Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinion on CANOn promotion -free classes

• 12-06-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a canon 450d last week and arrnaged the voucher for the free morning of classes

As i would have to travel and stay overnight in Dublin i just wondered if any one had attended these classes, or others run by the same folk, and what their opinion would be - i.e. would it be work the effort getting up there etc

I've not used a dslr before , though had an old practica slr eons ago

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Classes are great I think if you are totally clueless. I'd say google the hell out of your camera, youtube some videos on it and there is absolutely no substitute for going out and taking 1000 photos and learning things the hard way. Classes won't ever give you experience with a camera in front of your eye. Every photo you take tyou learn something new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea google would be your best free answer to absolutely everything you want to know.. Im going to college this year really only becuase I would like to pursue a career in photography so I reckon my odds are better with some sort of degree behind me.. Then again it depends on who you know! Theres plenty of pro photographers who never did any school/college and are very well known..

Hmm maybe a thread with people adding links to free video lessons online and such? Ive got a few places bookmarked that I usually go to if I want to learn something new!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

If its the classes I think it is then they are pretty cool and will help give you the kick start you need to understanding the functions and features of the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If it's your first SLR, then I believe that these classes are actually brilliant and worthwhile. They give you a very good basic introduction to the functions of your new camera.

I believe the training is with DigitalBeginners (Institute of Photography now), and they are very good at the training. Dave posts here from time to time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got a similar set of classes when I purchased my Nikon. I did find it useful - though not amazingly enlightening. But good value for a free class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement