Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegetarian forum meetup at Hell*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Shush! You let them thing it was water off a ducks back.
    Until they are blathered drunk and incapable of minding themselves. Then revenge is ours. :D
    maameeo wrote: »
    i likes, i likes *evil cackle*

*wakes up after veggie pub meeting*

*puts hand in hair*

*something not quite right, it's a bit damp*

*hand comes away red*

*what..wha..what have you.. done to me?*

*moonbaby and maameeo chant one of us, one of us, one of us*

/joins redhead appreciation society.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

*wakes up after veggie pub meeting*

*puts hand in hair*

*something not quite right, it's a bit damp*

*hand comes away red*

*what..wha..what have you.. done to me?*

*moonbaby and maameeo chant one of us, one of us, one of us*

/joins redhead appreciation society.

aww frick!!!, there goes that plan!

/goes off to hatch an even more cunning plan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

*sulks*

is there no redhead here to defend me??!

ahem, master of nothing, thats ur queue!
    Hold on fair maiden for i shall defend your honour!!

*why is my horse gone?*

Hold on fair maiden for i shall defend your honour!!

*why is my horse gone?*

loss of stallion in time of need, what kind of knight are u! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement

LMAO!
    excellent!

see master of nothing...improvise! :P

I would have gotten you too if it wasn't for that damn car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Oh! We mentioned coddle earlier. Just to throw this in here:
    15011_1464598733733_1196435771_1314094_4950131_n.jpg
    Vegan coddle :)

Oh! We mentioned coddle earlier. Just to throw this in here:
    Vegan coddle :)

aww wow, that looks amazing!!
    def have to attempt that someday! :D

• Advertisement

It's nice with chickpeas, peas etc in it

It's nice with chickpeas, peas etc in it

goes without saying really!
    i put chickpeas in everything!!! :D

WOuld have said onions too, but I'd get in twoble.

I want coddle :/

WOuld have said onions too, but I'd get in twoble.

I want coddle :/

my friend made dinner for me yesterday and i had to chop the onions as small as i wanted them, needless to say my arm hurt...a lot!

i got them quite small though! :P

my friend made dinner for me yesterday and i had to chop the onions as small as i wanted them, needless to say my arm hurt...a lot!

i got them quite small though! :P

haha I remember doing that, i used to chop them so small, so you could barely see em until a month or two ago. It's amazing that once you start liking em small you start eating big chunks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hating to go off-topic (if it helps, as a side note, had two slices of purgatory for breakfast, another two for lunch, and 3 slices of damned for dinner today...)...

but how in the hell (ooh, still on topic! :o) do you make veggie coddle?

i generally cant cook wont cook, but i'd make exceptions for this...

if someone could write it in very very basic steps, i would be most appreciative? grateful, that's the word.

It's quite easy and delicious!

Get vegetarian bacon or ham slice things. Make a mixture of vegetable boullion and boiling water, add them together in an oven pot thing like in the picture, with the lid on.

You stick in chopped up potatoes, but still relatively large, and onions(fry a little for extra deliciousness first), add more water if needed, it just becomes delicious sauce type stuff, just cover above the potatoes with it anyway. Put in veggie sausages 20/30 min of cooking. And cook until the potatoes are done basically, so depending on the size of them it will be quicker/slower. You can add anything you like, I like spinach, chickpeas, garden peas and possibly carrot I suppose. I like to have the lid off for the last few minutes too.

It's easy because all it is is chopping and throwing it all in a pot to cook in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

As Tar.Aldarion said, but some extra points: for the boullion you might add 1 tsp of it to the boiling water you would have just added to the pot. Make sure you have added enough boiling water to cover the spuds. Or add a little bit of vecon instead of boullion. And add a tablespoon of flour to the mix - looks messy, but thickens it up. Stir it about before cooking, with lid on.

Timing depends on the size of potato - if you have halved medium sized spuds, go with about 40 mins, but you'll need to check if they are cooked before you decide to take it out of the oven.

Be careful of the very hot cooking pot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

so what's going on with the next meet up, I totally forgot about the last one and want to be there this time. is it in hell again?

Also I was wondering what's ther general profile of people that go? I don't want to be out of place with a bunch of kids or old timers,
    though I'm sure you're all great people

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055613338
    See this thread for info. Date not decided.

As for ages, we were mostly between 18 and 26, with one older and one younger I think it was. I too wondered if people would be similar age to me, oh some old 26 year old like maameeo. :P

If you wanna introduce yourself, here are some of us:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614772

• Advertisement

I too wondered if people would be similar age to me, oh some old 26 year old like maameeo.

I'm quite sure she will read this and end you at the next meetup:P *you do know she returns tomorrow dont you?;)* p.s. We aint old ok lol, dont pick on us redheads!

I'm pretty sure she will end me on gmail chat ahahah. oh god i need slep.
    anyway whate ajre poeple decind in this wewekend?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055613338
    See this thread for info. Date not decided.

As for ages, we were mostly between 18 and 26, with one older and one younger I think it was. I too wondered if people would be similar age to me, oh some old 26 year old like maameeo. :P

If you wanna introduce yourself, here are some of us:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614772

what what!!!!
    oooh u are so dead young man!

masterofnothing, u get brownie points for pulling him up on this! :)

what what!!!!
    oooh u are so dead young man!

masterofnothing, u get brownie points for pulling him up on this! :)

Oh crap you are not meant to see this, you were away! Noooo!
    Helm, evasion manouevres apha 2 :pac:

too late, the deed is done.
    now cower in fear!!!

/cower

no councillor troy! noooooooooo!

I have some serious making up/cowering to do on sat. :(

/cower

no councillor troy! noooooooooo!

I have some serious making up/cowering to do on sat. :(

yes, yes u do!!!

i might be late, ya know old age slows u down :P

Can't be late for our date meet up! Get out the walking stick.
    I'll be wearing what Deannas species do to weddings. :pac:

Can't be late for our date meet up! Get out the walking stick.
    I'll be wearing what Deannas species do to weddings. :pac:
    Ze Goggles...zey do NOTHING!!!

• Advertisement

Ze Goggles...zey do NOTHING!!!

Nerd alert :pac:

Advertisement