Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entry requirements for the Reserves

• 11-06-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

How strict are the entry criteria (ie leaving cert results - do you really need a 2nd langauge?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭michealc_87

How strict are the entry criteria (ie leaving cert results - do you really need a 2nd langauge?)

Hey Ger the man,

I had no prob with not having a second language not a word about it.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

English and Irish can be your 2 languages. Or if you dont have Irish then French or German with English is fine but you do need to have 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Might as well forget about it so.. I failed maths in the leaving and never did a 2nd language either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

You could repeat maths and do a language for the leaving if you really want it, might be a lot of work though. But since recruitment is on hold, this could be a good time to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion but Im not that desperate to get in. Been out of work 2 months and thought it would be a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Thanks for the suggestion but Im not that desperate to get in. Been out of work 2 months and thought it would be a good idea.

I can never understand this mentality.

Sure, i've no work/dont like what I do at the moment/couldnt be bothered going to college......I know i'll join the Gardaí. There are hundreds like this that apply and get places every year and people who really really want to join cant get in or get turned away at the interview stage. If your not interested in the career I cannot understand why you would ask about entry requirements.

Dont take this as a personal insult, its not meant to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

well said nice guy always couldnt have put it better myself :D:D

I can never understand this mentality.

Sure, i've no work/dont like what I do at the moment/couldnt be bothered going to college......I know i'll join the Gardaí. There are hundreds like this that apply and get places every year and people who really really want to join cant get in or get turned away at the interview stage. If your not interested in the career I cannot understand why you would ask about entry requirements.

Dont take this as a personal insult, its not meant to be.

I was talking about the reserves

Advertisement