Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finglas Village (4am Project)

• 12-06-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

So after getting a phonecall from the girlfriend at 1.30am (she was worried about the cats) and then having watched The Simpsons Movie, I set out with the camera, unable to sleep due to the copious amounts of caffine consumed during the fillum.

Here are the results:

3619278412_11aaca24d4.jpg

3619269408_e422900c99.jpg

3618474163_49640a8145.jpg

3618457151_0fabc3d749.jpg

3618468955_a583b668c9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Nice pics man, I have never thought of Finglas Village as a photo spot, but I guess everywhere is!
    Kinda mad there there are no cars or people about, even at 4am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It was pretty spooky.
    There were taxis passing by every now and then, so it was safe enough, but the carpark was eerie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

+1

Best time of the day to have a walk with the camera - if you don't mind looking like a lulu!

BTW - the third one is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

You should have asked for a photobuddy;) (I know it was a spontaneous excursion)

The church is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

mrmac wrote: »
    if you don't mind looking like a lulu!

LMAO at that. Say what you like about oul Bertie, but he certailnly had his own special relationship with the English language

• Advertisement

Really?
    The curch is my least fave of the five. It looks nothing like I wanted. The sun was breaking over to the left, but I just couldnt get it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I like the 4th, it shows the eerieness of your project ! If you look long enough at the pic someone sticks their head out behind the skip !:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

The sky looks great in #2. Is there dirt on your sensor? Showing a bit in 3 & 5?

Yup. I had it cleaned and then cleaned it myself, but it just wont go away.
    Fortunately my new Sigma 24-70 2.8 arrived today! :D Not as wide, but so much sharper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    It was pretty spooky.
    There were taxis passing by every now and then, so it was safe enough, but the carpark was eerie!

:eek: Found at 5 this morning by a taxi driver in Finglas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Really?
    The curch is my least fave of the five. It looks nothing like I wanted. The sun was breaking over to the left, but I just couldnt get it right!

Yes really. It is different than the others that are more spooky/eerie. But still it has a "nice" loneliness. And I like the light and shadows and the sense of the day beginning. Quite possible that it is different to me as you were there.

@whyulittle: That's exactly what came first to my mind when I read the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

I've never seen the place looking so good!

I really like these actually,there's something beautifully haunting about them.They have a real "28 days later" look about them.

Cheers lads/ladies.

And just to clear up, I have been to the Gardai to give all information about what I'd seen that night. The scary thing is the house I was going back to (i.e. my girldfriends) was on the road in question... :eek:

Advertisement