Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing in Cork.

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Looking to get a piercing in Cork. Are there age restrictions in all the places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It really depends on what kind of piercing you are looking for.
    Unless it's a simple lobe piercing, then yes, anywhere decent will impose age restrictions.

Anywhere that does not is really not somewhere that you should trust with something like sticking a needle through part of your body!!!

I'm guessing from the fact that you had to ask that you're quite young?
    What is it you want done, and what age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Thanks for the reply.

I'm 14 and looking to get my eyebrow pierced.
    How do they enforce the restriction?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Everywhere in Cork for eyebrow is 16 +, if you look underage you will be asked for I.D.

So I need written permission from a parent? Or do they have to go there with me?

Just hold off till you're 16. Parental consent won't be accepted. What will you do with the piercing when school starts back in September? It won't be healed enough to take it out and put it in again.

• Advertisement

Most in my school who have it done just leave the bar in without putting anything on the it. Doesn't seem to be a problem. I see what you're saying but not really the kinda reply I hoped for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I see what you're saying but not really the kinda reply I hoped for.

If you were looking for people to lie and tell you "No, there aren't age restrictions!" you could have just specified that and people wouldn't have had to waste their time helping you.

No.

She gave her opinion on the matter which was fine. But in my post previous to hers, I asked how the piercing places enforce their restrictions. Her post did not answer my question, which is why my last post said what it did.

Does that solve the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well from what I can see:

You asked if written permission or a parent present would be okay.

Léan said no, parental consent is not accepted.

How does that not answer your question?

Thanks Gauge.

Look, i'll make this as clear as I can.

No parlor will pierce you if you're underage.
    • They will still not pierce you if you come in with your parents signature.
    • They will still not pierce you if you come in with your parent kicking and screaming.
    • They will still not pierce you if you pretend you are 16 and have no I.D. to back that up.
    • If you were 16 with proof of I.D. there would not be a problem, but since you are underage the studio will keep asking you for proof of age or to go home.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement