Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sam and Max Save The World

• 12-06-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how this'll be without a mouse (or wiimote!), but since I only played episode 1 (and loved the original Lucasarts game on the PC), I'll give it a go. There are 6 episodes, and they take 2-3 hours each, so its good value (and alot of laughs) for €20.
    The first season of Telltale's episodic adventure series Sam & Max is to be released via Xbox Live next week.

Sam & Max Save the World will cost 1600 Microsoft Points (GBP 13.60 / EUR 19.20). For that you'll get the six episodes first published on PC in 2006 and 2007, complete with improved gameplay and HD visuals.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sam-and-max-s1-coming-to-xbox-live

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'll definitely be buying it. Good value that. And I loved the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

YES! ... I've been waiting for this for ages. Can't wait to download it next week - I've tried out the Wallace & Grommit demo released a couple of weeks ago (from the same company) and it works really well.

Time to stock up on some MS Points, methinks.... Especially with Monkey Island coming out, too :) ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

August is going to be hell on the wallet.... Another Summer of Arcade on the Marketplace. Shadow Complex, 'Splosion Man and Monkey Island Special Edition are all must-buys for me, and TMNT Turtles in Time and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be popular to others....

Especially Shadow Complex though.... Presentation and Trailer.

Offtopic but it's related to arcade which is being discussed here....are the following games worth buying :

Cellfactor
    Rtype Dimensions
    Loderunner
    Assault Heroes
    1942:Joint Strike
    Galaga Legions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Flaccus wrote: »
    Offtopic but it's related to arcade which is being discussed here....are the following games worth buying :

Cellfactor. Don't know it.

Rtype Dimensions. Hard as nails. Rtype 1 and 2 in one game. Nice updated graphics. If you like R-Type, go for it (try the demo).

Loderunner. Never liked the original, but the update looks good. Didn't buy it though. Lots of levels, so good value.

Assault Heroes. Preferred it to AH2. Fun game, and a good co-op game. try the demo - the full game is more of the same.

1942:Joint Strike. Pretty average actually. I bought it, but never played it after the week I got it. Pretty short too.

Galaga Legions. Pretty wave shooter that is galaga in name only. Nothing like the original. Didn't like it based on the demo.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Yeah, I tried all the demos. I liked Rtype but too hard and infinite lives is cheesy I think. Liked 1942 but could see it getting boring quickly if its more of the same. Same with Galaga. Think I'll go for Loderunner and AH for sure. Cellfactor is only out a couple of weeks. Seems like a UT clone with psi powers. Thought the demo was decent but with games like UT3,Halo3 out, I'm not sure I see the point of it. The psi powers sort of sucked too. Already got Outrun,Ikaruga (very hard),Scramble and a few others. Weirdly I thought Castelvania which got great reviews sucked. Same with Braid. Just didn't appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You have no soul if you don't like Symphony of the Night.

Advertisement