Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegetarian forum meetup at Hell*

Options

Comments

maameeo wrote: »
    oooh im hungry now!!
    whats boxty?

oh and iv never been to cornucopia either and i live pretty near city! duno why, cud be that its on the south side *snub*
    lol :P

I just can't fathom that! :eek:

Boxty is a potato pancake. It is the ultimate soul food for culchies.
    I was the only man there. :p

Cornucopia for breakfast and the pub all day???

Relax I'll be at the next one....:pac:

I used to term love to hastily before. I really <3 your idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I just can't fathom that! :eek:

I used to term love to hastily before. I really <3 your idea!

ahhh! see im not a culchie, ya big culchie ya! :P
    so like the dublins secret coddle, u guys have boxty?

hey actually, is there a way to make veggie coddle? (not sure im spelling it right, its such a well kept secret, even the spelling is secret!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so like the dublins secret coddle, u guys have boxty?

hey actually, is there a way to make veggie coddle? (not sure im spelling it right, its such a well kept secret, even the spelling is secret!)

There is, my girlfriend made it for me. I never heard of it until she brought it up a few months ago, so i do't know what the meaty version is like, but this is what we did, it's practically my favourite dish. The first one we made was potato, fake ham, fake sausages and vegetable bouillion mixed with water. Just stuck it in the oven and it was great. It has since evolved to include things like chickpeas/spinach/onion/carrot whatever you want. It's so easy to make as you just throw it in a pot and it comes out delicious. She got me to make it for her one day, I think I made so much by accident we could have eat it alone for a week.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

GOD YEAH! I didn't make it for ages, then eventually I thought I'd try it. Pick up some veggie bacon or ham slices and throw it in some vegetable boullion, in a heavy oven pot with halved potatoes and sliced onions (fry a little first), then cover with boiling water. Add veggie sausages (I recommend Veggie Choice) after 30 min or so of cooking. Cook for 40 to 45 min in total (whenever potatoes are cooked).

Breakfast Menu - Served from 8.30am until 12 noon - Monday to Saturday. Prices from €7.50- €9.95

But it doesn't look very vegan friendly. No sign of scrambled tofu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

You're not a man! ...are you?!
    But it doesn't look very vegan friendly. No sign of scrambled tofu.

And whatever about vegan friendly, it certainly doesn't look soya-intolerant-vegan friendly! *sigh* I have to be awkward, don't I? :P What's the earliest they do lunch?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

-lala- wrote: »
    I'm just a girl!
    And whatever about vegan friendly, it certainly doesn't look soya-intolerant-vegan friendly! *sigh* I have to be awkward, don't I? :P What's the earliest they do lunch?
    We could go on the breakfast lunch borderline? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

this is why alot of Dubs aint heard of it...:pac:

hey actually, is there a way to make veggie coddle?
    There would HAVE to be a way yeah, and the versions Tar and Sweet-Rasmus described should have plenty of onion, carrots and i've seen peas in one version too lol.
    I'll let the secret out then...NOPE she is pure woman.

p.s. Tar...i is a man...its true, we just didn't talk about all those man things like biting through steel, chopping trees down with our bare hands, going within 1000mi of Chuck Norris after saying he is a sissy girl and drinking enough to down a moose...:pac:

There would HAVE to be a way yeah, and the versions Tar and Sweet-Rasmus described should have plenty of onion, carrots and i've seen peas in one version too lol.
    Oh wait mine had peas in it too, teh only way I like garden peas in fact. Apart from when I was a young child and I used to go inot the garden and eat them out of the pod. :eek:
    p.s. Tar...i is a man...its true, we just didn't talk about all those man things like biting through steel, chopping trees down with our bare hands, going within 1000mi of Chuck Norris after saying he is a sissy girl and drinking enough to down a moose...:pac:
    God I bit through some tough steel earlier, or it might of been some new super-alloy. Who knows, we do not ask questions, we just manify it.

I'm just a girl!

Stoppit!

We could go on the breakfast lunch borderline? :)

Sounds like a fabulous plan. :D

• Advertisement

Oh wait mine had peas in it too, teh only way I like garden peas in fact. Apart from when I was a young child and I used to go inot the garden and eat them out of the pod. :eek:
    My mam used to do that too! (half the family are country folk)

I bit through some tough steel earlier, or it might of been some new super-alloy. Who knows, we do not ask questions, we just manify it.
    ahh its just like being in college again (some of us sports students would greet each other with one phrase not so quietly, "MEN!!!":D)

Ah yes, I love carrot :D But the OH does not. Hence, recipe was not allowed to have carrot. *sigh*

Ah yes, I love carrot :D

Raw, washed carrot...nyom!! Love it:D

Carrot for president!

I am learning to like carrot, I eat it in springrolls, and fried etc. It'll take time to see if I can ever really like it though!

I am learning to like carrot, I eat it in springrolls, and fried etc. It'll take time to see if I can ever really like it though!

Well it's good to know you're learning. You'll get there eventually! I highly recommend it in stews.

carrots are great, especially raw carrot sticks! num num!
    how do ya think i got my hair so orange!!!
    breakfast/lunch thing?? what time wud that be?

carrots are great, especially raw carrot sticks! num num!
    yes they are, gotta love that taste:)
    well thanks to some insider information we know it wasnt ketchup:P

yes they are, gotta love that taste:)
    well thanks to some insider information we know it wasnt ketchup:P

eew eew eew!

dont even joke about that!!! *shudder*

Some form of natural disaster??? ;)
    maameeo wrote:
    breakfast/lunch thing?? what time wud that be?

I'll just try and look up their times now.

Breakfast Menu - Served from 8.30am until 12 noon - Monday to Saturday. Prices from €7.50- €9.95

Lunch/Dinner menu monday-friday 12-9, saturday 12-8 and sunday 12-7

So I imagine having to turn up 20 or so minutes before noon on a saturday? Dunno, I'm not good with times!

• Advertisement

I'm more of one than Master of Nothing :P (Who's Jack Brabham? MON)

Good god! That must be awkward.

I'm not too impressed by this breakfast menu either.
    It seems expensive for what your getting.

How about if we planned going in on a Sunday, or in the evening...When it is quiet?
    It might be a difficult to chat in the throws of the lunch rush.

I'm more of one than Master of Nothing :P (Who's Jack Brabham? MON)
    That doesnt say much for me really considering you're already feminine:P oh and without resorting to a search, all that i can sort of remember is that he was a legendary racing driver or designer? Am i right?

oh and without resorting to a search, all that i can sort of remember is that he was a legendary racing driver or designer? Am i right?

You just know that because I learned ya.

~smug smile at the idea someone thinks I'm the f word~ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

goddam it. I knew there was something I meant to do. sorry I totally forgot about the meet up. I sure you all had fun. let me know when the next one is and I'll tattoo a reminder to the inside of my eyelids!!

I suppose somebody will have to make a thread when they want the next meet enough, to discuss it by its lonesome.

See you at the next one smegmar, jape never showed either! Not to mention the only vegetarian I know that gets food poisoning.. :p

Some form of natural disaster??? ;)

wait... hold up... did u just call my hair a form of natural disaster??!

*sulks*

is there no redhead here to defend me??!

ahem, master of nothing, thats ur queue!

*sulks*

I think you need a more manly redhead to uplhold your besmirched honour, get in here moonbaby!

*sulks*

Shush! You let them thing it was water off a ducks back.
    Until they are blathered drunk and incapable of minding themselves. Then revenge is ours. :D

Not to mention the only vegetarian I know that gets food poisoning.. :p

I'm not going to ponder those implications.... Close eyes and repeat. *New meet free utensils* *New meet free utensils* *New meet free utensils* *New meet free utensils*

• Advertisement

Shush! You let them thing it was water off a ducks back.
    Until they are blathered drunk and incapable of minding themselves. Then revenge is ours. :D

i likes, i likes *evil cackle*

Advertisement