Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmongers/Restaurant recommendation

Options
  • 11-06-2009 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Heading up to Donegal in a couple of weeks to Teelin and just wondering if anyone could recommend a fishmongers? I figure Donegal = amazing fresh fish and I would love to pick up something nice to cook over the weekend. We'll be going through Donegal Town and Killybegs along the way (and I'd have no objections to a bit of a drive if I could find somewhere with amazing fish)

I also wouldn't mind at all sneakily surprising my boyfriend (whilst making myself look like a genius) with a nice lunch or dinner out while we're up if anyone has any recommendations for a restaurant around Teelin/Carrick/Killybegs/Donegal town/ish. I love fresh seasonal food, fish, steaks, well done thai/indian/italian/spanish/pretty much any food so long as it's well prepared, anything along those lines would be rocking!

Sorry for all the questions, if anyone needs similar info about Maynooth/Dublin 8 I'd be more than happy to reciprocate ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

In Donegal Town, you have 'The Harbour',really good eating house good steaks, pizza,a bit of everthing..
    The Olde Castle Bar is going quite well and seems to be good for fish..
    La Bella Donna is a good Italian..

There is a new place open in Bundoran I cant think of the name but it is quite good..

Kitty kellys between Kilcar and killybegs is good has fish..

there is a fish monger in donegal town at weekends he can be found in the back carpark behind SUBWAY..

for good fish and chips Baskins in Dunkineely and Mellys in Killybegs are 'Da Bomb'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

fishmonger on the pier in killybegs (think its the same guy as in donegal town)
    as to restaurants pretty much covered there loanshark

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kyles09

Atlantic Fresh Seafoods fishmongers open in:
    Donegal Town (Diamond Centre Car Park): Tues, Thurs, Fri & Sat. Soon to be opening Mon & Wed.
    Killybegs Pier Head: Open Monday to Saturday
    Letterkenny Thurs & Friday outside the old Dunnes Stores
    There are also house runs done in Teelin, Kilcar, Glencolmcille area on Wednesdays. Call 0872396152 if you would like to place a delivery order or arrange something special in advance & your every need will be catered for.

Advertisement