Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Id hazard a guess it was a long course....

Wouldn't think so I got 13.2 on the Garmin but ran fairly wide line. Ran the exact same course before and was spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

ecoli wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so I got 13.2 on the Garmin but ran fairly wide line. Ran the exact same course before and was spot on

Seriously deceptive course though. Flat as a pancake but the beach and the wind make it super slow imo....nearly 3 miles on the beach really knocks it out of the legs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Was only bein faazcesus(sic)..im sure it was measured correctly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Translation: UM1 did not measure it :p

Had a feeling as soon as I responded :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

What I'm taking from this is, it was a short course and you still blew it, Jesus you are useless :)

TRR wrote: »
    What I'm taking from this is, it was a short course and you still blew it, Jesus you are useless :)

All this abuse is gonna build up and and fuel me for them last 6 miles on April 13th. Ill be running on pure hate ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Translation: UM1 did not measure it :p
    Unfortunatly not....i only get to measure
    D mickey mouse races,,,

All this abuse is gonna build up and and fuel me for them last 6 miles on April 13th. Ill be running on pure hate ;)
    Theres also an oppertunity on feb 15th goin to smoke him....

Hate is good young padawan ........ But it will be fcuk all use to you :)

• Advertisement

Theres also an oppertunity on feb 15th goin to smoke him....

Ha what happened to entries closed :D

Ha what happened to entries closed :D
    Will be bigger dan the Mo vs Geb show in Gnr.....

Will be bigger dan the Mo vs Geb show in Gnr.....

Maybe even as big as Mo and Bekele from same race :D

Unfortunately its looking like the week before Torrevieja half which is a target race in build up to Rotterdam so will probably have to defer the offer till the following year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

:D
    FWIW I watched the two lads coming in and it was pretty clear that DrQ had become the timekeeper and Ecoli had become the 'Mr Motivator' to the stragglers. I'd say everyone pretty much got the best time they could have got (In saying that, if it had been me I would have just ditched the stragglers :))

Speaking as one of the stragglers +1,000 to this. If you had increased the pace in the last 2 miles to get in under the 1:30 I for one would have lay down on the grass and told you to go on by yourself :D:D

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Speaking as one of the stragglers +1,000 to this. If you had increased the pace in the last 2 miles to get in under the 1:30 I for one would have lay down on the grass and told you to go on by yourself :D:D

Don't be massaging his ego. He wrecked your race, he should have dragged you home :) I am joking of course, some people on here think I'm a total dick.

Ecoli, is there a definite date for torrevieja? And if there is why didnt you tell me you sneaky git!

Don't be massaging his ego. He wrecked your race, he should have dragged you home :) I am joking of course, some people on here think I'm a total dick.

Ecoli, is there a definite date for torrevieja? And if there is why didnt you tell me you sneaky git!

The others would to they just don't know you yet :p

No definite date but unconfirmed reports are its the 23rd (Usually last Sunday in Feb)

Saturday PM 7.25 miles steady (6.34 mile pace)

In line with the ethos of this marathon plan hard days hard, easy days easy. Originally I had a steady 16 miles planned for today but as I had committed to the pacing gig and I had a few other commitments straight after the race just prior to work meant that I had to break this up so ended up still getting a solid workout today given this run was on slightly heavy legs from the morning. Not the exact stimulus I had originally planned however a good strength day none the less. Felt pretty good on this run actually and strong through running comfortably steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If only you could have ran that pace at the end of the race this morning :D

If only you could have ran that pace at the end of the race this morning :D

If I did I probably would have been lynched by ones following:D

Sunday 10.5 miles easy (7.22 mile pace)

Couldn't get out before work today so meant another late night run. Nice and handy for this one as have a session tomorrow and the legs were heavy enough from yesterday. Fecking more foxes around the place at this hour than Farthing Wood though many of the old fogies probably wont get the reference (seeing as I am still getting the slaggings for this it seems like I can never get rid of that label I have had on boards since I joined I felt I need to retaliate especially after certain junior cert jokes yesterday out in Clontarf by certain boardsies :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

oh, I get the reference,my son used to watch that...
    ... you'll have to explain to me how this is helping your image though :)

RayCun wrote: »
    oh, I get the reference,my son used to watch that...
    ... you'll have to explain to me how this is helping your image though :)

Its not but I figure there too much of a general consensus here to fight so I will just (try) use it as armour against the bitter boardsies jealous of my youth and good looks:P

Monday AM 4 miles easy (7.54 mile pace)

Just a handy one to wake the legs up this morning. Kinda dreading session later simply because I know I am aerobically getting strong but I am still a bit shy on the sharper side of training at the moment

Monday PM 3 miles warm up, 4x1 mile w/ 400 jog rec, 1 mile cooldown

Splits: 5.30, 5.28, 5.30, 5.39

I dunno what to make of this session. Cut it short as was flagging big time by the last one but looking back I am trying to figure out how much of this was mental. First rep poorly paced for first lap (86) before getting into my running. Still another session in the back and I am getting stronger week by week so I know if I can keep the consistency things will start to click into place in the coming months its just a matter of keep rattling away at the sessions.

Race this Sunday which should be interesting as I know I am aerobically strong but I am questioning my ability to push out of my comfort zone at the moment so a few hard race efforts should help with that.

Race this Sunday which should be interesting as I know I am aerobically strong but I am questioning my ability to push out of my comfort zone at the moment so a few hard race efforts should help with that.

How about a bit of motivation? Push out of that comfort zone or get a toe up the hole! Bad enough DQ wussing out with some bullcrap yanky doodle holiday ;) without you wussing out before the race has even started.

By the way I've attached a picture of that guy from Nick Jnr who my son thinks is you. He's in the blue tank top and shorts, and yes this is the campest photo I could find :)

Cast-Stars-of-The-GoGoGo-Show-On-Roof-Nick-Jr-UK-Nickelodeon-Junior-Go.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

How about a bit of motivation? Push out of that comfort zone or get a toe up the hole! Bad enough DQ wussing out with some bullcrap yanky doodle holiday ;) without you wussing out before the race has even started.

By the way I've attached a picture of that guy from Nick Jnr who my son thinks is you. He's in the blue tank top and shorts, and yes this is the campest photo I could find :)

Is that the failed pop band that sings the goodnight song every eve? Yeah I see the resemblance. Is there a team comp in Jingle Bells by the way ? Oh wait TRR is running some ghey GAA race that day

Where were u Monday btw?

Not questioning the ability just a a little rusty from hard efforts ;)

To be fair I did Thanksgiving in Long Island 2 years ago and I still have not got over the feed I got. Talk about legendary (Italian Americans know how to cook :D)

That picture now has me motivated to hunt you down in the race to give you the boot.

I see you have started early brain washing the child into slagging people. Next thing you know he will be getting a laptop for Xmas to come on boards hurling abuse and being a cranky aul fecker, just like his old man:D

drquirky wrote: »
    Is there a team comp in Jingle Bells by the way ? Oh wait TRR is running some ghey GAA race that day

I plan on doing jingle bells, hopefully Eoin and Tom will join me so we have a decent team! Fcuked if I'm relying on you two
    drquirky wrote: »
    Where were u Monday btw?

Did my own session at lunch time. Judging by your times I saved myself a wasted trip ;)

I plan on doing jingle bells, hopefully Eoin and Tom will join me so we have a decent team! Fcuked if I'm relying on you two

But Toms a senior meaning you can't poach him for you OAP team ;)

• Advertisement

But Toms a senior meaning you can't poach him for you OAP team ;)

Must be hard for you being in your youth and having to look at my saggy old ass run off into the distance!

Advertisement