Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A GOOD Dermatologist

• 12-06-2009 9:17am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As it says above, I'm looking for a good Dermatologist in Dublin.. I've never been to one before so I'm looking for recommendations..

Also how much would I be looking at paying for a consultation etc.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

Hi xzanti,

I found the Derma Clinic to be absolutely brilliant. They have three clinics, one in Tallaght which is the one I have been to, one in Blackrock and one in Drogheda. You can check them out online at www.dermaclinic.ie. The Consultation is free and the Lady I met with was lovely. I have been back a good few times since then for follow up treatments once a plan was devised for me.

My skin has done a complete turn around in the few months I have been using the products described for me. Some of the stuff can be a little on the expensive side so I buy some of the products on ebay for half the price. The website has a brochure of all the treatments they do, quite a few if I can remember. Really really can't reccommend it enough.

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I think it depends what condition you want treated - certain dermatologists have particular interest and more experience with certain conditions. E.g. I've heard that Dr Rosemary Coleman in the Blackrock Clinic is especially good for rosacea. Her consultations are about €200.

Since you'll need a GP referral anyway, would it be worth asking him/her for a recommendation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You generally need a GP referral so I would ask your GP first and foremost. They will know the specific one for your condition cos some could be for acne, eczema, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Nick Walsh is fantastic. It's very expensive now, you'd need to have something that definitely can't be treated by your GP first. He also does cosmetic stuff like laser treatment and botox, but I'm not into that.

Advertisement