Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google car in Galway

Options
  • 12-06-2009 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I saw the Google car driving in the city centre yesterday. This is the car that has a large camera on its roof for capturing images for a new version of Google maps.

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Yep. I also saw it in Kerry yesterday too... I thought the bleeding thing was following me hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I saw it pulling out from the shopping centre across from the cinema in Galway yesterday. Sorry I don't know any names as I'm a stranger in a strange land!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Are they doing Galway again or is it still ongoing from a few months ago?

I saw it near Athlone about a month ago and I think I spotted it yesterday going over one of the bridges that goes across the Athlone Bypass (I was on the actual Bypass at the time).

I wouldn't have thought that it would take that long to do Athlone or Galway. Unless they're re-doing them for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I saw it driving into an apartment complex in knocknacarra, Altan i think its called.

• Advertisement
Advertisement