Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wilton (Cork) test waiting times

• 11-06-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I applied in the first couple of days of April got the usual letter back dated April 6th to say I would get a letter to notify me 4 to 5 weeks prior to my test date. According to the RSA website the average waiting time for Wilton is only 8 weeks :rolleyes: So if my test date is going to be 4-5 weeks away from this still to arrive letter then that's some 8 weeks... Reading other threads there seems little point in contacting the RSA to see if there has been a problem.

Just curious has anyone on here been given a test date lately for Wilton and how long were you waiting for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ok, i had the same problem with a different centre,you should ring them asap with your driver number or email them and mark it urgent.

The thing is, they never asked for my driver number when i applied and now they need them to process applications. I found them very helpful when i emailed them.

I can't believe they didn't contact me though to ask for my driver number and i was waiting around for ages. They booked me in for next week but it's within the 6month waiting period so now i'll probably have to wait another few months:rolleyes:

I'm not too bothered cos one week's notice was a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

Yeah I know that Donegalfella but do the maths here :) April + May and now it's half way through June and still no sign of the the letter to tell me it is 4 to 5 weeks away. What is their definition of "average", as I said that's some 8 weeks ;)

Me thinks it's time to renew SGS's contract :D :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

Yeah or a letter telling me my test was last week ;):rolleyes::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Still no sound from them :rolleyes::mad: Anyone on here get a date in Wilton lately n if so how long was your wait?

Just rang 096 78285 now and all I got was "you have reached the mail box of "....... """Gillian""" (I think she said she didn't sound too excited lol) :(

Yippee got through to the RSA on the phone :D

Rang 096 25000 asked for the driver testing section and got put through but was on hold listening to a recording of endless drivel of a cop breathalyse me then arrest me.... and about driver fatigue all with some sort of static and white noise along with it.. oh and some self praise about having waiting times down nationwide to LESS than 10 weeks... and for all of 23 minutes eek.gif

Got a result in the end though :)

Got on to a woman named "Kathleen" who asked me for "my reference number" which I gave her! No that's not a reference number she said.. Oh but it is I said, it says here on my letter from you "Reference number blah blah blah" and please quote above ref number in all correspondence :rolleyes: No it's not she said.... So I said to myself here we ******* go now! She wasted another minute or 2 more telling me that my ref no. was not in fact a ref no.. finally she said, what's your name n D.O.B this one she could not argue the toss over :) in 10 seconds she said "Ohh we just processed that in the past hour (funny it was 23 minutes after lunch hour she answered the phone :pac:) you got a date in Wilton in early August and will have a letter to notify you in a couple of days" :D She was helpful enough though and sounded p...ed off with the system too!

So Cork's average waiting time is 8 weeks, nationwide waiting time is now less than 10 weeks and I got mine in extra quick time of just over 17 weeks :pac::pac::pac::pac::rolleyes: you just have to laugh at it all :)

Well at least I know the story now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RSA ADI MARK

hi sunjammer good luck with the test,if you take lessons make sure they are rsa adis instructors :)

Thanks Mark!

Have a friend who's an ADI must get a couple of pre tests from him to be on the safe side ;)

Advertisement