Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Nice imagery!

Someone had to take over tRR's crude, acting the b0ll!x attitude with him being all nice over on the Meath Spring half thread :p

AIS - Active Isolated stretching - the new boards buzzword
    PIR - Post Isometric Relaxation - just thrown in to mess with peoples minds as they frantically turn to google (although a very useful technique)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

ecoli wrote: »
    Someone had to take over tRR's crude, acting the b0ll!x attitude with him being all nice over on the Meath Spring half thread :p

AIS - Active Isolated stretching - the new boards buzzword
    PIR - Post Isometric Relaxation - just thrown in to mess with peoples minds as they frantically turn to google (although a very useful technique)

The only thing that saves me from injury is knowing when to go running during the wife's PMS. :pac:

Friday 7 miles easy (7.23 min pace)

Had treatments booked in after work so despite finishing work earlier than the last few nights still mean I was only getting out around the same time. Nothing too drastic kept it nice and handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Nice to see you kept your record intact this morning! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

On behalf of boards.ie, Tallaght AC and the superhero marathon pacers of the world I'd just like to say ............. "You're a fcuking disgrace" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

TRR wrote: »
    On behalf of boards.ie, Tallaght AC and the superhero marathon pacers of the world I'd just like to say ............. "You're a fcuking disgrace" ;)

Does this have anything to do with why I have not received a training plan for this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Does this have anything to do with why I have not received a training plan for this week?

He's hoping to get it to you by 3 but.......... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    He's hoping to get it to you by 3 but.......... ;)

It'll get to you by 8 seconds after 3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I think it's a mental barrier at this stage. Maybe next time run without the watch, try hanging on to a faster runner (maybe we can find a pacer for you in Brothers Pearse) and just believe you can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

RayCun wrote: »
    I think it's a mental barrier at this stage. Maybe next time run without the watch, try hanging on to a faster runner (maybe we can find a pacer for you in Brothers Pearse) and just believe you can do it!

Does claralara ever do pacing gigs? ;)

• Advertisement

Coming across the line feeling satisfied that I got everyone who was gonna hit three on the day across the line watch reading 3.00.01 my first thought was "balls tRR will never let me live this down" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ignore those f€ckers, what's a few seconds amongst friends??

Saturday 6 miles easy (7.27 min pace)

Sunday 26.5 miles Steady (6.48 min pace) (3.00.06 Chip time)

Failure once again :P. Paced everyone else to sub 3 but myself :P tried keeping one guy with me who was suffering in the last few miles but sadly not to be. Fair play to those who did get the sub 3 yesterday though that course is not one for fast times and a small breeze as well made it challenging to say the least (especially with that b!atch of a hill around 10)

Great weekend made complete with an ensemble of boards folklore (Aimman, TfBubendorfer, Dublinrunner, runningcoach and even the elusive Stazza all making appearances in some shape or form throughout the weekend)

Gavlor wrote: »
    Ignore those f€ckers, what's a few seconds amongst friends??

Can be alot had it been one of my pacing group and not me on the wrong side of the barrier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Savage job yesterday. Made my day a lot easier. For the record, he brought me in in 2.59:51 by my watch....job done :-)

Monday 4 miles recovery (8.57 min pace)

Quads and calves a little tender today but surprisingly better than I thought the would be. Loosened out on this run and I am glad I got out as I reckon my legs will feel the benefit over the next few days and should be back to normal for a session thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ecoli wrote: »
    Coming across the line feeling satisfied that I got everyone who was gonna hit three on the day across the line watch reading 3.00.01 my first thought was "balls tRR will never let me live this down" :D
    I reckon you were leaning backwards for the finish line photo and your bib chip only passed the mat 2 seconds after your feet. Well done on a great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Can we all please desist from discussing missing sub 3 by a few seconds??

Please?? :mad:

Gavlor wrote: »
    Can we all please desist from discussing missing sub 3 by a few seconds??

Please?? :mad:

I agree, let us instead focus on his next attempt in Limerick ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

What is the #1 criteria for someone to be a Sub 3hr pacer.........well........... :)

• Advertisement

What is the #1 criteria for someone to be a Sub 3hr pacer.........well........... :)

Not sure but it might be having the healing hands to ease a stiff muscle or two ;)

For sub 3 I'd say the #1 criteria is a willingness to do the job!!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I agree, let us instead focus on his next attempt in Limerick ;):D

he's been relegated to 3.15 pacer. Thats the rumour I started heard anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I'm the 3:15 pacer so he better not be- I want my pacees getting in on time!! :)

drquirky wrote: »
    I'm the 3:15 pacer so he better not be- I want my pacees getting in on time!! :)

So that's the two of you missing for the club 5k so. Pair of tossers. Will you be doing any of the upcoming 5ks like Lucan etc. Should get a team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

The marathon? Jaysus thats only 6 weeks away right? Be careful, I want to race you healthy in the DCM :).

That sounds a little nuts to me, you havent been doing any LSRs?

The marathon? Jaysus thats only 6 weeks away right? Be careful, I want to race you healthy in the DCM :).

That sounds a little nuts to me, you havent been doing any LSRs?

Me too, pacing marathons is an absolute waste of time unless you can somehow incorporate it into your training. Recovery time for a 26 mile race will eat into time you could be out doing sessions for 5k etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

So that's the two of you missing for the club 5k so. Pair of tossers. Will you be doing any of the upcoming 5ks like Lucan etc. Should get a team together.

do I need to say anything here?:D

do I need to say anything here?:D

Yeah, tell us about your club's race ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah, tell us about your club's race ;-)

Sorry, invitation only :P

Advertisement