Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth recommendations?

• 12-06-2009 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I want to get a bluetooth kit for the Focus, I like the small Parrot units as they are quire discrete, anybody have any other recommendations?

Was thinking of the PARROT CK3100 LCD or the PARROT CK3200 LS-COLOR.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

parrot 3100 is a very good kit, i'd recommend it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Been looking around lately myself. From the places I've been to it seems the Parrot MKi 9200 is an excellent piece of kit. Getting one fitted myself in a few weeks when the fitter gets back from his holidays. It's costing €300 fitted outside my door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I want to get a bluetooth kit for the Focus, I like the small Parrot units as they are quire discrete, anybody have any other recommendations?

Was thinking of the PARROT CK3100 LCD or the PARROT CK3200 LS-COLOR.

Cheers.

The 3200 is the better kit, but none of the companies I use want them as the colour unit freezes up and needs replacing.

I've lost count of the number of 3100's I've had fitted over the last couple of years. There have been a couple that have had issues, but in the main they are very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have a Parrot 3100, does exactly what it's supposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Thanks lads, I'm going with the 3100, €259 fitted which seems fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only issue I have with the 3100 is the backlight, it's so half assed. It covers the screen in blotchy bright parts, and other parts are dull. It's been the same on every 3100 I've fitted (About 50 of them over the years).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Fitted a CK3000 myself, total cost was €70 (from Ebay). I was going to get the CK3100 but wanted something more discreet, that screen would have to be mounted in a very visible place for the driver to use and would attract thieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had mine fitted by a guy called Dave Robinson, he called out and charged (I think) €220. I've used him before, and always found his work good & neat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thanks lads, I'm going with the 3100, €259 fitted which seems fair.

I bought one off ebay for 130 and fitted it in about 15 min.

It is a piece of piss to fit. It just piggybacks into the iso connections in the back of the radio

EDIT: The only fault I have with it, is that when you press the button to answer, when you are using a Sony Ericsson it takes a while to pick up

Slidey wrote: »
    I bought one off ebay for 130 and fitted it in about 15 min.

It is a piece of piss to fit. It just piggybacks into the iso connections in the back of the radio

No confident removing trim, stereo, running the mic cable around the place, happy to leave it to the professionals.

• Advertisement

Just a quick follow up on this. The PARROT CK3100 LCD was installed yesterday, very efficient and neat job, good service. The unit is very user friendly and the call quality is amazing, crystal clear on both ends by all accounts. Delighted not to have to fumble around with the phone in the car anymore.

2 thumbs up.

Advertisement