Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I've decided to jump ship and start supporting Madrid, I know I know, Barca just won a treble, and since I'm a glory hunter I should stay put with them. But Barca don't have the supergalacticos that I can lactate over for the next few seasons...

HALA MADRIDDDDDD! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Real have apparently had an offer on Udinese player, Gaetano Dagostino for €20 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    This would be the best team in the world, but I'm hoping with all my heart Alonso doesn't sign for them...

Diarra
    Alonso

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery
    Benzema

**** me what a team. Before some smart arse points out, I know i've left out the defence and goalie!

that is one frightening looking team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Puh, Diarra does not have any right to be with those names, but ya, if Alonso signs, which I reckon he will, going forward that is a scary looking team. Their defense could well let them down though, but that is sounding more and more like a silly cliché at this stage. But Ribery probably wont be there either, so will Robben switch wings to stay or will the likes of Higuain be pushed out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Superhands wrote: »
    that is one frightening looking team

and of course the real fans wont tolerate raul being left out will they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They have two top top team, assuming a coach can get a system to work [which is a ****ing huge assumption] but imo, Barca's front 6 would still be better than that.

The front 4's are pretty bloody close, but the 2 midfielders are a world of difference.

Yaya
    Xavi

Iniesta
    ---Messi
    Henry--
    Eto

is better imo.

Eto is better than Benzema
    Messi is equal to Ronaldo [or slightly better or worse whatever]
    Ribery is slightly better than Henry, but only just imo.
    Kaka is better than Iniesta, just.
    Xavi is far superior to Alonso.
    Yaya Toure is far superior to Diarra.

Barca's is better, and could improve significantly still. Madrid don't even have Alonso yet.

Beyond that, no defence :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Before some smart arse points out, I know i've left out the defence and goalie!

No worries. So has Valdano/Butragueno/Pellegrini/Perez :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Id have to disagree that Kaka is better than Iniesta

Kaka is a great player but is slightly over rated imo (here comes the serie A fanatics )

Iniesta is one the best players in the world

Messi Messi Messi Messi > Ronaldo. ;)

Either way, with the way thing are going, the two supercup ties in August will be fascinating, with two of the potentially best attacks in the world! Hopefully they won't get Ribery, and we get Villa/ Guiza/ Mata....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eZe^ wrote: »

Either way, with the way thing are going, the two supercup ties in August will be fascinating, with two of the potentially best attacks in the world! Hopefully they won't get Ribery, and we get Villa/ Guiza/ Mata....

I heard Ribery was close to a barca move,have you heard anything?

and btw ill be supporting barca in the league and domestic cups all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Headshot wrote: »
    Id have to disagree that Kaka is better than Iniesta

Kaka is a great player but is slightly over rated imo (here comes the serie A fanatics )

Iniesta is one the best players in the world

I'll back this man 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This would be the best team in the world, but I'm hoping with all my heart Alonso doesn't sign for them...

Diarra
    Alonso

Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Ribery
    Benzema

**** me what a team. Before some smart arse points out, I know i've left out the defence and goalie!

Which Diarra is that? Lasanna or mah...mahhamamma.... mahammamdmou?

This best team lark is a bit mad, great teams on paper only win paper cups. Madrid have a very strong frontline but its full of egos and a godboy. No manager will get them playing as a unit. Pellegrini gonna get 3 years pay for 4 months work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Guiza? Daniel Guiza? Haven't heard that rumour yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote: »
    They have two top top team, assuming a coach can get a system to work [which is a ****ing huge assumption] but imo, Barca's front 6 would still be better than that.

The front 4's are pretty bloody close, but the 2 midfielders are a world of difference.

Yaya
    Xavi

Iniesta
    ---Messi
    Henry--
    Eto

is better imo.

Eto is better than Benzema
    Messi is equal to Ronaldo [or slightly better or worse whatever]
    Ribery is slightly better than Henry, but only just imo.
    Kaka is better than Iniesta, just.
    Xavi is far superior to Alonso.
    Yaya Toure is far superior to Diarra.

Barca's is better, and could improve significantly still. Madrid don't even have Alonso yet.

Beyond that, no defence :)

Splitting hairs there somewhat. The reason for Barca being the force they are is down to their work ethic. If that new Real Madrid of next season can play as a group in the way that Barca done last season, it would be a toss up as to who would win.

Both are epic teams with similar perceived weaknesses, i.e. their defence.

With a proper manager who actually made an effort to sort out the defence, Real could be fantastic.
    Let's face it, their defence is full of internationals who were signed for many millions. They're not bad players, they just don't seem to have been coached properly or there is direct orders to focus on attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Juande Ramos did try to sort out the defence last season and they still ended up taking hammerings such as the 4-0 against Liverpool and the 6-2 loss against Barca. Sergio Ramos is quality going forward but he's poor defensively, Pepe is ok but needs a lot of improvment and he's going to miss a lot of games due to suspension, Marcelo is similar to Ramos good going forward not so much defensively, Heinze is past it, i cant really comment on Albiol haven't seen much of him. Whatever happens Real Madrid will always be about attacking football, the likes of Capello and Schuster tried to play a more balanced conservative game and won championships doing it but still got the boot.

It's a toss up who'll win the league next season it will go down to the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Where do Madrid get all of this money from? I know that they financed their last 'galacticos' by selling-off their training ground to the government, but how has the government helped them this time around...?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Kevster wrote: »
    Where do Madrid get all of this money from? I know that they financed their last 'galacticos' by selling-off their training ground to the government, but how has the government helped them this time around...?:cool:
    Do some research.

Their old training ground was sold to private companies, not the government.

eZe^ wrote:
    Either way, with the way thing are going, the two supercup ties in August will be fascinating, with two of the potentially best attacks in the world!

Super Cup is against Bilbao no??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

kinaldo wrote: »
    Do some research.

Ah... I didn't know that. It goes to show what you learn when you listen to conspiracy theorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Has Ribery gone to Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Why, where you seeing/hearing this? Can't find any mention of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Why, where you seeing/hearing this? Can't find any mention of it.

A friend was said it to me this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Do some research.

yes but it was conveniently rezoned by the government to facilitate the deal, and didnt they get given a new training ground for free or something like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

yes but it was conveniently rezoned by the government to facilitate the deal, and didnt they get given a new training ground for free or something like that?

The land was rezoned about 4 years before it was sold and the training ground was given to them by the company who bought the old one, not the government.

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Nope not yet, but apparently Barca offered Hleb, Guddy and some dosh for him... ;)

Real Madrid are losing 1-0 to Juventus in the Peace Cup... =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i have a feeling you may not find it so amusing next season eze!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i have a feeling you may not find it so amusing next season eze!

Meh... Let's see...

Casillas would be the only Madrid player that would make Barca's first XI better...

Ronaldo?

• Advertisement

Ronaldo?

Messi's better.

Look at Madrids possible strongest starting XI next year.

Casillas

Ramos
    Pepe
    Albiol
    Arbeloa---

Diarra
    Alonso

Kaka

--Ronaldo
    Benzema
    Robben

Valdes

Alves
    Pique
    Puyol
    Maxwell--

Toure

Iniesta
    Xavi

--Messi
    Ibrahimovic
    Henry

Casillas is the only better Madrid player imo... Plus, factor in that 7 of those Madrid players haven't even played for the club for more that 6 months, it'll take months for that team to gel. I'd still rather have Barca's team....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Ronaldo?

Messi?

curry-muff wrote: »
    Messi?

Surely Ronaldo could fit in instead of Henry.

Ronaldo can play perfectly on the left instead of Henry.

a good argument could also be made for Alonso/Diara instead of Yaya, Kaka instead of Xavi/Iniesta, Albiol instead of Puyol/Pique.

wouldn't get smug is all i'm saying.

there was 9 points between the two sides last year, Ronaldo could make that difference up himself imo. Add in the likes of Benzema,Kaka & Albiol...and possibly the likes of Alonso & Ribery....9 points? nothing tbh.

on top of this, you've gotten rid of a 30 goal a season striker.

Ronaldo can play perfectly on the left instead of Henry.

a good argument could also be made for Alonso/Diara instead of Yaya, Kaka instead of Xavi/Iniesta, Albiol instead of Puyol/Pique.

wouldn't get smug is all i'm saying.

there was 9 points between the two sides last year, Ronaldo could make that difference up himself imo. Add in the likes of Benzema,Kaka & Albiol...and possibly the likes of Alonso & Ribery....9 points? nothing tbh.

on top of this, you've gotten rid of a 30 goal a season striker.

Albiol instead of Pique or Puyol? Hahaha, have you ever even watched him play? Alonso wouldn't be compared to Yaya, he would be up against Xavi/ Iniesta, in which he is quite inferior in nearly every department. Diarra is also nowhere near as good as Yaya at a combination of destroying and creating.

Barca's midfield is actually flawless at the moment, and sure, Kaka MAY improve it, but the addition of a skilled individual does not guarantee sucess. However, two midfielders who have played with each other since they were 10 years old, and who have recently won the first treble in any Spanish teams history, that gives me more confidence.

Sure Madrid COULD go on to be the best team in the planet next year, and can quite easily go toe to toe with Barcelona in the skill department, that doesn't change the fact that Barcelona at the moment ARE the best team on the planet. Until Madrid prove they can do the business on the field their high profile signings mean nothing.

Ronaldo just scored a nice penalty, interestingly enough it was an old Galactico, Raul, that won it.

Albiol instead of Pique or Puyol? Hahaha, have you ever even watched him play?

yep, he is very good, kept an eye on him for a while as he has been linked with a move to us for a long time. he is not perfect or the finished product, by any means, but there is nothing between him & the two Barca lads who are hardly defensive greats.
    Alonso wouldn't be compared to Yaya, he would be up against Xavi/ Iniesta, in which he is quite inferior in nearly every department. Diarra is also nowhere near as good as Yaya at a combination of destroying and creating.

Alonso could very easilt play in the deeper role at Barca that Yaya plays. And he'd be better at it than Yaya. I think a lot of people will start spunking over Alonso next season if he moves to Real.
    Barca's midfield is actually flawless at the moment, and sure, Kaka MAY improve it, but the addition of a skilled individual does not guarantee sucess. However, two midfielders who have played with each other since they were 10 years old, and who have recently won the first treble in any Spanish teams history, that gives me more confidence.

Barcas midfield couldn't win the league title 2 of the last 3 years, with the same players being involved in it.

Real being a more stable enviroment next year, which i think it will, could easily tip that balance of power that slightly favoured Barca last year back to Real.

Hence why i think mocking Real or smugness would not be the best route to go down.

yep, he is very good, kept an eye on him for a while as he has been linked with a move to us for a long time. he is not perfect or the finished product, by any means, but there is nothing between him & the two Barca lads who are hardly defensive greats.

He was Valencia's worst CB last year and the year before, in a Valencia side that was absolutely dire defensively. Conceding 54 and 62 goals in the past two seasons. Barcelona with Pique and Puyol this year were the best team in the league defensively, and Pique put on a masterclass in a CL final... And as much criticism as Puyol gets, he has been the captain of a team that has won 2 CL, 3 leagues and a Copa Del Rey in the past 5 years. Albiol was flogged from his boyhood club when all he wanted to do was spend the rest of his career there. This was also after Valencia were bailed out of their financial difficulty.

Alonso could very easilt play in the deeper role at Barca that Yaya plays. And he'd be better at it than Yaya. I think a lot of people will start spunking over Alonso next season if he moves to Real.

Alonso doesn't have the physicality to break up play the same way Toure does, he is obviously better at distributing, but he isn't as balanced as Toure when it comes to the particular mould of DMF that Barca need. People may be spunking over Alonso next year, but it won't be because he played in a Toure position, he will be implemented like Xavi or Iniesta, and as I have said before, he is inferior to both in nearly every department imo. If Real utilise Alonso as a DMF next season, and he outperforms Yaya Toure, I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Barcas midfield could win the league title 2 of the last 3 years, with the same players being involved in it.

Toure/ Busquets/ Keita weren't a part of the Barca midfield 3 years ago, Toure came in the season before last. Also, that Barca midfield (infact the entire team) operated completely differently before Pep came in, they now hassle and hound the opposition when not in possession, that's been the key difference between having no silverware, and winning the league, CL and Copa Del Rey. To compare the midfield of Xavi-Toure-Iniesta of this year and the years previous is like comparing two midfields with different personnel, they operate differently now, and to say they aren't the most complete midfield in the world atm is imo false.

Real being a more stable enviroment next year, which i think it will, could easily tip that balance of power that slightly favoured Barca last year back to Real.
    Hence why i think mocking Real or smugness would not be the best route to go down.

So I'm not allowed laugh at Madrid, Barcelona's main rivals, for being dire in preseason so far? DESPITE admitting that there is every possibility they could go on to win the Liga and/or CL this season? Find that a little funny tbh...

So I'm not allowed laugh at Madrid, Barcelona's main rivals, for being dire in preseason so far? DESPITE admitting that there is every possibility they could go on to win the Liga and/or CL this season? Find that a little funny tbh...

lol, ya can mock whoever you want :D

i'm just saying it may come back & bite you in the arse is all

Well, they are 2-1 down to Juventus now... ;)

can't believe you are using pre-season as ANY sort of barometer! :shakes head:

• Advertisement

can't believe you are using pre-season as ANY sort of barometer! :shakes head:

Obviously I'm not... Madrid are playing an inferior team in most departments to Juve, I just enjoy seeing them lose...

Ronaldo just had a hard studs below the knee cap tackle there. Seems ok though.

Borrusia Dortmund celebtated 100 years tonight losing 0-5 at home to Madrid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSImsaEtxMA

The second goal, a missile like volley from outside the box by Robben, is insane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kaka involved in 4 of the goals, his through balls for the first and third were inch perfect, his first showed why he is the best number 10 on the planet!

Looks like Inter have missed out on Sneijder. Marca are reporting that he's succeeded in his battle to stay at the Bernabéu.

Forgotton man Ruud Van Nistelrooy also made his long waited return last night against Rosenberg, while Benzema impressed again with another great goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Meh... Let's see...

Casillas would be the only Madrid player that would make Barca's first XI better...
    I would rather Benzema over Ibra anyday in my forward line. Apart from that I agree with you.

K4t wrote: »
    I would rather Benzema over Ibra anyday in my forward line. Apart from that I agree with you.

I wouldn't agree, I rate Higuain higher than Benzema tbh.. Shame he's going to be relegated to the shadows of the Bernabeu.

Higuain will play his way into the Real team IMO. He is pure class. Single handedly kept Real in the title push last season. Agreed with above, would rate him higher than Benzema. I also find it hard to believe people rate him higher than Ibra. Has Benzema ever done much apart from a goal or two against Man U? Lyon are a good side in a poor league. Inter were a good team in the 3rd best league in Europe.

el mundo now reporting that Sneijder's Inter move is back on...

grrr :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

el mundo now reporting that Sneijder's Inter move is back on...

grrr :(

bad place for him to go imo!

Advertisement