Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XIV. Round 16. *Will contain Spoilers*

Options
  • 12-06-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Fri 12 Jun
    St. Helens v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00
    Hull Kingston Rovers v Harlequins RL KO 20:00 *SKY*

Sat 13 Jun
    Celtic Crusaders v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00
    Wakefield Wildcats v Hull FC KO 18:00 *SKY*

Sun 14
    Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00
    Warrington Wolves v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00

Really looking forward to KR v Quins tonight. Something tells me its going to be a cracker. Wakey/FC should be interesting too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Tonight homes, tomorrow aways, Sunday homes.

The live game tonight should be close enough at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Was one of few people to tip Quinns this week on the Wakey forum predictions thread. Thought that KR were heading into a bit of a slump.

Predicted that there would be home wins for Saints, Wakey and Warrington and away wins for Wigan and the other surprise of the round to be Huddersfield winning at Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Was one of few people to tip Quinns this week on the Wakey forum predictions thread. Thought that KR were heading into a bit of a slump.

Predicted that there would be home wins for Saints, Wakey and Warrington and away wins for Wigan and the other surprise of the round to be Huddersfield winning at Leeds.

For once, I to had gotten it right with a Quins victory prediction. A very good win. Completely demolished KR at home, not an easy task. Quins are starting to look very promising coming into the play-offs..seem to have timed their season virtally perfectly with some outstanding individuals (Randall, McCarthy-Scaysbrook etc...) hitting rich veins of form....

They'll definitely be in the mix at seasons end..Oh an thanks Wakey for pitting your evil-eye like Mockers on the rhinos, thats all I need....!!

toomevara wrote: »
    For once, I to had gotten it right with a Quins victory prediction. A very good win. Completely demolished KR at home, not an easy task. Quins are starting to look very promising coming into the play-offs..seem to have timed their season virtally perfectly with some outstanding individuals (Randall, McCarthy-Scaysbrook etc...) hitting rich veins of form....

They'll definitely be in the mix at seasons end..Oh an thanks Wakey for pitting your evil-eye like Mockers on the rhinos, thats all I need....!!

Think Brian McDermott is the best young British coach in SL (of course he's a Wakey lad!). Has done wonders without any 'star' players.

As for Leeds, just think they will miss Peacock and Maguire more than the Giants will miss Moore and Crabtree. Rhinos seem to have lost that intensity, that has been their cornerstone of success, at the moment. Think the Giants, with their swarming defense, will have a greater desire for the win - which is very much the deciding factor in a very close SL this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Delighted with Quins showing yesterday, McDermott is a class coach. Just a worry as to how long we can hang on to him.

I think a promising sign is just how many of the players we have signed up for at least another season, too many years in the past we have seen an exodus.

I think the coaches highlighted the difference with RL and soccer with post match quotes.

Morgan said he had injuries and a lot of changes (which is very true) but didn't make big play of it (unlike football managers who would spend 20 mins. saying who was out and how hard done by they were)

Brian said how well we played but even highlighted KRs injury problems and certainly didn't go overboard.

True gentlemen, it seems, as are most who are associated with RL.

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Delighted with Quins showing yesterday, McDermott is a class coach. Just a worry as to how long we can hang on to him.

I think a promising sign is just how many of the players we have signed up for at least another season, too many years in the past we have seen an exodus.

I think the coaches highlighted the difference with RL and soccer with post match quotes.

Morgan said he had injuries and a lot of changes (which is very true) but didn't make big play of it (unlike football managers who would spend 20 mins. saying who was out and how hard done by they were)

Brian said how well we played but even highlighted KRs injury problems and certainly didn't go overboard.

True gentlemen, it seems, as are most who are associated with RL.

I would imagine that Brian would be top of the list for many teams as a replacement coach (such as the upcoming vacancy at Bradford;)) but not only is Brian a true gentleman he is also very loyal and it would take an extremely temptimg offer to get him to leave Quinns.

Tut, tut Celtic have messed up my predictions :D:D:D Yes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jesus are Wigan the primest example of a Jekyll/Hyde team ever or wha.

amacachi wrote: »
    Jesus are Wigan the primest example of a Jekyll/Hyde team ever or wha.

I would say Wakey would run them close on that one:D

Great to see Celtic clock up a win at Bridgend...especially against Wigan! Christ, FC are bad (or were Wakey very good;)). Brough had a lovely game, really disheartened to see the ground 3/4, half full considering the nature of the game...Wildcats deserve more.

On an aside, shame about the international last night. France getting trolleyed like that does the game no favours...too many big guns up front missing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wakefield v Hull was some game lovely advert for the game

Stev_o wrote: »
    Wakefield v Hull was some game lovely advert for the game

It's like Phil Clarke put it - Wakefield are erratic. They can play some of the most scintillating attacking rugby then forget to tackle:confused:

I think they have come out of their bad patch now and will be pushing hard for a top 8 place. Can see one or two other teams hitting a bad patch soon, which will make the fight for play-off places very exciting. Only a brave man would predict the top 8 at this point in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    It's like Phil Clarke put it - Wakefield are erratic. They can play some of the most scintillating attacking rugby then forget to tackle:confused:

I think they have come out of their bad patch now and will be pushing hard for a top 8 place. Can see one or two other teams hitting a bad patch soon, which will make the fight for play-off places very exciting. Only a brave man would predict the top 8 at this point in the season.

Very true but you could see especially in the second half that Wakefield where going to sleep and already thought the game was won, now thankfully for them Hull left it to late to get a comeback but against better teams the Wildcats won't have that luxury. Have to admire some of Hulls passing especially leading up to Brough intercept it was terribly unlucky that he got it because that one of been one of the best tries this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cmonnn Bradford. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Wigan were always going to struggle this year. Barrett was inspirational last year, and Leuluai complemented him. Even with a number of top youngsters coming through they were never going to replace Barrett. In saying that they'll probably go on and win the grand final now .... or is that wishful thinking lol

Newton has just gone over for Bulls, 21-6 up now at the Wire. Cmon bradford hold on for another win :eek:

And Bradford win 21-10, impressive away win against the wire.

Leeds got late scores to see off Hudderfield it seems, last minute and Watkins got his second try of the game to lead 20-12

Good win for Leeds, especially as without some key players....good win for the Bulls too...might give us a game at headingley in a couple of weeks!;)

Advertisement