Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper Hill Information Request

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello again Outdoor Pursuits section,

Following my recent thread about Galtymore - Thank you. I crawled up Galtymore and the other stupid mountain in front of it before being blown and rained out of it last Saturday.

We are off up Carrauntohill again on the 4th July BUT I am heading up Keeper hill a few times before then for training/exercise.

Any information on Keeper Hill, how to get there, different ways up would be helpful. I do try Google but the information is not very helpful.

Although I do live in Newport and can see it from my house I do not know how to get there/best way to get there.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

The closest carpark is at the intersection here:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.737604,-8.323946&spn=0.00712,0.016565&z=16

Just follow the red arrows from the carpark and it will bring you to the top,the path is fairly easy though,I usually cycle to the top so that will give you an idea of the terrain.It's a good walk for getting the fitness levels up though,17km or so from the carpark to the top and back.As for different routes,there is another way up around the back but I don't think there's any carpark that side.

Advertisement