Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great analogy

Options
  • 12-06-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Any subsequent actions most certainly are not moot, and if you want to delude yourself into believing that, then I think you'll have a pretty hard time on boards.

Put it this way... If you've just been arrested under suspicion of a minor crime by the guards, and you turn around and punch the guard in the face, it becomes a very serious offense. Now, you may or may not have been guilty of the initial crime you were being arrested for, but once you've gone and assaulted the guard, you've just landed yourself in a world of ****.

Learn from your mistake.

Now tell me where's the "crime" I originally got "arrested" for. Simple question how did I earn the ban? answer that. and Dev this is aimed at you too. Say how I earned the ban or just keep locking threads with smart comments that no one can reply too which is just another form of bullying like a pussy since you have the access no one else has so can say pretty much anything you want after you lock the thread, ironically you hardly post jack **** on a day to day basis on the forums unless it's to put someone down and then lock the thread and post something to act all superiour safe in the knowledge that no one can reply....it makes you kinda sad really because you're like that kid everyone always seen but no one ever noticed, that sat at the back of the class and eventually had to eat worms just to get some attention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Answer me this: What makes you think you have the right to send abuse to someone else via PM, regardless of a disagreement you have with them?

Do you not think that you're letting yourself down and disrespecting yourself by acting like a complete animal in private messages?

Tell me why I shouldn't just siteban your account for the massive disrespect you've shown to another member of this site, a volunteer who's doing nothing more than helping to make the site usable for people like you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You obviously did not read my comment in your Feedback thread, so here it is again:

Go back up to your first post in your Feedback thread and read what you posted.
    In case it's not clear, let me quote the piece from the PM you received from the Mod informing you of your ban.

Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

I think the above explains everything clearly.
    Every Mod on this site has the right to extend a ban if they receive an abusive PM. It is one of the rules on this site.

It has nothing to do with being power hungry and more to do with not having to put up with crap from people who do not know how to behave themselves in polite society.
    Respect others and treat them how you would like to be treated yourself.

Advertisement