Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building work on Naul Road

Options
  • 12-06-2009 7:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Being nosy here but does anyone have any idea what they are building on the Naul Road there just opposite Westbrook? Clearing works have begun and Walls (builders) have two prefabs on site

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is that the Naul Road in Swords or Balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

Sorry, Balbriggan. Just beside the Graveyard and opposite Westbrook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Is it not the new neighbourhood centre/shopping centre? Can't find the relevant planning application at the moment. I think the construction is a JV with Walls & another investor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

I thought it might be a new shopping centre alright. Thanks. As I say, just being nosy!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Interesting!

Wonder if Aldi will join them or are they still in stalemate with FCC?

I doubt Aldi will join them. The criteria that Aldi set for their buildings and car parking wouldn't be matched by that development.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the old shopping centre when Tesco take up their anchor position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Eoineo wrote: »
    I doubt Aldi will join them. The criteria that Aldi set for their buildings and car parking wouldn't be matched by that development.
    Aldi already have planning permission in a site next to that so not sure what you mean?

The site remains undeveloped because of the 3.5 million euro levy, which they have appealed to ABP.

Exactly, I'm aware of the Aldi site which was granted planning application next door. Nodster was referring to Aldi joining with this new development which like I say, I don't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'm still a bit lost with regards to the mention of Aldi criteria regarding car parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Located 700 metres from Balbriggan's main street, the as yet to be named centre is part of a 254-acre site beside the Naul Road. Within days of Parkway securing planning permission it signed up Tesco as the anchor for the 9,500sqm anchor store.

Just reading this article from last October, as far as I know Tesco are not now moving into this shopping centre and are revamping the current store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

sgarvan wrote: »
    Just reading this article from last October, as far as I know Tesco are not now moving into this shopping centre and are revamping the current store.
    Revamping? Oh, this should be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Any idea when it is due to open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Sparky84 wrote: »
    Any idea when it is due to open ?

from the article in the Independent:

"Construction is scheduled to start next Spring and the centre is expected to open in Autumn 2010"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Hope they plan a relief road towrda Brackenwood/castle mill cos traffic is insane at that junction at times!!

Advertisement