Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Renewal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

+1 Sparks,

Great successes of electronic /computor technology that worked in Ireland 95% correctly first time in the last decade that was deliverd on time,within budget,and made life esaier for the tax payer,and is 95% data secure......??
    was it?
    A] E voting machines? Dublin Transport integrated tickets [C]E Flow on the M50? [D] PULSE? [E] None of the above?

Answers on a postcard please.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

You are forgetting PPARS attempted introduction as the HSE payroll computer
    Cost per employee -22,000 euro

http://www.independent.ie/health/health-boss-refuses-to-ditch-illfated-ppars-system-53230.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    That all sounds plain and simple and straightforward.

Which is pretty much why I have absolutely zero faith that it's what's going to happen!

Oh the cynicism; in one so young..

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Cynicism that's a learned response to events rrpc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

I have 4 firearms, do you think they'll have the brains to send me all the notices together or have me up and down all bloody year? Also we'll have the busy body postmistress knowing how many guns we have,not a good idea. To be honest i dont like my FAO knowing how many i have:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pay them in the next town where you are not known. ;)

boc121 wrote: »
    I have 4 firearms, do you think they'll have the brains to send me all the notices together or have me up and down all bloody year?

You should have brought that to the FCP. They'd never have thought of it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

boc121 wrote: »
    I have 4 firearms, do you think they'll have the brains to send me all the notices together or have me up and down all bloody year?

Sh1t!!!! i never thought of that. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

rrpc wrote: »
    You should have brought that to the FCP. They'd never have thought of it. :p

They never thought to tell us mere mortals what's going on either :eek:

They never thought to tell us mere mortals what's going on either :eek:

No I'm serious :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

rrpc wrote: »
    No I'm serious :eek:

So am I :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Guys,

I spent about an hour in with my local Sgt last night. He told me the following:

The 3 year licences could possibly be rolled out this August depending on a few glitgs being sorted out. If not it will defo happen next year. He already has the new forms which showed me.

When this happens we will all get a letter of extension which will vary in duration for person to person, e.g I.ll get 3 months, Joe Soap will get 6 months and bobby lee will get 9 months. After which they will roll out the 3 year licences (99euro a pop) This he tells me will be a seamless process which is being designed to cut down on administration and not a instrument to be used to wreak havoc within the shooting fraternity. (makes sense, hope it works)

The one thing he did say which might upset some is that he has been told from on high is that ALL pistol licences will be not be renewed regardless of when they were issued and what calibre they are.

This man is not Anti-guns at all. I can only say that he has always been as helpful as possible to me regarding firearms. so this is not one man expressing a personal wish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thats the problem with new procedures and no explanation of how, when and under what criteria they will be inacted. Lack of consistancy in peoples information. While Hezz700 has all the info above, most of which i'm sure is proper and correct, my FO on Saturday told me that he has heard nothing of the new 3 year licence rollout. Not calling hezz700 or anyone else a liar i thought myself they would be out this year. He told me that he has not been trained, updated or even informed of the new 3 year licence rollout, its procedures or payment methods. He said he was in contact with Dublin on Thursday in relation to another matter and they told him they would be starting to print this years standard 1 year licence on Monday (today).

Again lads i'm not saying that what i was told is right and everyone else is wrong. My point is that some areas are told the new licences will be out this year others are told it won't be for at least another year. My own gun club has issued us all with an explanation as to how the new licence rollout will occur and it is allmost word for word the same as above. So they seem fairly confident the change over will happen this year.

My attitude now is to sit and wait to see what happens. If its 1 year or 3 then so be it. With regards to the handgun renewals again there is so much speculation and hearsay that i'm just waiting to see what happens, although whether the new licences come out this year or next this new thing of having to re-apply for all firearms licences (for the first time only) does not sit well. To me it seems a sneaky or backhanded way for the Gardai/DoJ to cut out all (in their opinion) unsavory calibres and makes, eg. handguns, etc. by simply refusing a new licence on some outlandish technicallity/reason.

Maybe they will issue the standard licence and then later this year begin the new 3 year licence application/changeover system.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

What makes me laugh is that the government cant even get the driving licence situation sorted and now they're attempting to get this right...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fieryirish

Can anyone give me the exact link for this application download, not just garda.ie. Many thanks in advance. Fiery..

It is not available yet.

Now that we are into July does anyone know what is happening with the licences yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

I asked the local sergent when I was getting my ticket amended and he said there are some changes coming down the line but noone has told him about it yet :(

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have some cash to splash and was thinking on changing the semi auto, with all this new change etc, I think i'll hang fire

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

From the NARGC website today (3/7/09)
    Following intensive discussions between the NARGC and the Department of Justice in the wake of the announcement to the Firearms Consultative Panel that the new 3 year licence fee would likely be about €99, the fee has now been set at €80. This represents an almost 20% reduction in what was originally intended. The scale of this achievement, which has been secured in the face of massive increases and expenditure cuts across all sectors, should not be underestimated. The new fee was confirmed to the NARGC today, July 3rd 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 snowman6416

i have been looking at some of the quote to day
    and was just wondering where can i find the form FCA1, i have looked on the website www.garda.ie and could not find anything that was in relation to renwal of the firearms,

and also was wondering how much is it going to cost as i were paying the 25.00 euro one. and how is it going to work payment wise :confused:

thank you
    snowman6416

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

The forms and information aren't up on the Garda website yet but they'll be there for 1 August for renewals and new applications.

It'll cost you €80 for a three year license.

You'll be able to pay for it at most post office counters or through the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

i have been looking at some of the quote to day
    and was just wondering where can i find the form FCA1, i have looked on the website www.garda.ie and could not find anything that was in relation to renwal of the firearms,
    It wont be up yet according to other posters here.

There not renewals either. Read Grizlys letter on the other thread, its a new application.
    and also was wondering how much is it going to cost as i were paying the 25.00 euro one. and how is it going to work payment wise :confused:

thank you
    snowman6416
    €80 for three years.

my sister has a single barral shot gun as well what way will it affect her,

she is only paying a 6.00 euro licencce, can the 6.00 euro licence be still got or is the 80.00 euro cover all guns, for the three years

thank you
    snowman6416

she is only paying a 6.00 euro licencce, can the 6.00 euro licence be still got or is the 80.00 euro cover all guns, for the three years

thank you
    snowman6416

Everything the same €80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Clash wrote: »
    Everything the same €80

So the renewel cert will still be sent in post and once recieved its just a matter of producing the renewel cert allong with paying the 80euro fee at local post office?

ranger4 wrote: »
    So the renewel cert will still be sent in post and once recieved its just a matter of producing the renewel cert allong with paying the 80euro fee at local post office?

No it's not a renewel. You get to apply again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

thank you
    snowman6416

the 6 euro licence is gone so it will be 80 euros for each gun you own and thats for 3 years,,she might as well apply to shoot game also this time cos it wont cost any more.
    either that or scrap the gun /thats waht i am doing.

:) hi folks

i have a double barrel shotgun the license have gone up to 80.00 euro, and will probably stop there,

if i want to get rid of the gun
    what steps do i have to take to do this?

thank you
    Snowman6416

• Advertisement

:) hi folks

i have a double barrel shotgun the license have gone up to 80.00 euro, and will probably stop there,

if i want to get rid of the gun
    what steps do i have to take to do this?

thank you
    Snowman6416
    Sell it to someone else or a dealer and download the FCA2 form from www.garda.ie and fill it out.

Advertisement