for jobs is going to get worse - so be prepared!!!

But I think the one thing that anyone coming over - and those of you that are already here and frustrated - has to remember, is that it is a Working HOLIDAY Visa. If you are coming with the intention of making your fortune, you will be disappointed!

If you come with the intention of experiencing a new country, meeting new people, travelling, and having an amazing time, while making a few quid along the way to keep the moths out of your purse, then that is exactly what you'll do!:D

Best of luck all, if you're in, or coming to, Van drop me a line if you've any q's

Caroline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

As a nation of immigrants is canada more welcoming than Brazil? Brazilians seems the most 'proud' of being from a nation of such diversity, northern Americans seem to think they own the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

As a nation of immigrants is canada more welcoming than Brazil? Brazilians seems the most 'proud' of being from a nation of such diversity, northern Americans seem to think they own the place.
    :confused: I have no idea what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

How strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 golucky

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving to Canada.

Do you know is it hard to get a visa from Ireland if you want to go there full time? I tried their website, but it's ver complicated.

Also, is it hard to get the working holiday visa for a year? And can you stay for more than a year once you are over there?

Advertisement