Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 12-06-2009 3:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So the Squad looks like this, and apparently there will be 3-5 more signings, all very exciting stuff.
    This is straight forward really, who would you put in there to form a team that could dominate domestically and in europe?

GK Iker Casillas (vice-captain)
    GK Jordi Codina
    DF Michel Salgado
    DF Gabriel Heinze
    DF Pepe
    DF Sergio Ramos
    DF Marcelo
    DF Christoph Metzelder
    DF Miguel Torres
    DF Ezequiel Garay
    MF Rafael van der Vaart
    MF Javi García
    MF Mahamadou Diarra
    MF Rubén de la Red
    MF Lassana Diarra
    MF Fernando Gago
    MF Wesley Sneijder
    MF Guti (vice-captain)
    MF Royston Drenthe
    MF Dani Parejo
    MF Kaká
    MF Cristiano Ronaldo
    FW Raúl (captain)
    FW Javier Saviola
    FW Arjen Robben
    FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    FW Gonzalo Higuain
    FW Ruud van Nistelrooy

My team would be this.

GK: Casillas

DR: Ramos -- DC: Ezequiel Garay -- DC: Heinze -- DL: Marcelo

DM: Lass -- DM: Mahamadou Diarra

AMR: Ronaldo -- AMC: KaKa -- AML: Robben

ST: Huntelaar*

*Would witch for Villa if/when they sign him.

I've said here before that I dont think Villa is a good as some people hype him up to be but he is a good striker and would suit that type of team a lot better than Huntelaar ebcause of his pace and willingness to play the wings when needed (like Eto'o or Henry would) where as Hunter would be more of a down the middle off the shoulder striker (like Ruud).

I also think that if extra gile was needed in the DM role you could swap M. Diarra for Sniejder who has the vision and passing range to play the Prilo/Alonso/Xavi role imho.

In an ideal world they would sign Maicon from Inter and push Ramos to CB and sign another, more experienced player to partner him there, also, a new LB is needed as although Marcelo is great going froward I;m not sure of him defensively (like most brazilian fullbacks really) and maybe Maxwell (rumored to be leaving inter) would be a better choice (would be gotten for about 10 million too).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ronaldo

Raul
    Kaka
    Huntelaar
    Higuian

Heinze
    Ramos
    RVN
    Pepe

Lass
    Casillas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

does not compute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Seaneh wrote: »
    S

GK: Casillas

DR: Ramos -- DC: Ezequiel Garay -- DC: Heinze -- DL: Marcelo

DM: Lass -- DM: Mahamadou Diarra

AMR: Ronaldo -- AMC: KaKa -- AML: Robben

ST: Huntelaar*

just lol... i hear he is the next bakayoko! :rolleyes: have you chosen him over Pepe and Metzelder after you watched loads of Racing Santander games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd be having Higuain up front ahead of any forwar in their squad

(Until David Villa turns up, what a man!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ditpoker wrote: »
    just lol... i hear he is the next bakayoko! :rolleyes: have you chosen him over Pepe and Metzelder after you watched loads of Racing Santander games?

the new bakayoko? as in senagalese striker who played for everton... makes perfect sense ted...

I've seen 4 Santandar games this year, not a lot i know. I've also seen him at Olympics last year, a few games for Argentina and a few other Santander games since he moved there 4 years ago. yes had a few dips in form but over all is a lot more consistant and has much better distribution than either Pepe or Metz, so yes, I'd pick him ahead of but.

Pepe is an liability, an average liability at that. Metz is far too slow for any sort of decent level but not a bad defender besides that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The thing that I ask when i look at that team is is that midfield not the exact same that looked completely dominant and mesmerizing in Euro 2008 in the group stage against Italy and France and then what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

San Iker

Ramos Pepe Garay Marcelo

Gago Diarra Kaka

Ronaldo Raul Higuain

Also RE thread title Theres more than 1 team in Madrid , you wouldn't call Man United Manchester :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

At the risk of the entire forum being overrun with "zomg who will they buy next" and "who's your favorite Madrid player" threads, I think this might be a good idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good idea. This thread could be the biggest on boards the way Real are going....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone who didnt pick Raul is sacked........srsly :D

• Advertisement

You have to give it to Real - they keep it interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

right
    im going to make few predictions

Manuel Pellegrini to be fired around christmas,dressing room bust ups,
    Real madrid end up with nothing again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Despite all the big names, finish second to another season of magic football from Pep Guardiola and Barcelona.

I actually don't think they'll implode at all.

Kaka is the farthest thing from an egomaniac and Villa is supposed to be fairly alright as well. You have ROnaldo who has a head on him alright, but seemed to be great craic off the pitch so I'd say it'll all be smooth enough.

The fact is that with Villa, Kaka and Ronaldo they probably have three of he best four attacking players in the world.

People who claim that their defense will see them short should look at the back four Barcelona restricted United to practically no chances in the CL final with. A good attack is a good defense.

Before it was edited....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder
    Wesley Sneijder said " Arsenal is a team i can join to achive more than at Real Madrid plus Florentino Perez is now building a new team so me, Arjen Robben and probably Rafael van der Vaart need to go and explore a different team which we have come to decide is Arsenal! Especially since Guti will have two new dudes to hit on now that Kaka and CR9 are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

Casillas

Ramos
    Metzelder
    Pepe
    Marcelo

Lass

Kaka
    Sneijder

----Robben
    Raul
    CRonaldo

Replace Raul if and when Villa joins and you've got a savage attacking side purple hatstand.

Not that Raul is any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Standard rules apply:

Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Real Madrid. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Also, if any of you are genuine Madrid fans there's a punter on the tickts and travel forum trying to start an Irish fanclub:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055589938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

For me:

Casillas

Ramos
    ?
    Pepe
    Heinze

Lass Diarra
    M Diarra

Ronaldo
    Kaká
    Higuain

Villa

They should sign a good defender, and possibly another left back.

• Advertisement

Marca is reporting that the Villa deal will now probably not happenas he does not want to sign for Real. Real have now switched their attention to Forlan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

on the main page of Marca it says "Y la proxima semana.....Villa" which means he could join "in the next/around next week"

Hmm, my Spanish mate has given me wrong info so. He says its being reported. Thought he said Marca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Being linked with Maicon.
    Real Madrid have another £80m to spend before they leave the transfer market and Inter full-back Maicon is their next target, according to the Spanish Press.

The Spanish giants have already signed Kaka for £59m and had an £80m offer for Cristiano Ronaldo accepted yesterday.

Reports suggest President Florentino Perez intends to spend £220m on his team this summer, so he is only just over half way there.

Valencia striker David Villa is expected to join Los Merengues in the next few days while negotiations for Maicon are said to be underway.

The 27-year-old Brazil international was one of Inter's best players last season and is well respected across the world.

He recently said he is unhappy in Nerazzurro, as the club's directors are more interested in pleasing Zlatan Ibrahimovic than him.

Rocked by his comments, Inter look set to offer him a new contract as they regard him as one of their untouchables.

However, Real are said to want him all costs, as his signing would give greater balance to their shaky defence.

Sergio Ramos would be allowed to move to his preferred position at centre-back alongside Pepe.

Maicon would then be charged with marauding up and down the right flank while Marcelo patrols the other side
    As an Inter fan I think he would be a huge loss, even bigger than losing Ibra. But we could always put Santon there, it's his natural position anyway, and bring Maxwell back on the left. Would be a great signing for Real though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Rumours on the football365 transfer blog(11.56) that Real are going for Clichy, think if that's true it'd be tough for Arsenal to keep him, he'd be a good signing especially in Spain were full backs really get to bomb up the wings. Just as long as they stay away from Evra I don't mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think that Clichy would be an excellent addition for Madrid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Hi there ,
    I'm a new Madrid fan, used to support Chelsea, and before that Blackburn .
    I always support the best :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Casillas
    Ramos - Pepe - New CB - Marcelo
    L. Diarra
    Ronaldo
    Kaka ---- Robben
    Villa
    Raul

Team #2 looks decent.

Codina
    Salgado - Metzelder - Heinze - Drenthe
    Gago
    --Higuain ---- Sneijder ---- VdV
    ---- Huntelaar -- V. Nistelrooy -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maicon looks next, and although I dont think he's that amazing, he's a good RB. He'll push Ramos into CB where he is a good player, with Pepe, then it's a fairly decent defence. Not amazing, but good and solid. Then Mascherano or someone in front of the back four would complete a fantastic window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I noticed 2 or 3 teams without Raúl which is madness! He's been their best strikers for years. 521 appearances with 223 goals to go with that. Real Madrid's all time goal scorer.

I don't think Van Nistelrooy would settle as a sub though. And his game to goal ratio is quite good so I'm going a bit controversial.

Casillas

CB--- CB --- CB

L. Diarra

Ronaldo
    Kaka ---- Robben

Higuaín --- Raúl ---- Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Have you watched Raul lately? He's a shadow of his former self. Higuan is their best current striker. Van Nist will leave now with Ronaldo arriving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

PHB wrote: »
    Have you watched Raul lately? He's a shadow of his former self. Higuan is their best current striker. Van Nist will leave now with Ronaldo arriving.

He hasn't been outstanding, but he's still pretty decent. He got 18 goals in La Liga this year, 24 for the entire year. I wouldn't dismiss him straight away. However I'll replace Higuain wiht Van Nistelrooy :pac:

Hunter on SSN are just after reporting that Villa and Abiol will both be going to Real Madrid for a combined fee of 50 million plus Negredo and someone else.

Two excellent signings with Abiol in particular being exactly the sort of player that Real need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Can see the sense of Negredo being involved in the deal for Villa as it means that Valencia actually get a striker in to replace Villa with out having to actually pay out any cash.

A deal involving four players moving clubs along with cash probably has to be up there for most complex player-plus-cash deal ever between top clubs.
    Another type of world-record perhaps for Real :D ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

If Real did pay €40m for Villa, pretty sure that would push the cost of their current squad (before the inevitable departures) to the 500 million Euro mark.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hunter on SSN are just after reporting that Villa and Abiol will both be going to Real Madrid for a combined fee of 50 million plus Negredo and someone else.

Two excellent signings with Abiol in particular being exactly the sort of player that Real need.

Thats excellent business alright. Where does all this leave Huntelaar? Could he be on his way so soon after joining? Higuin has to be staying, as does Raul, which leaves no space for regular football really for Huntelaar. Could see Villa starting up top on his own, with Kaka supporting and Higuin and Ronaldo playing off. Don't think Huntelaar would be happy being second, possibly 3rd choice CF.

Who knows I guess.. There are rumours that the majority of the Dutch lads will be cleared out..

I am guessing that they will end up as follows:

Villa
    xxxxxxx
    Kaka
    Ronaldo
    Diarra
    yyyyyyy
    Marcelo---Abiol
    Ramos----Maicon
    Casillas

Maicon could be swapped out for Arbeloa if todays rumours are anything to go by.

xxxxxxx could potentially end up being Ribery but they could stick with Robben.

I hope to got that yyyyyyy doesn't end up being Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

How amazing would that team be if if it was Alonso and Ribery slotted into those missing positions :eek:

Must say I laughed off Perez when i heard he wanted all those names. I had a feeling he might get one big name and thats that, but he means business. You get the feeling if he wanted Ribery and Alonso, he'd get them easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Unearthly wrote: »
    How amazing would that team be if if it was Alonso and Ribery slotted into those missing positions :eek:

Must say I laughed off Perez when i heard he wanted all those names. I had a feeling he might get one big name and thats that, but he means business. You get the feeling if he wanted Ribery and Alonso, he'd get them easily.

idk about Ribery

according to reports hes a bit iffy about going there,alot of talk about alonso thou

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

.................Casillas

Ramos.....Abidol.....Pepe....Marcelo

..........Alonso........Diarra.............

...Higuain......Kaka..........Ronaldo..

...................Villla

Bench: Codina, Metzelder/Ezequiel Garay, Heinze, Diarra/Gago, Robben/Guti, Huntelaar, Raul

In: Kaka, Ronaldo, Villa, Abidol, Alonso,
    Sold: Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Saviola, Drenthe, Van Nistelrooy, Dani Parejo

• Advertisement

Bench: Codina, Metzelder/Ezequiel Garay, Heinze, Diarra/Gago, Robben/Guti, Huntelaar, Raul

Have they not come out and said that Ramos will be playing in his preferred position of centre back next season? I am pretty sure that I read that somewhere in the past few days.

Them being heavily linked with Maicon and Arbeloa would also back that up.

Is this an exclusive?

Have they not come out and said that Ramos will be playing in his preferred position of centre back next season? I am pretty sure that I read that somewhere in the past few days.

Them being heavily linked with Maicon and Arbeloa would also back that up.

that is the one bit i wasnt sure about was going to add Maicon in at RB but with Abidol now seeming likely and Pepe, Metzelder and Garay (plus Heinze if needed) i decided to leave it out for now.

actually thinking about it if say Maicon did sign I dont think anyone would criticise Madrids defensive options:

RB: Maicon, Ramos
    CB: Pepe, Ramos, Abidol, Metzlelder, Garay, Heinze
    LB: Marcelo, Drenthe, Heinze

plus they would have Diarra x2, Gago and maybe Alonso or even Mascherano sitting infront of them
    Is this an exclusive?

dont think im the only on predicting their lineup for next season and their ins & outs... so no its not

Abiol and one of Maicon or Arbeloa would certainly add alot to their back line..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Apparently Sneijder is part of a deal to get Alonso. Could Benitez be tempted to give him up getting a top class player like him plus cash?

ecoli wrote: »
    Apparently Sneijder is part of a deal to get Alonso. Could Benitez be tempted to give him up getting a top class player like him plus cash?

As a Liverpool fan, getting someone of Sneijder's quality as part of a deal would make Alonso leaving tolerable depending on how much cash is involved.

Sneijder is a player with genuine quality.

ecoli wrote: »

Where is everyone getting all these apparanent deals and sub-deals?

havent seen that about Sneijder to Liverpool anywhere but imo that would be a v gd deal for Liverpool (I rate Sneijder very highly)

havent seen that about Sneijder to Liverpool anywhere but imo that would be a v gd deal for Liverpool (I rate Sneijder very highly)

It was doing the rounds a few months ago but I haven't heard of anything recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

It was doing the rounds a few months ago but I haven't heard of anything recently.

Fresh reports on Sky sports today and with trying to reduce the Dutch influence in the club seems quite likely

• Advertisement
Advertisement