Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

is there any difference is asking a question about a torrent problem for DS game and people having a forum to advertise a service for 'flashing' x-boxes??. nothing at all against the people who are flashing them, it's a great service in all fairness. in one way or another downloading a game for a ds is the same as someone flashing an x-box which in turn allows someone to play downloaded xbox games, or am i wrong??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

poindexter wrote: »
    is there any difference is asking a question about a torrent problem for DS game and people having a forum to advertise a service for 'flashing' x-boxes??. nothing at all against the people who are flashing them, it's a great service in all fairness. in one way or another downloading a game for a ds is the same as someone flashing an x-box which in turn allows someone to play downloaded xbox games, or am i wrong??

Modding an x-box does nothing but void your warranty. Playing pirated games is not the only reason someone would choose to mod a games console. They may wish to use it as a media player, install linux etc.

Downloading games is illegal and therefore boards don't condone it in any way.
    There are plenty of legitimate reasons to mod a console.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

1/ Flashing an xbox, as long as the firmware is not copyright, is not illegal.

2/ Some people,though maybe in the minority, flash xboxs for other reasons other than to play copied, downloaded games.
    in one way or another downloading a game for a ds is the same as someone flashing an x-box

I think that they have very little in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

cool, thanks for the replies :)

what are the other reasons for flashing xboxes other than playing downloaded games on them????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

My lil' brother flashed his so he could install XBMC, creating a pretty cool media centre.

Other people just do it because they can or just want to see what's possible. I don't have a console but the whole idea of buying a piece of kit and not opening it up to see what else it can do is alien to me. In the past modders have created tools and hacks for hardware that goes beyond what the original developers though that it could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

whats the story now with flashed xbox's?? looks like some people might have their console's banned/blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

whats the story now with flashed xbox's?? looks like some people might have their console's banned/blocked.

Try asking that in the relevant console forum. This is the forum for site feedback. It's not a topic that belongs in Feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement