Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah but CL will have to claim them too which leaves the same result :p

Not race fit, missing my kick, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

Week 1 mileage|71.1|7/7 days
    Week 2 mileage| 67.3| 6/7 days

Decent week considering I missed a day but better to miss one than push on and miss a few days when training fully gets going coupled with the fact there was a good bit of supplementary work in there as well (though I may take a bit of a sabbatical from plyo's for a week or two as a precaution)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the pacing job yesterday, you were in flying form. It was a bit of a novely having the marathon run in the opposite direction to the kilomarathon in the last couple of k's

Monday 4.2 miles recovery (9.04 mile pace)

Calves were fairly tender today and as a result the achilles was a little achy but to be honest it was grand as Mondays are recovery day so perfect chance to loosen them out. Got better as I went on though they are still a good bit tighter than I would like so will have to get them massaged out this week to shake niggle fully but yesterday proves that it is just a little tightness and tends to loosen out after a few miles regardless of pace so just stretch it thoroughly and train through and stop being a hypochondriac (I guess its true what they say about ignorance being bliss as I think the sports therapist in me has me a bit overcautious at the moment)

Tuesday AM 5 miles easy (7.10 mile pace)

Nothing too eventful on this warm though great to have such decent weather on an October morning run. Really making me cringe at the thought of the weather turning come my proper Marathon training through the winter :(

Calf not too bad today and loosened out a good bit so it seems to be good to continue on with training

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

CL Chicked Club Members List 2013

digdig
    Non-Running King
    Meno'froth
    Projectilecoli

:(

digger2d2 wrote: »
    CL Chicked Club Members List 2013

digdig
    Non-Running King
    Meno'froth
    Projectilecoli

:(

At this rate she will be changing that log title to 2014: Eat my dust Kipsang :D

Wednesday AM 6 miles easy (7.28 mile pace)
    Wednesday PM 6.5 miles easy (7.18 mile pace)

Little stuck for time here so just two short runs. Felt absolutely great on the second run and just felt fairly easy

Thursday Afternoon 5.2 miles easy (7 min mile pace)
    Thursday night 8 miles w/ 1 mile hard (7.08/5.48 mile pace)

Stark contrast between these runs. First one felt cruising and was effortless, second one was a slog and never really got the legs going but in fairness while the first one was done in the (albeit chill) sunshine, the second was a (what are becoming more and more frequent) stupid o clock runs and came at the end of a pretty full day with 9 hour work shift, two massages and a coaching session. Not too worried about the hard mile pace being slow though as was done on effort and wasn't gonna force it.

Some well earned sleepy time now :D

Aimman wrote: »
    Well done on the pacing job yesterday, you were in flying form. It was a bit of a novely having the marathon run in the opposite direction to the kilomarathon in the last couple of k's

It truly is an honour to get praise from a man who was laughing his way to hacking over 20 min off the WR.

Fair play man:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

ecoli wrote: »
    Sunday2 miles warm up, 16.2 miles steady (6.46 mile pace)

Down to Kilcock this morning for pacing duties. Happy enough with this as it was a solid session and hit the splits needed in all bar one mile (a doozy of an uphill) and got into a nice rhythm around the 7 mile mark. Came the last 2 mile and the pacee decided they wanted to push on so end up having to up my own game just to stay in touch

Mile Splits:
    6.44, 6.50, 6.51, 6.49, 7.12,
    6.37, 6.43, 6.44, 6.41, 6.40,
    6.42, 6.42, 6.49, 6.42, 6.37,

Whoops.... a extremely overdue thank you for last weekend. A very useful pacing companion indeed you were; putting manners on me when I was chomping at the bit (ooh-er!;)) and resulting in an excellently paced and perfectly executed run. Gave me the confidence boost I needed after the poorest week's training I'd had the entire cycle. Mucho appreciated!! :D

*PS I totes chicked yo' ass in the last mile...excuses excuses ;):p

claralara wrote: »
    *PS I totes chicked yo' ass in the last mile...excuses excuses ;):p

Memo to self need to start training like a beast for the rematch:D

Friday 17.5 miles easy (7.39 mile pace)

This week has consisted of me trying to catch up on sleep with each night varying between about 4-5 hours sleep since Tuesday night so by the time today came around I was hanging on by a thread.
    I had two options today; come home after work in time for my one treatment of the day and get an hour or two nap before running or get it out of the way and get an early night. The second seemed the most logical given I have an early start with a trip to Galway first thing in the morning so off I went with one major draw back, I hadn't eaten since 1 o clock so by the time this run came around I was already fairly hungry.
    Met up with one of the lads from the club for the first ten mile and kept it fairly handy. Hunger was creeping in and by thirteen I was already starving to the point I was starting to get a little weak. Got to the stage where I was on complete autopilot and just putting one foot in front of the other.

Not one of my most enjoyable runs but its the days that don't go to plan but you still get through them that make you as opposed to the days where it feels easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Really solid mileage man, don't know how you do it on such little sleep. Try and get one good night a week at least!!

pconn062 wrote: »
    Really solid mileage man, don't know how you do it on such little sleep. Try and get one good night a week at least!!

Normally I am pretty good but between starting coaching in the club and the surplus of clients booking in for treatment in the build up to the marathon at the moment just been a bit up the walls to the point that I am only getting out for runs after 11 most nights which is not exactly conducive to 7am starts in work the last few days.

The good news is that this weekend will be early nights and next week looks alot better as I don't have a course on my days off work meaning that I can fit in treatments on these days and balance the week a hell of alot better.

Won't be able to get away with it like I am at the moment in the next few weeks when I start back on sessions

Saturday OFF

Unscheduled day off. Was on the last weekend of my course this weekend and normally fairly dozy by the time I finish up with the day however given the week that has been this was compounded so a half an hour chilling in the hotel room after dinner waiting for food to digest shortly turned into a glorious 10 hour sleep. BADLY NEEDED :D

Sunday 10 miles steady (6.43 mile pace)

7.21, 6.58, 6.45, 6.39, 6.45, 6.37, 6.37, 6.35, 6.33, 6.18

What started out as just an easy 10 quickly changed after the first two miles as I was feeling great so decided to go stick at steady pace and just maintain it. The only problem is the pace was getting quicker and quicker without really pushing it. Last few miles breathing a small bit laboured to the point that I was working at little but that is to be expected. All in all happy with how my shape is coming along.

Week 1 mileage|71.1|7/7 days
    Week 2 mileage| 67.3| 6/7 days
    Week 3 Mileage| 62.4| 6/7 days running

Little lower than I would have liked but given that I had 10 planned on my unscheduled day off would have been where I would have liked and given the week that was in it not a total disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Did I see on another thread that you are running DCM?

Did I see on another thread that you are running DCM?

no :o. (You must have hawk like vision on these logs :D)

no :o

Oh really? So number 5265 isn't you? ;)

• Advertisement

Oh really? So number 5265 isn't you? ;)

You missed your calling as a PI :p

Ill be towing the line indeed. Sure be no bother one 16 miler and 1 17.5 miler in the back so marathon ready for sure :D

Ill be towing the line indeed. Sure be no bother one 16 miler and 1 17.5 miler in the back so marathon ready for sure :D

You'll be grand once you don't go haring off like Thirstywork last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

:eek::eek:

Training run?

pconn062 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Training run?

Yeah distance yet unknown though (Could do a Mo Farah on it:D) but wont be near PMP (Have not ran more than 1 mile @ PMP at a time in a couple of months)

Yeah distance yet unknown though (Could do a Mo Farah on it:D) but wont be near PMP (Have not ran more than 1 mile @ PMP at a time in a couple of months)

Get on to Kurt; I hear is looking for a 4:20 pacer ;)

You'll be grand once you don't go haring off like Thirstywork last year ;)

Only saw him at 19 miles ( to my amazement as the last time I had spoken to him before that was about a month before where he was told he was allow to start doing 15 min runs soon enough:D)

Get on to Kurt; I hear is looking for a 4:20 pacer ;)

Hopefully plan to be a little bit faster than that (working at 2 so won't be hanging around just a quick jog back out to UCD and shower)

Monday 5.6 miles easy (7.13 min mile pace)

Just a handy one today nothing too major

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Tell me this is a joke? :)

Youre a faster runner than me, but youre not prepared for 26.2 at any pace buddy. 17.5 isnt really even dipping your toe in the water.

I cant see the up-side. You might try to go slow, but then someone in a GAA jersey will pass you and that will be that. Wouldnt like to see you get injured. Id think seriously about the farah option....

• Advertisement

Tell me this is a joke? :)

Youre a faster runner than me, but youre not prepared for 26.2 at any pace buddy. 17.5 isnt really even dipping your toe in the water.

I cant see the up-side. You might try to go slow, but then someone in a GAA jersey will pass you and that will be that. Wouldnt like to see you get injured. Id think seriously about the farah option....

That last comment was a joke. I know I am not prepared to race a marathon. I will be running on the day though the only question is how far. What ever happens it will all be controlled :D

Advertisement