Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Formula 1 Entry list

• 12-06-2009 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Only hours to go now before the official list is published.

Anybody got any predictions on how this is going to pan out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Press Release
    2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List
    12/06/2009

HERE

Following the completion of the applications process for teams to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, the following teams have been confirmed.

SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO
    SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO
    RED BULL RACING
    AT&T WILLIAMS
    FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM
    CAMPOS GRAND PRIX
    MANOR GRAND PRIX
    TEAM US F1
    VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES*
    BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM*
    RENAULT F1 TEAM*
    PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING*
    BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM*

*These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams are also conditional but the FIA have considered them as full entries because of some commitments they had made previously.

I'm interested to see how Ferrari in particular react to this.

No Prodrive or Lola either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Nice attempt by the FIA to try and split FOTA :pac:

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Nice attempt by the FIA to try and split FOTA :pac:

Indeed

Divide and conquer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Very surprised Prodrive didn't get the gig. i thought that them and USGPE would definitely get in and was hoping Lola might sneak the third spot. I think we could well see ferrari going a bit mental about this though.......

• Advertisement

Where does it leave Adam Carroll's F1 aspirations?

I think everyone assumed he'd be going with Lola but dunno myself

smooch71 wrote: »
    Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams are also conditional

No Prodrive or Lola either...

Very surprised Prodrive didn't get the gig. i thought that them and USGPE would definitely get in and was hoping Lola might sneak the third spot..

Remember lads
    This is NOT the official list yet
    So maybe lots of room for USGPE and Lola..Prodrive etc. ;)

Ferrari and Redbull respond
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090612125930.shtml

Well he knows who to call now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Are they still just arguing over this budget cap or is it something more substantial ?

vectra wrote: »
    Remember lads
    This is NOT the official list yet
    So maybe lots of room for USGPE and Lola..Prodrive etc. ;)

It is the official list, published by the FIA but with conditional entries from 5 teams.

Ferrari and Red Bull have already rebuked it saying they too are conditional entries.

• Advertisement

voxpop wrote: »
    Are they still just arguing over this budget cap or is it something more substantial ?
    That and control over who and how the rules can be changed.

It is the official list,

No,
    That is Max's wish list ;)
    http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090612_F1_CS_Ferrari_shall_not.aspx
    Ferrari shall not take part in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship until the conditions of its entry are satisfied

Maranello, 12th June 2009 - Following publication of the list of entries for the 2010 Formula One World Championship, which includes Ferrari as an unconditional entrant, Ferrari wishes to state the following:

• Ferrari submitted on 29 May 2009 an entry to the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship which is subject to certain conditions. As of today, these conditions have not been met;

• notwithstanding this and despite Ferrari's previous written notice to the FIA not to do so, the FIA has included Ferrari as a unconditional participant in next year's Formula One World Championship. For the avoidance of any doubt, Ferrari reaffirms that it shall not take part in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship under the regulations adopted by the FIA in violation of Ferrari's rights under a written agreement with the FIA.

FOTA asks WMSC to intervene in F1 row
    FOTA asks WMSC to intervene in F1 row

By Jonathan Noble and Dieter Rencken Friday, June 12th 2009, 10:33 GMT

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has written to the FIA's Senate and World Motor Sport Council urging it to intervene in the row over entries to next year's championship, AUTOSPORT can reveal, as it warns the teams could be forced to walk away.

In an immediate response to the announcement by the FIA that FOTA's members have until June 19 to drop the conditions attached to their entries, the eight members of the teams' organisation pleaded for help in finding a 'swift solution' to the matter.

This comes despite Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso all having been handed full entries to next year's championship - in lieu of commercial agreements made with the FIA and FOM committing them to the sport.

The letter makes it clear these entries were made ‘against the will' of the teams involved.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The only thing I care about is that Cosworth are back in F1!!!!! Excellent

Indeed
    I was hoping for that myself

I'm wondering if the fia only picked new teams that were going to use Cosworth engines and not customer engines from the FOTA suppliers.

I'd rather see Cosworth back in IndyCars and Formula 1 retaining it's position as the "pinnacle of motorsport"

If Mosley gets his way it will become a shadow of it's former self. If the FOTA teams leave there will be no control over the FIA and F1 will eventually evolve into yet another single chassis, single engine, spec single seater series.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the fia only picked new teams that were going to use Cosworth engines and not customer engines from the FOTA suppliers.

You're a bit if a conspiracy theorist methinks!

Suspect you could be right though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Wonder why USF1 are using Cosworth engines. I would have thought they'd commission an American manufacturer to build one, go all patriotic or whatever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

cosworth are an american owned company now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

I'd rather see Cosworth back in IndyCars and Formula 1 retaining it's position as the "pinnacle of motorsport"

If Mosley gets his way it will become a shadow of it's former self. If the FOTA teams leave there will be no control over the FIA and F1 will eventually evolve into yet another single chassis, single engine, spec single seater series.

Exactly what I'm worried about...F1 becoming A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Grim. wrote: »
    cosworth are an american owned company now
    My bad, didn't know that. Be good to see Cosworth back, hopefully they wont return to the days of the late 80's though, when they supplied DFV engines to all the backmarkers, they're a much more respectable company than that...

• Advertisement

Wonder why USF1 are using Cosworth engines. I would have thought they'd commission an American manufacturer to build one, go all patriotic or whatever..

Don't think it's as simple as that.

There are no American manufacturers making or interested in making F1 engines at present,

You're a bit if a conspiracy theorist methinks!

Suspect you could be right though
    Not really I just dont have much faith in Max or the Fia

Team USF1 i thought they were forced to change their name because it used the F1 trademark are they now aloud to use it or what?

ACEA wants change to F1 governance

By Jonathan Noble Friday, June 12th 2009, 16:54 GMT

The European Automobile Manufacturer's Association (ACEA) has stepped into the row engulfing Formula 1 - and claimed that the current governance of the sport cannot continue.

On a frantic day of activity following the FIA's publication of the 2010 entry list, the ACEA discussed the situation during a meeting in Brussels and decided that the way F1 was run had to change.

In a statement issued on Friday, the ACEA said: "Today, the members of the Board of the European Automobile Manufacturer's Association discussed the current situation prevailing in Formula 1, and have concluded that the current governance system cannot continue.

"ACEA has come to the conclusion that the FIA needs a modernised and transparent governance system and processes, including the revision of its constitution, to ensure the voice of its members, worldwide motorsport competitors and motorists are properly reflected."

The ACEA went on to state that it supported the efforts of its car manufacturer members in trying to change F1.

"The ACEA members support the activities and objectives of the Formula One Teams' Association to establish stable governance, clear and transparent rules which are common to all competitors to achieve cost reductions including a proper attribution of revenues to the F1 teams, in order to deliver a sustainable attractive sport for the worldwide public.

"Unless these objectives are met, the BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Toyota along with the other teams are determined to find an alternative way to practice this sport in a manner which provides clarity, certainty of rules and administration, and a fair allocation of revenues to the competing teams. "

The ACEA was founded in 1991 and represents 15 European car, truck and bus manufacturers at EU level.

Its members are BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler, FIAT Group, Ford of Europe, General Motors Europe, Jaguar Land Rover, MAN Nutzfahrzeuge, Porsche, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Renault, Scania, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen and Volvo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

thanks vectra , so they arent any closer to resolving this then.

Neither side is going to back down now.

All we can hope for the high level people in the FIA form some sort of coup and Mosley is ousted.

He has become a power hungry maverick and seriously needs to be removed immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I can't see this being resolved any time soon.

There has been a petition started if anyone wants to sign in support of Fota
    {snip}

Irishshin wrote: »
    I can't see this being resolved any time soon.

There has been a petition started if anyone wants to sign in support of Fota
    Snip

I put that petition up yesterday and it was removed for specific reasons as expalined to me.
    You may be better off removing it asap ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

No matter how bad this gets, Mosley seems to be determined to **** it up even more.
    What a massive waste of time and energy the whole thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Sorry bout the petition link, didnt realise!

• Advertisement

The FIA have announced today that the budget cap of £40m will stand next year. Any teams that don't drop their conditions by Friday will be excluded from next years entry list.

Hope you all enjoyed Formula 1 guys, coz it's over.

Advertisement