Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ecoli wrote: »
    Fresh reports on Sky sports today and with trying to reduce the Dutch influence in the club seems quite likely

Interesting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There's going to be a lot of players floating out for a good bit of money I'd say.

PHB wrote: »
    There's going to be a lot of players floating out for a good bit of money I'd say.

As I said before, when clubs like Madrid, Chelsea and now City start throwing around stupid amounts of money, countless other clubs benefit from it just as much, i.e. some get the over inflated transfer fee and others get to sign quality players for next to nothing during clear outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hmmm, Sneijder + cash would be about as good a deal as we could hope for if we did have to lose Alonso. Not too many adequate replacements out there.

I don't know if you would call him a replacement for Alonso. Sorta different types of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Zizou has been talking to Franck Ribery over a move to Madrid. Apparently there's a place waiting for him.

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery
    Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Zizou has been talking to Franck Ribery over a move to Madrid. Apparently there's a place waiting for him.

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery
    Villa

And not one of that front four would be interested in the defensive side of the game...

Mouthwatering attack but at the minute, they still seem to be repeating the mistakes of the past. Any word on any concrete bids for defensive minded players?

Raul Albiol of Valencia was rumoured to be part of the Villa deal, but I doubt there is any truth behind it.

Liverpool's Arbeloa has also been mentioned.

Neither are mind bogglingly good defenders to counter their impressive attack line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Raul Albiol of Valencia was rumoured to be part of the Villa deal, but I doubt there is any truth behind it.

Liverpool's Arbeloa has also been mentioned.

Neither are mind bogglingly good defenders to counter their impressive attack line.

They need at least 2 defensive minded midfielders and a central back pairing..plus a coach that can keep his job for more than 12 months...

At this point, you'd still back a Barca first team against that line up..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay now this is just silly

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6493561.ece

The overheated football transfer market is showing no sign of cooling, with Real Madrid hot on the trail of yet another exorbitantly expensive forward, Internazionale’s Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Representatives of the player met Real officials earlier this month and have also held talks with Barcelona, after Inter indicated they would be willing to sell their leading scorer.

The fee Inter are looking for is understood to be close to the world record £80m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That article claims that Real have a 255million£ transfer kitty for the summer. Well thats 119£ million left!:p

I doubt they'd blow two thirds of that on Zlatan!. What about Villa, Ribery and Alonso!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really hope they buy zlatan for the reported price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Headshot wrote: »
    Really hope they buy zlatan for the reported price
    Why? I agree with you coz I'm an Inter fan and I feel Ibra is going to leave this summer anyway so £80m would be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Zlatan is going to Barce for cash + Eto'o, Inter just have to agree a contract with Eto'o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Seaneh wrote: »
    Zlatan is going to Barce for cash + Eto'o, Inter just have to agree a contract with Eto'o.
    I thought the same but I wouldn't be too sure about it after reading this
    Inter President Massimo Moratti believes “at the end of the day Zlatan Ibrahimovic will stay,” but leaves the door open.

The Swede has hinted he would like a move to Barcelona and according to reports in today's Spanish newspapers he is also willing to cut his wages.

Moratti met with Barca President Joan Laporta last week and revealed what was said at that dinner.

“It was a meeting of reciprocal curiosity. Ibra wanted to join Barcelona and we wanted to understand how much real interest there was on their behalf,” the patron told Sky Italia.

“We realised each of us are happy with our respective players and so it is perhaps best to keep hold of them.

“If there is an idea that everyone likes, then we'll see, otherwise we will remain as we are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dor83 wrote: »
    Why? I agree with you coz I'm an Inter fan and I feel Ibra is going to leave this summer anyway so £80m would be nice.

hes a good player but its 80m down the drain

if they do pay 80m for ibra,they're shouldnt be much more in the wallet for the likes for Ribery etc

This must be a first "You're dropped if you don't feck off."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/18/real-madrid-threaten-arjen-robben

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fantastic bit of marketing there - he's injury prone and we don't need him and will listen to offers over 30 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

From bbc website
    1713 BST: Valencia have decided not to sell striker David Villa despite holding talks with three leading clubs.
    "Valencia have changed their minds and they are telling us they don't want to sell the player after, as everyone knows, having talks with three of the four top clubs," Villa's agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, said in a statement carried in the Spanish media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

LOL at people saying Ramos is a decent CB and a bad RB. His absolute best abilities are his crosses and how he runs up and down the wings. He will be awful at CB, and Marcelo is so bad defensively that the only place he wasn't a liability this year was as a winger. Real need a LB and a CB badly. The likes of Carvalho/ Zhirkov would be excellent signings. They also need a creative ball playing midfielder in the Pirlo/ Alonso mould.

Casillas

--Ramos
    Pepe
    Carvalho
    Zhirkov---

Alonso
    M. Diarra

Kaka

Ronaldo
    ?????
    Higuain

That would be a fantastic team with balance all over the field. But realistically that means they need to sign two top quality defenders. I put the ???? cos that could be Villa/ Forlan/ Raul/ Higuain/ Huntelaar/ etc....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You omitted Raul, eZe^ - you know that's a pipe dream of a team :pac:

So it appears Benzema will be off the Madrid, lets look at it from a Madrid point of view eh?!

Big target man to spearhead the attack, creating a front three of

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Benzema

Is anyone else looking forward to La Liga next season?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So it appears Benzema will be off the Madrid, lets look at it from a Madrid point of view eh?!

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Benzema

ah they will probably get ribery as well.

--Diarra
    Alonso----
    Ronaldo---Kaka
    Ribery
    Benzema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Benzema

Yep. French Radio seem to have to have confirmed that. Hopefully Madrid or Lyon will make an announcement very soon.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0701/benzemak.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Benzama signed.....breaking news on SSN!

Benzema deal looks pretty well done now. Albiol is to be presented to the media tomorrow. Hope he does great. Brill signing from Valencia.

On another note. Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with De la Red. Feel sorry for the poor guy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_5409782,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

DenMan wrote: »
    Benzema deal looks pretty well done now. Albiol is to be presented to the media tomorrow. Hope he does great. Brill signing from Valencia.

On another note. Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with De la Red. Feel sorry for the poor guy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_5409782,00.html
    Heart trouble I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shame about De La Red. Really looked promising while on loan at Getafe.

So, Real have signed Benzema for stupid money now as well, and Albiol to follow tomorrow. For the life of me, I cannot see the logic in signing Benzema. A player who has a lot to prove at a ridiculous over inflated price tag.

Reals options upfront look unreal for next season - Raul, Higuain, Ronaldo, kaka, Benzema and maybe RVN if he does not move on.

That is all well and good, but they need a solid central midfield, which imo, they do not have. "Lass" is decent at best, Gago is inexpereinced, Mahmadou Diarra is injury prone. At the back, Albiol is a very good signing, but what else do they have? Ramos is a good full back, but what do they have on the other side? Heinze who has not impressed at all and Marcelo who just is not a good full.

This Real team will be exciting next season. I reckon we should expect a bag load of 3-2s and 4-3s.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

so what remains on their shopping list: Ribery, Alonso, Arbeloa and a LB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I still they they may make a bid for Villa. But their priority should be a defensive midfielder and a few defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Alonso and Arbelo and that will be that for the summer I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Maybe they would use Arbeloa at left back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

SKY SPORTS wrote:
    Franck Ribery has told Bayern Munich that he wants to leave the club and join the new generation of 'galacticos' at Real Madrid.

The France international has been at the centre of a long-running saga over the past six months, with Real and Premier League champions Manchester United chasing his signature.

Bundesliga runners-up Bayern have remained adamant that they will not be selling £30million-rated Ribery, but their star asset has now announced his desire to move away from Germany.

The 26-year-old wants to follow Raul Albiol, Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema in agreeing a big-money, summer move to the Bernabeu, delivering another transfer blow to United.

Sir Alex Ferguson was thought to want Benzema, but the Frenchman has snubbed Old Trafford and is on the verge of moving to Spain, and Ribery looks set to do the same.

"I have made up my mind, I want to leave," Ribery told L'Equipe. "It will be Real or nothing.

"I am waiting to see how things will evolve. Then, I would like to have a talk with Bayern's hierarchy."

But Bayern's general manager Uli Hoeness insists that Ribery's announcement does not alter their stance.

He said: "Franck wants to join Real? That doesn't change anything to us. Real never did us any concrete proposition.

"The Real officials wanted to come to Munich, but we told them it was useless and they should save some plane tickets.

"We don't need their money, and we will keep Franck come hell or high water."
    Not much point in them keeping him now he has publicly declared he wants to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

They are just holding out for the same silly money, 60-80M. But I don't think he is in Kaka territory, about 50M based on what they are paying elsewhere.

So that would be an attack of Ronaldo and Ribery wide, Kaka in midfield with probably Lassana, and Benzema with Raul, for now?

Two in, 10 out will complete Real deals - Perez

Reuters, Saturday July 4 2009

MADRID, July 4 (Reuters) - Real Madrid need to sign two more players and off-load about 10 to round off their summer transfer dealings, club president Florentino Perez has said.
    The nine-times European champions have already splashed around 215 million euros ($303 million) on bringing striker Karim Benzema, winger Cristiano Ronaldo, playmaker Kaka and defender Raul Albiol to the Bernabeu.
    "Now we need to calm down a little because squads usually have around 25 players and ours now has some 35," Perez told Spanish television station Cuatro.
    "We need to concentrate our efforts on convincing some players that they will have to leave. It should not be forgotten there is a World Cup next summer and all our players want to play in it.
    "If players aren't going to have the chance to participate here they'll want to do it somewhere else, to be able to make it to the World Cup.
    "As to new signings, I think with two more we would have sufficient."
    Perez was asked about Real's interest in Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
    "They are both great players but their clubs don't want to sell them, though in the world of football situations can change," he added.
    Real have already sold Javier Saviola, and the Dutch contingent of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe and Klaas Jan Huntelaar are all reportedly on the market. (Writing by Mark Elkington; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Hopefully he means 2 attackers, cos defenders are really needed.

Ribery should arrive next, but the defense is still flawed.

A defender and a central midfielder is needed imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'd like for Lucio to come from Bayern, and Alonso from Liverpool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197636/Real-Madrids-new-80m-star-Cristiano-Ronaldo-insists-La-Liga-quality-Premier-League.html
    Real Madrid's new £80m star Cristiano Ronaldo insists La Liga now has more quality than Premier LeagueCristiano Ronaldo believes the Spanish Primera Division will leave its English counterpart trailing in terms of quality next season following Real Madrid's massive summer spending spree.
    Madrid have taken the transfer market by storm over the last month and are close to smashing the £200million mark on signings after agreeing deals for Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Raul Albiol...

• Advertisement

Well fancy that, I presume if he signed for Shamock Rovers he'd declare something similair for the LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Dickerty wrote: »
    So that would be an attack of Ronaldo and Ribery wide, Kaka in midfield with probably Lassana, and Benzema with Raul, for now?
    Nah, can't see Kaka playing central midfield. It'd look more like a 4-2-3-1 to me, with a front 6 of:

Benzema

----Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery

Lassana Diarra
    Gago/new signing

Part of the problem for me with signing Benzema is that it seems to put Raul (club captain and legend) and Higuain (who finally found his feet consistently at that level last season) further down the pecking order.

And that's assuming they manage to get rid of all the players they feel they need to, which I think will take them a while - if I knew a selling club was fairly desperate to get rid of players, I'd leave it as late as possible to bid to try and get the best price.

This would be the best team in the world, but I'm hoping with all my heart Alonso doesn't sign for them...

Diarra
    Alonso

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery
    Benzema

**** me what a team. Before some smart arse points out, I know i've left out the defence and goalie!

Where's Raul gona play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

**** me what a team. Before some smart arse points out, I know i've left out the defence and goalie!

Spoilsport :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

PHB wrote: »
    Where's Raul gona play :)

Left back. Probably better than Marcelo.

• Advertisement

Who ever thought you'd see the name Tallaght on the Real Madrid website but there it is. Let's hope for a great turnout for Shams as the face the giants of world football in Real Madrid.

Cristiano Ronaldo to be unveiled this evening.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Home.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What squad number did Benzema get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Hunelaar looks set to join Stuttgart for €20 million. That's probably about his level.

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/07/09/1373295/real-madrid-accept-stuttgart-offer-for-klaas-jan-huntelaar

Good move, Stutggart came close the title last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Surprised that Nistelrooy is still knocking about at Real as well. Especially since it was his criticism of Ronaldo that forced him away from United.

• Advertisement
Advertisement