Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackrock Diving Boards - C&C

• 11-06-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Haven't been around the forum for a good few weeks. Here's a C&C offering to get me back into it!

Thanks

Copy_2_of_blackrock2_1.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Nice light and the sky is good. I like the gate open as well onto the boards.

I think a portrait shot would have suited this better and maybe shoot from a little lower down as the water seems very far away, if you know what I mean!! Still like it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

One of the best shots for me in last few weeks - does not look (over) processed. No offence to other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Ballyman wrote: »
    I think a portrait shot would have suited this better and maybe shoot from a little lower down as the water seems very far away, if you know what I mean!! Still like it though!

Thanks for the feedback Ballyman! Not sure how a portrait shot would work? Unless a diver jumping off... but then I'd loose the symmetry, which I think's very important in this shot.
    ThOnda wrote: »
    One of the best shots for me in last few weeks - does not look (over) processed. No offence to other posters.

Wow thanks Thonda! Actually thought you were being sarcastic at first, but I'll take it as genuine! ;)

(Not over processed? It was a macro shot of a flower when I started....:rolleyes::P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Great shot - there was an exhibition of shots of the baths in starbucks - but yours is wondefull

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very nice shot, B&W suits in down to the ground.

Would like to see a portrait version of it too as I think it would leed the eye more into the main part of the shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Great shot. lovely dark, storm is coming feeling. Great mood in the photo. Agree with Thonda. Best I have seen in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I agree mostly with the above comments. Smashing image, the sky is really moody. I think this is what Ballyman meant by portait

3619299750_8fdc0f7606_o.jpg

I think the overall image would have been much stronger if you were closer to the ground, level with the railings...

thebaz wrote: »
    Great shot - there was an exhibition of shots of the baths in starbucks - but yours is wondefull

Thanks. The baths? This shot if from Salthill, Co. Galway...
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Very nice shot, B&W suits in down to the ground.

Would like to see a portrait version of it too as I think it would leed the eye more into the main part of the shot

Thanks Cabaal, cambo_gueno has shown me now what you all mean by portrait! Personally, I still prefer the landscape(?) version, but photography would be boring if we all liked the same thing!
    Balfey1972 wrote: »
    Great shot. lovely dark, storm is coming feeling. Great mood in the photo. Agree with Thonda. Best I have seen in a while.
    I think the overall image would have been much stronger if you were closer to the ground, level with the railings...

I'll be out again soon so will give that a shot to see how the angles of the lines work, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

gary82 wrote: »
    Thanks. The baths? This shot if from Salthill, Co. Galway...

ah crap, I too thought it was Blackrock in Dublin...was going to pay a visit over the weekend as I'd never seen this before... :pac:

You'd have been looking for a while! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

ah crap, I too thought it was Blackrock in Dublin...was going to pay a visit over the weekend as I'd never seen this before... :pac:

Me too! Great shot & processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Great pic, very athmospheric, the way the light is shimmering on the sea. I prefer the original, not a portrait version for this reason. Was it taken with a bridge camera ?

Was it taken with a bridge camera ?

It was yeah, taken with a Fuji s6500fd .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

The panel competition at DCC a few weeks ago had a series of shots of dun laoire baths that were really amazing. And a small hop over a fence was all that was needed apparently... shhh....

@OP - stunning shot. I agree with the angle though - worth a reshoot at least to see! :)

Advertisement