Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burt's Bees Shampoo

• 11-06-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the Burt's Bees range today, never realised they made shampoo/conditioner, all i've ever used it their lip balms etc..
    I was intriguied by their 'Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy ' shampoo and conditioner.
    It smelled yum! But at €12 a bottle i'm wondering is it worth it? It has no Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate which is supposed to be really harsh on hair so apparently it doesn't lather well.

Has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

Yeah its very good. It lasts for ages and I liked it a lot. Must buy another bottle actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Sort of off-topic, but it may be relevant:

Just in case Burt's Bees environmental/independent credentials are a factor in your decision to buy the company's products, it may be relevant to know that they were bought by Clorox in 2007.

This is not to say that Clorox are inherently evil or anything, but a number of commentators have suggested that the acquisition could be viewed as simply a greenwashing exercise for Clorox.

I'm inclined to believe that Clorox are using it as one way to get into the greenliving market as growth rates and future opportunities in this market are much greater than in their traditional CPG space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

If you switch to a SLS free shampoo make sure you use a silicone free conditioner otherwise you'll get a mad build up of silicone in your hair.
    I haven't used the Burts Bees liquid shampoo, only the bar which is nice but I wouldn't reccommend it for long or curly hair because brushing afterwards is a nightmare. I've used their conditioner too, the raspberry one that smells amazing, and it was really good.

Advertisement