Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a plasticy Desk.

Options
  • 11-06-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I have a plasticy desk, an old computer desk from an office. Its a very dull colour and really doesn't fit into my room so I was thinking about painting it. I don't want to change the desk for a new one as it fits perfectly into the space I have.

Am I mad to paint it or will it work? Is there a special type of paint I should use? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Are you mad probably only you can answer that but if you decided to paint it strip it apart as much as possible, There is also a product called "Makes paint stick" I am sure there is many varients as well but if you paint it on first it will do as it says ie help the paint stick.

When your finished painting it I would spray it with a clear varnish just to strengthen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Are you mad probably only you can answer that but if you decided to paint it strip it apart as much as possible, There is also a product called "Makes paint stick" I am sure there is many varients as well but if you paint it on first it will do as it says ie help the paint stick.

When your finished painting it I would spray it with a clear varnish just to strengthen it.

Maybe I will leave it. It may just look worse and stick out even more if I paint it!

Advertisement