Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Palmerstown

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can anybody tell me about Palmerstown? What sort of area is it? Is it a nice/safe/family oriented neighboroughood? What about schools in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I lived there for a year three years ago. It was a grand area, where I lived very peaceful and quiet. There are schools but not having children I don't know what they're like and how long the waiting list is etc so you may get advice elsewhere. It's a nice area in general. You get the odd shower of "yunflits" hanging around outside the shops and chippers sometimes but it's not a rough place and they keep to themselves for the most part.

There's also a leisureplex (small one I think) for bowling and that near the supermarket (not in the village itself, over the other side of the main road near the cemetery..near The Silver Granite Bar) so that may wile away some wet days with kids etc. and there's a park sandwiched in between Palmerstown and Ballyfermot (called the gaels I think, there's a path for running on, or walking your dog if you have one) And the bus services which pass through from Lucan and Maynooth are very regular and you're in town in half an hour, or thereabouts.
    All in all, I really liked it there. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 egreta

Are there any city council houses in Palmerston? It's close to Ballyfermot. What other area can you compare it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I live in close proximity to Palmerstown. It isn't all bad but it has its bad points. There have been problems with anti-social behavior over the last few years in certain estates, enough so that TDs were lobbying for more Gardai to patrol the place. There seems to be a mix of people living there, you can't really tar every part of Palmerstown with the one brush. It has its good side of the community and the bad side (like most towns).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Babooshka wrote: »
    There's also a leisureplex (small one I think) for bowling.
    Just a small point of information, the bowling centre is Superdome, it's not a part of the Leisureplex group ;) It's independently owned by a family and I had the good fortune to bowl there for a few great years in the 1990's (as well as working there for a time) :)

I totally agree with Devia, Palmerstown has it's good and bad points, it doesn't have a 'bad' reputation but it's not exactly Dublin 4 either :pac: I like Palmerstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clare12

Hello,
    I am looking at the Glenaulin Green area of palmerstown to live, could anyone tell me is this area safe as I don't know the area well, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement