Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever think PM was AM ?

• 12-06-2009 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I went for a few pints one sunday lunchtime, with the papers,as you do,met a few old mates, drank a rake of pints and went home for a nap at about 4.30.pm
    Woke up in a panic at 7, thinking it was 7am on monday morning ! Drove to work thinking "the traffic is very light" and why is morning ireland not on RTE1 ?...DOH !!
    Got a pizza, a few cans, had a bath and an early night !!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: the 24 hour clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

Overheal wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: the 24 hour clock.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Mr Perfect !!
    Everything in its place, Everything as it should be !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well gee Mr Defensive if you didnt want your fail to be made ridicule of why would you post it in AH :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Well gee Mr Defensive if you didnt want your fail to be made ridicule of why would you post it in AH :pac:

That really should be in the disclaimer for AH.

Gee ? I am sure you are a "Hit" on first dates ! You smoothie !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

thelurch wrote: »
    Gee ? I am sure you are a "Hit" on first dates ! You smoothie !

At least he doesn't turn up twelve hours early.

At least he doesn't turn up twelve hours early.
    Yeah ! Comes too soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Yeah ! Comes too soon !

You should see a doctor about that. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yeah, just after midday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My granny did this. She went to bed at 7pm, got up at 10pm (thinking it was 10am), got dressed, got breakfast and proceeded to watch TV. She rang my house at 5am (which she thought was 5pm) and complained that her TV musn't be working as Coronation Street isn't on!

Alzheimer's ftw! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I went for a few pints one sunday lunchtime, with the papers,as you do,met a few old mates, drank a rake of pints and went home for a nap at about 4.30.pm
    Woke up in a panic at 7, thinking it was 7am on monday morning ! Drove to work thinking "the traffic is very light" and why is morning ireland not on RTE1 ?...DOH !!

Seeing that no one has said it so far let me be the first :pac:

Drinking and driving...don't do it, you should be ashamed of yourself, not coming on here in AH but should be posting in PI about drink problems, loss of time, drink driving etc.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

My granny did this. She went to bed at 7pm, got up at 10pm (thinking it was 10am), got dressed, got breakfast and proceeded to watch TV. She rang my house at 5am (which she thought was 5pm) and complained that her TV musn't be working as Coronation Street isn't on!

Alzheimer's ftw! :p
    I think you lie, sir. Coronation Street is not on at 5; am OR pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Caught out in a lie....for shame:p
    cornation street fanatic saves the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Maybe she has Sky+. The elderly love Sky+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So OP, what you're telling us is that you spent good deal of time on Sunday evening driving around pissed out your brains?

poisonated wrote: »

Wash your mouth out. Christ, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

No. I once got PM confused with AIM though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Night out, got home at 3am. Woke at 6. Dark outside. Was unsure if I slept for 3 hours or 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I fell asleep on a bus once and woke up and couldnt remember for a split second if I was going in to work or going home. I glanced out the window and saw the Liffey was to my right and my heart sank.... I was going in :D

That was a very long day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Was at the Love Parade in Berlin a good few years back and was...well...er..stoned out of it basically. I was dancing in the crowd and remembered looking at my watch and it saying 5.30pm(ish)..next time i looked it was 7 and for the life of me i couldnt figure out whether it was 7pm or i had danced right through to 7am the next morning. I swear to God..i was standing looking at my watch with this bemused look tryin to make sense of the whole thing but finding it hilarious at the same time.

Oh the memories (or lack of)..that was a great festival :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh it was 7pm...the only thing that made sense to me then was "it hadnt gotten dark yet"..fun times :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I used to get them confused all the time....of course I was 4 at the time and had minor head injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Maybe she has Sky+. The elderly love Sky+.

If only they knew how to work it

Soby wrote: »
    If only they knew how to work it
    That's always a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Went out over a weekend which included Sunday afternoon. Went home at about 4 and slept. Woke at seven. Thought it was morning. Got up in a haze and got ready for work. Turned on the tv at 8 to realise it was still evening time. Thank fcuk as I was wrecked from all the drinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Went to the student bar in UCD at 11am before. Drank for the whole day. Went outside for a smoke later that evening and the bouncer wouldn't let me in because I was too drunk. So I went to one of the girls houses. We were all sitting around drinking and I asked someone the time. They told me 10 o'clock only for me to turn around and say "Geez its awfully dark outside for 10 o'clock in the mouring". It was still 10pm. I totally lost track of time drinking for the day. I actually still made it out that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Could someone PM me later on how this thread develops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Aidric wrote: »
    Could someone PM me later on how this thread develops?

No

Don't remember it happening to myself, but I remember a friend of mine had a house mate who was a real stoner, always out of it. We were back at his gaff one day at lunch time and yer man walks into the kitchen and made some comment about having a assignment to hand in Thursday morning, we looked at him and said that it 1 o'clock Thursday afternoon. He stood there, looked around the room in a daze and said "what happened to Wednesday?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

See, if you had a mobile phone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I remember when I was in third year & my sister was in first year. We woke up, put on the uniforms, had our brekkie & began the trek to school. It was still kinda dark but then again it was winter so the lack of light wasnt any indicator as to what time it was. The roads were kinda empty & as we reached the school there wasnt a sinner about....we were thinking hmmmm do we have a day off???Went up to my classroom as the prefabs she was in werent yet open. Still completely at a loss as to what was going on. We sat there id say for about an hour......heard footsteps & in walks the principal....''girls what are you doing in this early'' us ''ehhhhhhh what time is it''. It was 5am when we had got to the school. Still to this day I dont know how we didnt see any clocks that morning or even how we woke up that early, all I know is that the principal made us tea & opened the vending machine & let us take what we wanted. Thats principal loved us.....then again it was a Catholic school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Maddison wrote: »
    Thats principal loved us.....then again it was a Catholic school.

Awww...you stopped just when it was getting good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Awww...you stopped just when it was getting good!

I had typed more but things that I sometimes find amusing makes others :rolleyes: or :mad: so I dont bother!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Got home from secondary school a few years back around 4:30PM. was knackered and fell asleep. Woke up at 7pm but thought it was 7am (which was the time my dad would wake me up for school). I got up, had a shower, got dressed, had my crunchy nut (the best breakfast) and went out to the van ready to go. my dad was outside and just said 'what are you doing?', and i said 'will ya come on, were going to be late'.

twas a great feeling when he realised how confused i was and explained what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

ehh, closest thing i can think of was being really sick this christmas, and i my parents woke me up for some tea on christmas eve. i thought i missed the WHOLE of christmas day...worst feeling ever...though the feeling afterwards when you find out you have gained a day is priceless.

i nearly came close to something like that today though...had an exam at 2pm. so i slept in, went to the exam like it was the morning. afterwards, somebody was waiting for a lift. they said just till their mum was finished work at 5.30, so i said "jesus thats hours away...what will ya do till then"
    they told me it was 5.20...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

unless its like 11:50 am and i think its 12:10 pm....no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

dont think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

afraid not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've done it a few times when I was half asleep. I remember waking up a few years ago and seeing 5:00 on my clock. I thought to myself "Why is everyone in bed at 5pm? I have missed school, my mam has missed work. I'd better wake them up and ask wtf..."

Got up, was on my way to wake everyone up, when it finally dawned on me that it was actually 5am.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

poisonated wrote: »

I assure you.. it wasn't a lie.

Considering it happened over 2 years ago, I can't remember exactly what program my granny was looking for (I said Coronation Street as it is a typical OAP program). It could've been Judge Judy (she loves that for some reason).

Anyway, she has Alzheimers - she'd probably mix up the kettle and Coronation Street :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Never thought AM was PM. Have spent the day thinking Sunday was Saturday.... that was horrible :(

Never thought AM was PM. Have spent the day thinking Sunday was Saturday.... that was horrible :(

You haven't seen horrible yet.

Horrible is thinking Monday is Sunday :eek:

Advertisement