Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sega Genesis Week on XBL

• 12-06-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

I know most of these games were in the recent Megadrive Ultimate Collection (all but Gunstar Heroes), but at 400 points a pop, they're a nice impulse buy.

Shinobi is an old favourite of mine, so I picked that up. Easy enough to finish if you know the levels backwards, but its interesting to see how much harder the hardest mode is -- extra enemies (that move faster), more guys with guns lying on the ground, more ninjas). Haven't played it that way before, so I'll give it a go.

One thing that detracts from them is the ability to save the game state at any point in the game. Die? Reload and try again. Removes all semblance of skill from the game if you use it. They should have only allowed saving between levels (or missions).

Nice games at 400 each (12 achievements/200 points each), and they have full screen resize and smoothing options to make the graphics look nice on a big screen.

The games are: Shinobi, Sonic 3, Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star 2, Altered Beast and Comix Zone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Gunstar Heroes is a definite purchase, the rest are just meh! Was shocked at the size of the download, 14Mb!

400 points aint a bad price either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Gunstar Heroes. Result.
    The dice palace level is worth the 400 points alone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Got the Sega Genesis Collection back in March, pitty they didn't release more that aren't on the disc.
    I had never played Altered Beat before but I quite like it. "Wise from your grave!" brilliant.
    Wheres Eartworm Jem eh? Mamimum Carnage?

I had never played Altered Beat before but I quite like it. "Wise from your grave!" brilliant.

*Cough* Arise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

The Wal wrote: »
    *Cough* Arise ;)

I know its supposed to be that, just the compression makes it sound otherwise.:)

• Advertisement

:o Touche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I know its supposed to be that, just the compression makes it sound otherwise.:)

It sounded the exact same in the Arcade version back in the day. For some reason through the C64 port didn't have it though. Hmmmmm. Better then Gorf looking for your cash..... "INNNSWERT QWOIN"

Back on track though, really wish they'd bring Landstalker out on XBL. That game was massive, and savage at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

gunstar heroes is one of those games that improves with analogue controls

purely because its no longer a b*tch to use the blue character with his 360 shooting. (I kept grabbing blue laser and green stars to avoid having to cut my thumbs aiming.)

Sonic 3 on the other hand :( does not. I cant understand why they are selling this without & knuckles attached.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Sonic 3 on the other hand :( does not. I cant understand why they are selling this without & knuckles attached.

a-million-dollars.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Pay DLC anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd be happy enough paying another 400 points for Sonic & Knuckles, especially if they allowed you to play Sonic 2 as Knuckles. The Megadrive Sonic games hold a special place in my heart though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was going to get one or two of these and then I realized Sam and Max is out next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

chrislad wrote: »
    I was going to get one or two of these and then I realized Sam and Max is out next week :)

Really... That's a result.... 1200 I'm guessing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i dont get this, ok sonic 3 and knuckles was meant to be the same game but it never was released as one. they are separate games, why cant people accept that?

i love sonic 3, i even find that because its so short, i can blast through it in relative ease. sonic and knuckles though is like a separate game (which it is) in that the level design isnt as good and the music is not up to scratch. in fact you could say, i hate sonic and knuckles AND Sonic CD, just not up to sonic 1-3 standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really... That's a result.... 1200 I'm guessing??

1600, actually....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I remember that sonic and knuckles game, you had to attach to cartidges together!

Advertisement